CNN reports new details of President Donald Trump’s forgoing of the traditional handoff of the “nuclear football” — he’s taking the highly classified briefcase with him to Mar-a-Lago instead.
“The most important briefcase in the world, carried by the military and never far from the President of the United States,” said CNN’s Barbara Starr, adding, “The case holds the highly classified equipment and authorities needed for our president to order the military to launch a nuclear weapon.”
Can we just refer to 45 as “Florida Man” in headlines from now on? - George Takei
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Majority in new poll worried and pessimistic about nation's future
- Pro-Trump Capitol Rioter Allegedly Threatened to Shoot Family If They Reported Him: 'Traitors Get Shot'
- Feds arrest Capitol rioter who allegedly broke into Pelosi's office, stole laptop, wanted to sell it to Russia
- Two Guard members removed from Biden inauguration over ties to far-right groups: report
- Texas governor calls FBI vetting of National Guard troops 'offensive'
- Romney calls for Senate to pass sanctions on Putin over Navalny poisoning
- 200K flags placed on the National Mall ahead of Biden inauguration to represent missing crowd
Pretty much the only thing I got wrong about the Trump presidency is that I really thought he would have blurted the n-word into a live microphone by now. - Jeff Tiedrich
Republicans Have Turned My Beloved Florida Into A Banana Republic
Rebekah Jones, Florida's former COVID-19 data scientist, turned herself in to police after a warrant was issued for her arrest for illegal use of the state's computer system, CBS Miami reports. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement announced the arrest of Jones, 31, on Monday morning. The agency said she is charged with one count of offenses against users of computers, computer systems, computer networks and electronic devices.
Have you noticed how many people who stormed the Capitol have now been arrested because their exes ratted them out? I'm just saying, if these fools had only watched #FirstWivesClub. - Bette Midler
- McConnell, McCarthy accept Biden invitation to pre-inauguration church service
- CNN poll: Melania Trump leaving office as least popular first lady ever
- Sean Spicer applies to join White House Correspondents' Association
- Anthony Scaramucci says even he got an invite to Trump's D.C. sendoff
- 'I Wonder If I Should Sue The Bastard': James Comey Says He Considered Suing Trump and Giuliani
- Bill Barr: Attacks on the 2020 Election's Legitimacy 'Precipitated' Storming of the Capitol
- Texas Lawyer Who Was Fired After Filming Himself at Capitol Files Lawsuit Declaring Trump’s Impeachment ‘Null and Void’
Crazy how the confederacy mounted a more successful insurrection than the proud boys and they didn’t even have the Internet. Or telephones. Or electricity. Or cheese. Wait did they have cheese? I’m not a historian. - Sarah Cooper
Oooooh, So This Was Barr's Death Knell
Former Attorney General William Barr reportedly pushed back strongly on President Trump when discussing claims the president was circulating about the election being "stolen" from him.
I don’t understand why more republicans aren’t outraged that Trump almost got Mike Pence assassinated. - Bryce Tache
I live in two countries called the United States. - John Fugelsang
Rock The Voter News
- Instead of being greeted by their predecessors, Joe and Jill Biden will be met by the White House chief usher
- Biden Intel chief nominee Avril Haines pledges public report on QAnon threat
- Media barred from bringing bullet-proof vests, gas masks and helmets to inauguration
- Biden inauguration live updates: Inaugural events to kick off amid heightened security
Jill Biden should host Michelle Obama, Laura Bush, Hillary Clinton, and Rosalynn Carter for a fabulous "First Ladies Who Have Manners" luncheon at the White House.And Vogue should put it on the cover. And send a copy to Melania. - Mrs. Betty Bowers
What If The Insurrection Was A Distraction To Plant One Of Putin's Suitcase Nukes At The Capitol? FYI: I Just Watched DESIGNATED SURVIVOR On Netflix.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Monday that she wants to see if President Trump “was talking to” Russian President Vladimir Putin on “the day that insurgents invaded our Capitol.”
After this moment when they were both upset by watching John Jr. saluting his father’s casket at JFK funeral, 1963, ex-Presidents Truman and Eisenhower ended their 11-year-old feud, which began when Truman criticized Ike in 1952 campaign. - Michael Beschloss tweet
Coronavirus Optimistic New Mutation Will Be Widely Available To Public By Early Spring. - The Onion
- Dow jumps 250 points on final day of Trump presidency
- WaPo Publishes Column Calling on Cable Companies to Shut Down Fox News, Newsmax, OAN: 'Incited Sedition'
- ‘They’re Trying To Cancel Me’: MyPillow CEO Says Retailers Have Dropped The Brand Amid His Baseless Voter Fraud Claims
- Mets fire general manager after report of unsolicited text messages to female reporter
- Parler receiving Russian firm's services as it gears up to relaunch
The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people. - Mitch McConnell on the Senate Floor Today
Rep. Lauren Boebert Is An Insurrectionist“We saw Congressman Boebert taking a group of people for a tour sometime after the 3rd and before the 6th,” Cohen remarked on CNN. His memory was triggered by Rep. John Yarmuth, who witnessed the alleged tours with Cohen.
Time To Deflate Photo
- Dinosaur fossils could belong to the world's largest ever creature
- Thai court gives record 43-year sentence for insulting king
- Seesaws installed for 20 minutes across US-Mexico border win design award
- Fascinating comparison images show how dogs and cats see our homes
- Swan crashes through window into woman's bathroom
Time To Deflate Photo