A devastating winter storm that has plunged Texas into an electricity crisis offers warning signs for the U.S. as the Biden administration seeks to prepare for a future in which extreme weather is a greater risk and America is almost entirely powered by renewable energy.
BREAKING: Rush Limbaugh died. I will be refraining from comment.
Former President George W. Bush remembers Limbaugh as ‘indomitable spirit with a big heart’
The World Is A Safer Place Without Republicans
- Riot probe to likely focus on McCarthy-Trump call
- Texas Man Who Broke Speaker’s Lobby Doors Told His Wife to ‘Get Rid of His Trump Things’ After Capitol Invasion: Prosecutors
- Conservative Pundit Brent Bozell Condemned Capitol Attack as ‘Wrong’ — His Son Is Now Charged in the Attack
The Party of Personal Responsibility would like you to know that it's somebody else's fault that decades of deregulation and climate change denial has resulted in Texans freezing in the dark. - Jeff Tiedrich
When Capitalists Run The Power Grid, Blackouts Happen.
When it gets really cold, it can be hard to produce electricity, as customers in Texas and neighboring states are finding out. But it’s not impossible. Operators in Alaska, Canada, Maine, Norway and Siberia do it all the time.
What has sent Texas reeling is not an engineering problem, nor is it the frozen wind turbines blamed by prominent Republicans. It is a financial structure for power generation that offers no incentives to power plant operators to prepare for winter. In the name of deregulation and free markets, critics say, Texas has created an electric grid that puts an emphasis on cheap prices over reliable service.
If you elect people who hate and fear government to run government, you get bad governmentBad government has consequences. Bad government can't handle a crisis, won't help its citizens, and can only blame others for its failure. Quod erat demonstrandumRemember this. - Stonekettle tweet
- "West Texas mayor resigns after refusing to help with snowstorm: ‘The City and County...owes you NOTHING’."
- Texas governor slammed for blaming blackouts on 'Green New Deal' hours after admitting frozen gas lines were the culprit
- Rick Perry calls on Texans to endure frigid temps without heat to ‘keep the feds out of their business’
- 'Got a job yet?' Internet shreds 'mean girl' Kayleigh McEnany after she mocks Biden's 'love' of kids
- Steve Bannon Allegedly Claimed Trump Was Suffering From ‘Early Stage Dementia’ While President
- Trump Attacks 'Hack' McConnell in Scathing Statement: GOP 'Will Not Win Again' If They Stick With Him
- 'BULLSH*T!' Fox News Hot Mic Catches Larry Kudlow Raging at Kamala Harris For Claim About Vaccines
- Attorney: Ghislaine Maxwell 'withering to a shell of her former self' in jail
- Milwaukee Bucks exec announces run for Johnson's Senate seat
- South Carolina abortion ban awaits final vote in House
- Former Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City demolished
It’s fitting that Trump Plaza turned to ash on Ash Wednesday. - Windsor Mann
Well, This Is Not Only Wasteful, But Cruel.
Roughly a dozen Portland police officers faced off with a small group at a Northeast Portland Fred Meyer on Tuesday after people tried to take food that had been thrown away.
Workers at the Hollywood West Fred Meyer threw away thousands of perishable items because the store, like many others, had lost power in an outage brought on by the region’s winter storm.
Tucker Carlson trying to convince you that Joe and Jill Biden are not in love is like the opposite of a Cupid. I wish their was a name for that, it could even rhyme with Cupid. - Jeremy Newberger
The situation is dire in Austin. We’re without power and heat with no end in sight amidst frigid temperatures. My wife and I still have running water. Others have had pipes break. There needs to be accountability for what happened. Right now the priority is to keep people safe. - Dan Rather
Rock The Voter News
- 'Now is the time we should be spending': Biden pitches $1.9 trillion COVID relief
- Biden brings compassion, centrism and a big-time vaccine promise at CNN town hall
- President Biden is ensuring that schools have resources to reopen and stay open safely
Aw, Giuliani Isn't Trump's Lawyer Anymore.
Former President Donald Trump's longtime personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, is "not currently representing President Trump in any legal matters," senior Trump adviser Jason Miller told CNN on Tuesday.
Donald Trump just historically lost the WH, Senate, & House. The Republican Party thinks they can’t win without him. Ain’t that rich? - Tim Hannan
- Retail sales jump 5.3 percent in January, fueled by coronavirus aid
- Google to pay News Corp to distribute content in global deal
- New York sues Amazon over worker pandemic safety issues
- Burger King, Wendys ramp up the competition in the chicken sandwich wars
Clorox Sues Trump For Damaging Its Brand. - Andy Borowitz
Law Firm Tied To Trump Has Been Hacked.
A hacker is claiming to have stolen files from prominent law firm Jones Day, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.
The files were posted to the dark web, according to the Journal, and included some documents that were reviewed by the newspaper. One memo was reportedly addressed to a judge and marked “confidential mediation brief,” while another is a cover letter for “confidential documents.”
I haven’t had so much as a cold since Covid. Masks forever? - Jane Lynch
- Volunteers rescue hundreds of turtles from frigid temperatures in Texas
- Philadelphia artist's 6,507-square-foot drawing breaks world record
- Hungry alligator steals Florida man's golf ball
- Crocodile undergoes surgery to remove shoe from stomach in Florida
- Authorities: Men posed as US marshals to avoid wearing masks
Time To Deflate Photo