San Juan mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz has responded to Donald Trump’s remarks that Puerto Rico’s recovery has “thrown our budget a little out of whack,” and his suggestion that the island has not suffered “a real catastrophe like Katrina.”
“I would hope that the president of the United States stops spouting out comments that are hurtful to the people of Puerto Rico,” Cruz told CNN. “It doesn’t make you feel good.”
Donald Trump shook hands w/ San Juan Mayor who told him "it's not about politics" Trump didn't answer then pointedly ignored her. - Andrea Mitchell, NBC
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Kremlin: We hope new US envoy can help repair US-Russia ties
- Pentagon IDs soldier killed in Iraq
- US expels 15 Cuban diplomats, and another victim confirmed in Havana sonic attack
- Trump slam on Tillerson raises more questions about North Korea policy
- NRA spokesperson dismisses Las Vegas massacre by claiming ‘feet’ are just as deadly as guns
"They should be praying for God to forgive them for letting the gun lobby run this country." - Jimmy Kimmel
A broad area of low pressure over the southwestern Caribbean Sea has a 40 percent chance of developing into a tropical cyclone over the next two days, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said on Tuesday.
Perhaps God's answer to all the gun-violence prayers is: "I gave you brains and common sense for a reason. Use them." - Rex Huppke
- No Republican lawmakers would appear on ‘Morning Joe’ to discuss the Las Vegas massacre
- Trump praises himself for administration's 'great job' in Puerto Rico
- Trump tosses paper towels into crowd while distributing supplies at a Puerto Rican church
- Manafort tried to use Trump campaign role to gain favor with Putin-linked oligarch: report
- Billionaire Robert Mercer Is Helping Pay Donald Trump's Legal Bills
- Jimmy Kimmel’s emotional plea after Las Vegas massacre: The NRA has politicians’ balls in a money clip
- Country music's Caleb Keeter after Vegas shooting: 'We need gun control RIGHT. NOW.'
- The press, branded the ‘enemy’ by Trump, increasingly trusted by the public: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner Had Third Email Account: Report
- Hundreds of White House emails sent to third Kushner family account
50+ dead in Las Vegas
1000s without food/water in Puerto Rico
9 million children about to lose health insurance
- David Corn
|GOP considering allowing plastique guns.|
The House today passed, 413 to 4, a bill that would ban the manufacture, sale or possession of any plastic firearm that could evade detection by X-ray machines or metal detectors...Voting against the House measure were Dick Cheney of Wyoming, Philip M. Crane of Illinois, Norman D. Shumway of California and Barbara F. Vucanovich of Nevada, all Republicans.
The price of freedom isn't mass shootings. It's having to live alongside Pat Robertson & Bill O' Reilly. And Dick Cheney walks the earth... -Elayne Boosler
|We must show respect to the gun's feelings.|
House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) on Tuesday went after Republicans for refusing to debate gun reform, suggesting they are simply pawns of the gun lobby.
“It is incomprehensible that the president or others would say, ‘This is not the time to debate this,’” Hoyer told reporters during a news briefing.
“Is there ever a time to debate this, or are we so cowed by the [National Rifle Association] that we can’t even talk about this issue and figure out how we can make America safer?”
I don't remember after 9/11 a huge outcry about holding off on discussing how to fix airport security. - Schooley Tweet
"I hate to tell you Puerto Rico but you've thrown our budget out of whack." - Donald Trump. today, in Puerto Rico
Rock The Voter News
- Hillary Clinton: 'Of Course' Republicans and NRA Are Complicit in Gun Violence
- Michelle Sends Barack Obama Anniversary Wishes: 'You're Still My Best Friend'
A white man shoots 600 people but you’re mad at the black man who’s sitting peacefully not harming anyone. That’s why he’s protesting. - Richie Loco Tweet
Trump Wants Abortion Ban
The Trump administration formally backed a House bill Monday that would ban abortions after 20 weeks...It would make it a crime to perform or attempt an abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy, with the possibility of a fine, up to five years in prison or both.
Congressional Republicans: GUN LAWS WON'T STOP SHOOTINGS
Also Congressional Republicans: ABORTION LAWS WILL STOP ABORTIONS - goldengateblond
- Wall Street hits another record high; Ford, GM higher
- Twitter and Facebook haven't stopped Russia-backed RT from advertising on their websites
- Publix recalls ground turkey that could contain metal shavings in Florida stores
Trump Blasts Puerto Ricans for Rudely Interrupting His Feud with Football Players. - Andy Borowitz
Oh, YAY! ATM Fee Increase
This year marks the 11th consecutive annual increase in bank ATM fees for customers using out-of-network machines, according to a new Bankrate.com report. Over the past decade, such fees have risen 55 percent. The average cost of such a transaction is now over $4.50.
Waking up to a world in which Donald Trump is president and Tom Petty is gone is a bitch. - David Corn