The message was simple, even if it might prove difficult to follow: “Avoid crowds,” Nancy Messonnier, MD, of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told reporters on Monday morning.
Italy has banned weddings and funerals for 16 million people. Japan has closed schools for a month. France and Iraq have banned public gatherings. The U.N. has canceled all physical meetings to address climate change. Americans are uncertain what to do about Coachella. - James Hamblin
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump Overruled Health Officials Who Wanted to Warn the Elderly Not to Fly
- Judges blast Trump administration for ordering coronavirus info posters taken down from courts
- DNI Warned a Year Ago That U.S. Was Vulnerable to Pandemic, ‘Large-Scale Outbreak’
- Italians have been told they won't have to pay their mortgage payments while the country goes into coronavirus lockdown
- Costa Rica suspends mass gatherings in face of coronavirus
- U.S. begins troop withdrawal from Afghanistan, official says
You’re not just protecting yourself by working from home, minimizing travel, and washing your hands.
You’re protecting people in your community who may have a greater risk of complications from COVID-19 than you do.
We’re all in this together. Let’s act like it. - Hillary Clinton
The Willful Neglect of Protecting The American People
On Saturday Jan. 11 — a month and a half before the first Covid-19 case not linked to travel was diagnosed in the United States — Chinese scientists posted the genome of the mysterious new virus, and within a week virologists in Berlin had produced the first diagnostic test for the disease.
Soon after, researchers in other nations rolled out their own tests, too, sometimes with different genetic targets. By the end of February, the World Health Organization had shipped tests to nearly 60 countries.
The United States was not among them.
I’m for paid sick leave for every American for every sickness.
Not sure why some folks would come to the conclusion that’s it’s a good idea for Coronavirus but not for cancer. - Sen. Chris Murphy
- Michigan Republican Mayor Who Voted For Trump Switches To Biden: 'Even More Deranged Now Than I Thought Then'
- Trump and GOP mount coordinated campaign to paint Biden as senile
- Trump criticizes congressional election security briefings over Schiff's involvement
- Ranking GOPer falsely claims 330 million Americans ‘had 350 million cases of the flu this year alone’
- Trump budget chief holds firm on CDC cuts amid virus outbreak
- VP Mike Pence Dodges Questions About Impact of Trump Tweets, Number of Americans Tested for Coronavirus
- Rep. Matt Gaetz Says Coronavirus Test is Negative
- Melania Trump cancels California fundraiser
- ‘He is a monster’: George Papadopoulos’ wife divorcing him ‘after months of abuses’
- Austin-based conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was booked into the Travis County Jail on a charge of driving while intoxicated
- Prince Andrew 'shut the door' on Epstein probe cooperation - U.S. prosecutor
Quit dying, people! You’re embarrassing the President! - TheTweetOfGod
House Democrats Granted Access To Unredacted Mueller Report
House Democrats scored a major legal victory Tuesday as a federal appeals court panel granted them permission to access grand jury secrets from Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.
The 2-1 ruling from the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court decision in favor of the House’s ability to see the deleted passages in the public version of the Mueller report, the 448-page tome that describes the two-year investigation into potential links between Trump’s campaign and Russia.
ATTENTION CORONAVIRUS VICTIMS: You can rest easier knowin’ your illness didn’t keep Donald Trump from playin’ golf.. - Tea Pain
If men could get pregnant, the Second Amendment would be expanded to protect abortion and birth control. - MIddle Age Riot
Rock The Voter News
- Nancy Pelosi Says 'Civilization' At Stake in 2020 Election
- 'Remember us': could Trump lose Florida because of hurricane refugees?
- 'You're Full of Sh*t!' Joe Biden Argues With Voter Who Accused Him of Trying to Take Away Guns
- Sanders Spars With Chris Cuomo Over Argument He Is Dismissing Dem Voters as the 'Establishment': 'No, No, No, No! Hold It! That Is Not Fair!'
Joe Biden just told a pro-gun propagandist that he’s “full of sh-t.”
I love Joe Biden. - Palmer Report
Gov. Cuomo Sends National Guard To New Rochelle
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Tuesday the state will send the National Guard to New Rochelle as part of a "containment" plan to slow the spread of coronavirus in that Westchester city, which has become the center of the state's outbreak.
The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in New York has increased to 173, Cuomo said. More than 100 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Westchester County.
Remember when the Dow crashed and Obama said “I got this,” then H1N1 hit and ppl panicked but Obama said “didn’t I just say it got this?” then Ebola hit & O said “I told y’all motherf--kers I got this,” then stocks soared & everyone got free health care?
Anyway (sigh)Good times- Michael Harriot
Republican are talking about bailing out the airlines and oil companies. How about a bail-out for middle-class and poor folks who can’t pay their medical bills? - Stephen King
- Trump Blames Saudi-Russian Oil Fight, Media for Market Drop
- Pelosi blames market drop on Trump's handling of US coronavirus outbreak
- United States trails behind Mexico and India when it comes to animal protection laws, report finds
- Coronavirus: Harvard moves classes online, tells students don't return after spring break
- Twitter Breaks Out New Misinformation Policy for Trump Campaign’s Biden Smear
Rep. Louis Gohmert has chosen not to self-quarantine because he's already used to infecting everyone around him with his stupidity. - Nick Jack Pappas
This Man Deserves The What-Would-Jesus-Do Award
Just like any other used-car dealership, during the day, Kiplin Automotive Group sells cars. But as night falls and others return home, Kiplin Auto's manager James Charles turns on the lights and transforms the dealership into a haven for those who are homeless and living in their cars.
The real winner of this pandemic are the nation's dogs, who are experiencing unprecedented levels of People Being Home. - Hanna Brooks Olsen
I'd Rather You Laugh Than Cry