But most GOP senators are sticking with Trump.
Mitt Romney said former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis' extraordinary critique of President Donald Trump was “very powerful.” Lisa Murkowski said she’s “struggling” with whether to support Trump's reelection and even suggested Mattis’ comments could cause the dam to break in the GOP.
Your daily reminder:
Jim Mattis served America with honor and distinction for 40 years.
Donald Trump was a draft-dodging chickensh-t who hides in a bunker and returns fire via Twitter. - Rick Wilson
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- The FBI Finds ‘No Intel Indicating Antifa Involvement’ in Sunday’s Violence
- Tear Gas Canisters Found Outside White House, in Continued Debunking of Claims No Tear Gas Was Used
- 'He's Finally Building The Wall': Journalists Taunt Trump Over Barriers Around White House
- Man Who Shot and Killed Ahmaud Arbery Allegedly Called Him a ‘F***ing N****r’
Today's history lesson.
The Italians finally had enough of Mussolini.
It wasn't pretty. - Bruno Amato
Tar & Feather Rand Paul
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul acknowledged Wednesday that he's the lone holdout on passing a bill that would make lynching a federal crime. His objection holds up the bill even as Congress faces pressure for action during nationwide protests against racial violence.
I hope Biden’s first priority is to take down that f-cking fence around the peoples’ house. - Stephen King
- GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski Lauds Mattis' Takedown of Trump: 'Honest, Necessary and Overdue'
- Fox Anchor Ed Henry Confronts White House Spox After He Trashes Mattis: ‘You’re Attacking This Four Star General’
- John Kelly defends James Mattis: 'The president did not fire him'
- George Will Says Republicans Will Forget Trump 'Fairly Fast' When He Loses Election: 'Trump? I Don't Recognize The Name'
- 'You Think I'm in Trump's Pocket': Lindsey Graham Defends His Review of Russia Probe in Fiery Senate Rant
- After Telling LeBron to ‘Shut Up and Dribble,’ Laura Ingraham Says Drew Brees ‘Allowed to Have an Opinion’
- Grassley places hold on two Trump nominees in push for explanation of watchdog firings
- Trump Goes on Early Morning Twitter Frenzy Over 'Witch Hunt,' Roger Stone, and 'Fake' NY Times
Nation Issues Posthumous Apology To Richard Nixon For Calling Him Worst President. - breakingburgh.com
Republican Senator Is "Struggling" Whether To Vote For Trump
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) on Thursday praised former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’s scathing rebuke of President Trump as “true and honest and necessary” and admitted she is “struggling” with whether to vote for the president.
Trump’s Bleach Moment Now Seeming Like Career High Point - Andy Borowitz
Tear gas fired at young people protesting for a better world to clear the way for a monster to wave a bible in front of a church, with his little band of morally bankrupt enablers at his side. What a shameful moment for this country. - Jon Lovett
Rock The Voter News
- Police groups break with Biden
- Democrats on House Armed Services panel 'dismayed and gravely concerned' with Esper
- Faculty at GWU law school are pushing to get Bill Barr’s honorary degree revoked
- Obama urges young black people to 'feel hopeful'
Obama’s Barrage of Complete Sentences Seen as Brutal Attack on Trump. - Andy Borowitz
|The Bubba Brigade?|
Pelosi Wants To Know Why Some Officers Aren't Wearing ID Labels. Yeah, Me, Too.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday demanded that President Trump provide a list of the agencies involved in deploying law enforcement officers around Washington, D.C., in response to the crowds of demonstrators protesting police brutality.
Some officers policing protests in the city in recent days have been seen without any identifying labels on their uniforms, raising questions about which law enforcement agencies they represent.
Republican Leaders Claim New Yorkers Will Greet U.S. Military As Liberators - The Onion
- NY Times Suggests Readers Don't Know Difference Between Opinion and News in Report on Cotton Op-Ed Mutiny
- NY Times Publisher A.G. Sulzberger Writes Internal Memo After Staff Revolt Over Cotton Op-Ed: 'Essential' That We Reflect on Criticism
- Facebook begins labeling posts from foreign state-controlled media
‘New York Times’ Announces New Columnist Will Contribute Nothing To Society 3 Times A Week - The Onion
Bayer AG Must Not Have Donated To Trump
Bayer AG has been blocked from selling an agricultural weed killer in the United States, the latest setback for a business already fighting an expensive legal battle over another product.
Mark Zuckerberg Announces Virtual Roundtable With American Hate Groups To Better Understand How They Work. - The Onion