As he touted surprising new jobless numbers showing unemployment had improved in May despite getting worse as predicted, President Donald Trump on Friday said he hoped George Floyd was “looking down” from heaven “and saying, ‘This is a great thing happening for our country.’”
Trump is a sadist. He knew that comment would cause pain.
Suggesting a black man murdered by a white police officer is in heaven looking down approvingly on the work of a racist president who has been denouncing police brutality protesters as “thugs” and “terrorists” is some upper-level white supremacy, IMHO. - Rex Huppke
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- D.C. Mayor Bowser has 'Black Lives Matter' painted on street leading to White House
- DC renames street near White House 'Black Lives Matter Plaza' to honor George Floyd protests
- SHOCKING VIDEO: LAPD officers seen striking protesters with batons in Fairfax district confrontation
- Bat-wielding 75-year-old white woman tries to block peaceful protesters from marching
- Law Enforcement Seizes Masks Meant To Protect Anti-Racist Protesters From COVID-19
- Leaked document reveals details of federal law enforcement patrolling Washington amid protests
JUST IN: A senior defense official tells @CBSNews Defense Secretary Esper has given the order to return all active duty troops brought into the capital region to their home bases. - Paula Reid tweet, CBS
Amazing how much trouble could be avoided if cops just wouldn't choke people to death and the rest of us would just wear a mask in crowded areas. But nah, we just gonna keep f-ckin sh-t up. - Tim Hanlon
Attention Bubba: Now The Police Are Attacking Old, White Protesters
Two police officers in Buffalo, New York, have been suspended without pay after they were caught on camera shoving a 75-year-old protester, causing him to fall and knock his head to the ground.
My question to President Trump just now: Why haven’t you laid out a plan to address systemic racism? What is the plan?
His response: A strong economy. - Yamiche Alcindor, PBS
Aaaaaaand there goes all the good will from the COVID-19 response
Gov. Cuomo called on city prosecutors to crack down on looters Thursday while casting doubt on aggressive NYPD tactics despite viral footage of police clobbering peaceful protesters with batons.
When asked for his thoughts on videos from the night before of officers bludgeoning demonstrators protesting police brutality for staying out past the city’s 8 p.m. curfew in Brooklyn and Manhattan, the governor said, “That’s not a fact. They don’t do that."
- Days After Bible Photo Op, New Poll Shows Trump Has Tanked 15 Points With White Evangelicals Since March
- White House Security Barred Clergy From Holding Vigil Outside Church
- Bexar County GOP chair suggests Floyd killing may have been staged to hurt Trump
- Lara Logan Makes Bonkers Claim Antifa Is Infiltrating Law Enforcement Nationwide With Complicity from Black Police, Elected Officials
- Chaos in the Texas GOP as FOUR Republican County Officials Face Criticism for Sharing Racist Posts, George Floyd Conspiracies
- Trump Campaign Manager Falsely Accuses Lego of Pulling Police, White House Sets Even After Lego Confirms Claim Is Not True
- Trump Retweets Incoherent Rant From His Former Mueller Probe Attorney: DC Protestors Were 'Terrorists,' MS-13 Owns 'Huge Sections' of Major Cities
- Trump campaign removes space-themed ad amid complaints from former astronaut, others
Trump Claims That Wall Around White House Is to Prevent Staff from Quitting En Masse. - Andy Borowitz
Committed voter fraud to vote for a fraud
Donald Trump has made unfounded accusations of widespread voter fraud a centerpiece of his presidency, as well as his reelection campaign. He claimed millions of people voted illegally in 2016, created an inept committee to investigate voter fraud, and now opposes mail-in voting, claiming it’s inherently fraudulent.
Now it appears that the president himself committed voter fraud.
How much does it cost to have an army occupy Los Angeles and why does my mom have to use her own paycheck to buy crayons for her first graders. - Tess Barker
Rock The Voter News
- 75 Percent of Millennial Women Now Believe President Trump Is Racist
- Joe Biden says 10-15% of Americans are 'not very good people'
- 'Mainers know the truth': Joe Biden reacts to Trump's visit
Hunter Biden Cleared By Ukrainian Prosecutors In Case Anyone Wants To Know
An audit of thousands of old case files by Ukrainian prosecutors found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Hunter Biden, the former prosecutor general, who had launched the audit, told Reuters.
Health Experts Warn Protests Could Set Off Second Wave Of Police Brutality - The Onion
I support a Constitutional Amendment to haze new Congresspeople by making them all work 40hrs per week for 25k per year w/no healthcare while raising 2 kids. - John Fugelsang
- The unemployment rate dropped to 13.3% in May, a report by the Labor Department showed
- NY Times Acknowledges 'Rushed Editorial Process' in Publishing Tom Cotton Op-Ed: 'Did Not Meet Our Standards'
- Twitter disables Trump campaign's George Floyd video tribute
- CNN Takes Day, Prime Time Ratings in the Demo for Sixth Straight Day, in Longest Win Streak Since 2001
- On Day of Trump Visit, Maine Paper Calls on Trump to Resign: 'We’re Sorry That You Decided to Come to Maine'
- Pandemic leads Moody’s to drop Costa Rica’s ratings forecast
There are many things to say about the Tom Cotton oped, and I said some, and might say some more. ... But here's a useful and common norm in a newsroom: "Hey, boss, you might want to take a look at this one before it runs." - Margaret Sullivan, Washington Post
Meanwhile, Russia Is Polluting The Arctic Circle
Russia's President Vladimir Putin has declared a state of emergency after 20,000 tonnes of diesel oil leaked into a river within the Arctic Circle.
The spill happened when a fuel tank at a power plant near the Siberian city of Norilsk collapsed last Friday.
On National Gun Violence Awareness Day, we #WearOrange to honor the victims and survivors of gun violence––which continues to disproportionately harm Black communities. Then keep speaking up, voting, and changing laws across the country. - Barack Obama