Sunday, December 28, 2014

Food is my favorite part of Christmas

Christmas Dinner - Costa Rica Style

Here's what I did at a 5 star Christmas dinner prepared by Angele.

It was dusk and about 80°. Our appetizer: Creamed Tuna filled pastries on a bed of lettuce and baby tomatoes. Oooh la la!






The star of the Christmas dinner. The paella. Magnifique!





As you can see, hands were swooping in for the paella.





I bought a Christmas gift for Amalia, who is 11, a bracelet making kit on ebay. She was engrossed in her project.





Our Christmas dessert was a fresh baked yellow cake with a crunchy sugar crust, still warm, accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Selfishly, I forgot to take a picture because I devoured it immediately.

But the evening ended with a twist, after Jose lighted the Christmas candle luminaries, they soon caught on fire because of the 40mph gusts of wind that came out of nowhere! I missed that pic too!


It was a lovely Christmas celebration.

Now, we all can look forward to the New Year.

Peace, Costa Rica style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment