The mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico asked President Trump on Tuesday to focus on the people in crisis in the U.S. territory instead of Puerto Rico’s debt.
When Japan was hit by terrible quake & tsunami in 2011, DoD deployed 24K personnel, 189 aircraft & 24 USN ships for HA/DR.
Why less for PR? - John Schindler Tweet
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- North Korea Says Trump's Tweet Is A Declaration Of War. Twitter Won't Say If It Violates Its Rules.
- North Korea strengthening defenses amid heightened rhetoric: report
- Iran missile launch that Trump tweeted about was fake
- Trump on Japan: I only like their ‘custom bowing’
- Civil rights groups slam ICE over detentions of pregnant women
- Puerto Rico mayor warns of humanitarian crisis, ‘near-death conditions’ for elderly
- Democrats beg Trump to appoint a general in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell
Golly Gee. I'd Think The USA Needs More Cybersecurity
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s deputy faced questions from lawmakers on Tuesday who are worried about his plans to shutter an office responsible for promoting U.S. cybersecurity interests abroad.
Welcome to Trump's America, where citizens have to explain patriotism to a president that conspired with Russia. - Tea Pain
This Is How A Mormon U.S. Senator Addresses Disabled Protesters
“If you want a hearing, you better shut up,” Sen. Hatch said to protesting disability rights activists
The former slave states are the current death penalty states. It's not a coincidence. Racism infects our entire criminal justice system. - Sister Helen Prejean
- Bannon: NFL players should take a knee and ‘thank God’ Trump is president
- Pennsylvania fire chief calls Steelers coach Mike Tomlin a ‘no-good n*gger’ over NFL protests
- Ryan: NFL players shouldn't protest during anthem
- Secret Service protection for Donald Trump Jr. reactivated: report
- Trump Disappointed In ‘So-Called Republicans’ Who Sank Repeal Bill
- Alabama Senate Candidate Roy Moore Whips Out A Handgun At Rally
- Bannon to Alabama: 'They think you're a pack of morons'
- Trump pal Roger Stone claims DNC hack was ‘inside job’ as he plugs InfoWars conspiracist website
- IVANKA TRUMP AND DONALD JR. TRIED TO 'BUMP' TIFFANY OUT OF HER INHERITANCE, ACCORDING TO NEWLY RELEASED RECORDINGS
- Georgetown Law Students Uninvited From Sessions’ ‘Free Speech’ Event
Protesters are being banned from Jeff Sessions' free speech event at Georgetown because satire seceded from the US last November. - OhNoSheTwitnt
Trump Wants Ban On Kneeling NFL Players. Bigly.
President Trump is calling on the NFL to ban players from taking a knee during the national anthem.
"The NFL has all sorts of rules and regulations," Trump tweeted Tuesday. "The only way out for them is to set a rule that you can't kneel during our National Anthem!"
"You don't have freedom of speech at your job", is weird for an admin arguing businesses can refuse gay customers on free speech grounds. - Adam Serwer
Rock The Voter News
- Hillary Clinton: Trump officials using private email accounts is the "height of hypocrisy"
- Nearly half of Americans don’t know Puerto Ricans are US citizens
Jared's emails got 45 seconds at WH briefings
Hillary's emails got 500+ NYT columns, articles
- Eric Boehlert
Is This A "Real" Investigation?
Following reports that White House aides have been using private email accounts to conduct official business, the leaders of the House Oversight Committee, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) and Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), sent a letter to the White House on Monday asking that the administration identify any staffers using private email.
Personally I would rather Trump fight with the NFL than do anything even remotely related to running the country. - Andy Borowitz
- Nuclear bomb shelter sales are soaring due to North Korean threats
- Global stocks sluggish amid North Korea nerves, euro weakens
- Evaporation Engines Could Produce More Power Than Coal, with a Huge Caveat
- Seattle home price growth is nearly double any other US city
Just got a "stand or kneel" email from POTUS with a push poll and ask for support. He's using our national anthem to raise cash. Disrespect. - Richard W. Painter
The Senate will not vote on Republicans' latest bill to repeal Obamacare this week, putting an end to their seven-year push for now.
The decision was reached at a party lunch Tuesday after it became clear the plan would fail, GOP senators said. Three Senate Republicans had already said they would vote against the measure, and the GOP could only afford two defections.
The entire human race needs to act like a family. You should want a good life for everyone else not just yourself. - banksy