The White House is preparing to ask Congress for emergency funding to fight the coronavirus, a spokesman said Monday, but declined to say how much would be requested.
"We need some funding here to make sure that we protect all Americans,” White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said on Fox News.
A lot of people who did not predict what is currently happening seem oddly confident that they know what will happen next. - Jacob Brogan
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump’s new acting Director of National Intelligence conducted undisclosed work for Hungary’s far-right government
- Biden Rips Trump Admin Over Russian Interference: They're 'Incapable' of Dealing With It, 'They Like This'
- Chuck Todd Clashes With WH Official Over Trump Reaction to Russia Briefing: He’s Not Concerned About Interference?
- National security adviser dismisses claim of Russian aid for Trump in 2020 race
- Pence aide: No sign of Russian help for Trump
- Bernie Sanders Tells Anderson Cooper That, as President, He Would 'Absolutely' Intervene Militarily If China Invaded Taiwan
aliens: *landing on earth* take us to your leader
america: alright but ... sorry
aliens: *wincing* jesus christ are there any others we can talk to?
uk: here's ours? also sorry
aliens: okay look that's clearly the same guy as before. - nash tweet
Florida Dem Mocks Bernie Over Castro Praise
A Democratic Florida lawmaker is likening Sen. Bernie Sanders’s (I-Vt.) comments about former Cuban leader Fidel Castro to President Trump’s widely criticized response to the Charlottesville, Va. protests.
“Saying a murderous dictator wasn’t so bad because of a literacy program is like saying ‘there were very fine people, on both sides,’” state Sen. Annette Taddeo tweeted Monday.
Republicans Defend Trump's Decision To Give Putin Office Space At White House. - Andy Borowitz
- As Trump Seizes Money For Wall, Congress's Spending Power Weakens
- CPAC Releases Agenda that Features SIX Panel Discussions About 'The Coup'
- Conservative Think Tank Dispatches German Teenager Dubbed 'Anti-Greta' to Speak at CPAC
- Court dumps Nunes' suit against Trump dossier firm
- McConnell-aligned super PAC-funded group meddling in North Carolina Democratic primary
- David Frum: Trump Went After Clinton's Health a Lot But He's 'One of the Fattest Presidents Ever'
- Judge Shuts Down Roger Stone’s Argument That She Be Disqualified from Case as He Pursues Retrial
- 'All traitors must die': Feds charge man for threatening whistleblower attorney
- GOP councilman in Arizona suspends congressional bid after heroin overdose
- Elderly Trump voter suggests making him president for life — then admits he may have to sell personal property for meds
Trump Fears Next Election Will Be Decided By Americans. - Andy Borowitz
Oh No, What Will Trump Eat In Vegetarian India?
Donald Trump has embarked on his first presidential visit to India, the world’s largest democracy – and home to the world’s largest population of vegetarians. Since Mr Trump is a noted beef-eater, in particular a lover of steak and burgers, gastronomically speaking, the visit will prove one of his most challenging.
Democrats: "Our candidate has to be perfect. A blameless, faultless, sinless, spotless paragon of absolute virtue. A divine being among mere mortals. An angel. A saint."
Republicans: "We literally don't care if our candidate steals the election." - Middle Age Riot
Bill Clinton & Obama are described by Sanders people as neoliberal goons, but both were elected w/majorities in Congress, both immediately tried to get full health care & both were rewarded by aggressively losing Congress 2 years later, giving us Newt in '94 & TeaParty in '10. - Joshua Cypress
Rock The Voter News
- Florida democrats rush to distance themselves from Bernie Sanders
- 'Say Goodbye to Florida': Bernie Sanders Torched for Equivocation Over Fidel Castro's Cuba
- Bernie Sanders Snubs AIPAC Over 'Providing a Platform for Bigotry,' Pro-Israel Lobby Group Denounces His 'Odious Attack'
- Bloomberg hammers Sanders on mixed gun control record
- Bloomberg camp blames Sanders after Chicago office vandalized with 'oligarch' graffiti
- Key South Carolina Democrat, Rep. James Clyburn, Will Reportedly Endorse Joe Biden in 2020 Race
- Poll: Klobuchar leads in Minnesota, followed by Sanders and Warren
If Joe Biden does well in South Carolina and he gets a "comeback" buzz around him, we're suddenly going to have a bunch of Republicans remembering how concerned they are about Hunter Biden. - Pe' tweet
This Is Scary, Folks
Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor ripped the Trump administration for abuse of the “emergency” designation in bringing cases to the Court, and the Court’s decisions on those cases, in a blunt dissent on a recent case.
That dissent went viral on social media on Saturday for its implication of a lack of impartiality from the conservative Justices when considering Trump admin cases.
Since Russia will not be allowed to compete in the 2020 Summer Olympics, Donald Trump has invited them to take part in the 2020 Presidential Election. - Middle Age Riot
- Professor warns: A recession ‘the likes of which we’ve never seen before’ could be on its way
- Fox Business Host Charles Payne Blames Dow Plunge on Bernie Sanders Winning Nevada
- Harvey Weinstein found guilty in landmark #MeToo moment
- Kobe Bryant's wife Vanessa files wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
The MSNBC leadership killed Ronan Farrow's story on Harvey Weinstein and tried to bury it. Those men are STILL there and I can't comprehend it. - Wajahat Ali
It's like the Dow Jones has finally realized Donald Trump is president. - Middle Age Riot
Coronavirus Fears Slam Stock Market
World markets got slammed on Monday, with investors unnerved by rising coronavirus concerns. An unexpected surge in confirmed infections within Italy and South Korea — which now has the largest cluster of cases outside of China — raised the possibility that the mystery virus could be mutating into a pandemic.
If you think journalism doesn't matter, take a gander at Harvey Weinstein today. - Blake News tweet