The security checkpoint outside the House chamber has created tension between some members and Capitol Police.
Does anyone else just want to scream I TOLD YOU SO? - Bryce Tache
I’m back in the Rotunda for the first time since the January 6th insurrection. It looks more beautiful than ever. - Rep. Andy Kim tweet
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Joint Chiefs Remind U.S. Forces That They Defend The Constitution
- Officer resigns as Army investigates her involvement in Washington rally that led to U.S. Capitol riot
- Cruz Office's Contact Info Written In Note Found In Indicted Pro-Trump Rioter's Truck
- Anderson Cooper Asks Why Trump Didn't Stop Assault on Capitol With Pence Trapped Inside: Did He Care If 'His Own Vice President Would Be Killed?'
- Stunning New Report Details How Trump Failed to Respond to Riot Because He Was ‘Too Busy Watching’ TV Coverage
Could the Republicans who keep making these “both sides” arguments please share video of the Black Lives Matter terror attack on our nation’s Capitol? I somehow missed that. - Andy Borowitz
Reconnoitering The Insurrection
Rep. Mikie Sherrill claimed she saw members of Congress leading people through the Capitol Building on January 5th, the day before the deadly insurrection by Trump supporters who had assembled hours before for a pro-Trump “Save America Rally.”
The New Jersey Democratic Congresswoman who represents the 11th district of the Garden state called the tour “reconnaissance for the next day” when insurrectionists took part in a deadly siege on the legislative branch.”
Prisoners Drawing Straws To Determine Who Must Share Cell With Ted Cruz. - Andy Borowitz
- Congressman Says House is Considering Expelling ‘Dangerous’ and ‘Depraved’ QAnon Congresswoman
- Scalise labels Capitol rioting 'domestic terrorism'
- ‘It Became Sort of Lawless’: Florida Vaccine Rollout Turns Into a Free-for-All
- Trump Reportedly Told Pence He Would Go Down in History as a 'P*ssy'
- New York City to end all contracts with the Trump Organization
- GOP support for Trump reelection bid drops 13 points: poll
- Fox’s Brit Hume Tells Tucker Carlson Trump is ‘Radioactive’ to the GOP Now: He Fed His Base ‘Utter Balderdash’ About Election Results
- Rubio invokes unity in request for Biden to call for individual $2K checks
Fun fact: these sanctimonious grandstanding f*cks are the same clowns who held thirteen Benghazi hearings. - Jeff Tiedrich
Mitch Ditches Trump?
The last act of Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell may very well be to throw out the president who cost him his majority — and who endangered his life and the rest of Congress.
According to a late Tuesday night report from Axios, McConnell is now a better than even bet to convict Donald Trump in a Senate trial if the House impeaches the president on Wednesday, which it almost assuredly will.
McConnell didn’t just catch religion, nor did he find a conscience. Mitch has been struck by a very clear idea of how complicit his own Senators and GOP house member were in Trump’s seditious conspiracy. - Zev Shalev
My guess is that Trump leaves DC by Friday, bunkers in down at Mar A Lago, becomes paranoid of even Secret Service and tries to hire Erik Prince’s guys as a security force. - Noel Casler
Rock The Voter News
- House to impeach Trump for inciting Capitol attack
- Security concerns mount ahead of Biden inauguration
- Biden team plans inauguration night celebrity TV special
- AOC Thought She'd Be Killed, Feared 'White Supremacist Members Of Congress' Would Turn Her Over to Trump Rioters
- House Democrats reintroduce bill to reduce lobbyist influence
It's going to be really awkward when Ivanka Trump walks into the prison cafeteria and everyone is wearing the same outfit she is. - Middle Age Riot
- Airbnb cancelling reservations in Washington, DC during inauguration week
- Third bank cuts ties with Trump after Capitol riot
- Eric Trump: Business cancellations part of liberal 'cancel culture'
- Apple details plans to spend $100M to boost racial equity
Trump Doubles Down And Offers Bill Belichick 3 Presidential Medals Of Freedom. - The Onion
The Last Days of Pompeo
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo set off alarms among ethics experts and whistleblowers this week when he leaned into his criticism of Voice of America (VOA) during a speech broadcast live by the government-funded media outlet.
From the bottom of this Army veteran’s heart, I just want to say thank you Speaker Nancy Pelosi for defending the Constitution, our Democracy, and the American people. - David Weissman
Speaker Pelosi thanks the National Guard for protecting our Capitol and working to ensure a peaceful transfer of power.
What an iconic image.
Time To Deflate Photo
Peace and beauty.