The Senate majority leader is weighing strategy with key Republicans and keeping his plans close to the vest.
Remember when reporters were like Mitch has got the votes and a plan because he’s so savvy and then we found out last night he was still meeting with people like Ted Cruz to try to figure out how to do this and whether to call Hunter Biden? - Adam Parkhomenko
Please call Hunter Biden as a witness and Joe Biden. And while you're at it call Hillary and Obama, too!
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Putin and Assad caught on video mocking Trump
- Iran dismisses new Trump nuclear deal a 'strange' proposal
- Stephen Miller shared idea of shipping undocumented immigrants out of the U.S. on trains as scare tactic, leaked Breitbart emails reveal
- Gordon Ramsay refused to cook for Donald Trump during his trip to the UK
- Officials say Philippines volcano eruption could be imminent
After reading about what Trump had planned for #MarieYovanovitch, is there any doubt in your mind that the assassination of #Soleimani was a Trump-mob hit paid for by Saudi Arabia with the American Military doing the dirty work? - Dr. Jack Brown tweet
The Entire Russian Government Resigned. All of Them.
The entire Russian government is resigning, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev announced on Russian state television Wednesday.
Russian President Vladimir Putin thanked members of the government for their work but added that "not everything worked out." Putin added that in the near future he will meet with each member of the cabinet.
Putin is extremely risk averse and almost never fires anyone. For him to sack the PM and change the constitution four years before his term is up suggests he’s deeply afraid of something. What that is, we have still to find out. - Bill Browder
We're sitting here, literally watching Trump plot the death of his own ambassador while the Senate Majority Leader openly refuses to do anything about it...
...and instead of taking the lead on this, Democratic Candidates are right now throwing shit at each other. Unbelievable. - Stonekettle tweet
- McConnell makes case for Trump acquittal ahead of trial
- Republicans face internal brawl over impeachment witnesses
- Rand Paul threatens to push for Hunter Biden testimony
- Bill Barr: No future counter-intel investigations into presidential campaigns without my approval
- ‘No cameras, no C-Span, no coverage.’ Rules will limit access during Trump’s trial
- Roberts, senators to be sworn in Thursday for impeachment trial
- At rally, Trump renews attack on lightbulbs and goes after dishwashers, fridges, toilets and showers
- Michael Flynn seeking to withdraw guilty plea
- Trump 'Emotionally and Verbally Abused' Kirstjen Nielsen, Mocked Her Appearance, Per New Book
Man Who Doesn't Understand How Toilets Work Doesn't Understand How Impeachment Works.- Jeff Tiedrich
Quid Pro Oooooohhhhhh
A lawyer for former U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch is calling for an investigation after materials released Tuesday night as part of the impeachment inquiry suggested she was under surveillance by individuals linked to President Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani.
That detail was among a trove of documents provided by Giuliani associate Lev Parnas that were made public by the House Intelligence Committee late Tuesday.
Just want to thank @RudyGiuliani for everything he has done getting @realDonaldTrump impeached and making it more difficult for the Senate to acquit him. - George Conway tweet
Rock The Voter News
- Pelosi announces impeachment managers ahead of trial
- House committee threatens to subpoena Pompeo
- Who Won The January Democratic Debate?
- 'Appallingly Sexist': Bernie Sanders Supporters Are Blanketing Elizabeth Warren's Tweets With Snake Emojis
- Sanders co-chairwoman on Warren: 'I know 30 years ago she was a Republican'
- Colbert Catches Bloomberg Defending Stop-and-Frisk Even After Apologizing, Calling It a 'Mistake'
i guess its a good thing ambassador marie yovanovitch stayed off of 5th avenue in kiev. - mith tweet
Bishops Remind Texas Governor of Jesus' Words
All 16 of Texas' Catholic bishops have issued a joint statement slamming Gov. Greg Abbott, who is Catholic, for announcing the state will bar refugees in 2020.
The bishops call Abbott's decision "misguided" and say it "denies people who are fleeing persecution, including religious persecution, from being able to bring their gifts and talents to our state and contribute to the general common good of all Texans."
"As Catholics, an essential aspect of our faith is to welcome the stranger and care for the alien," the bishops say in the statement, issued Friday.
I refuse to sign my organ donor card until I get some kind of guarantee that no part of my body will ever be used to keep Mitch McConnell alive. - Middle Age Riot
- EU disputes Boris Johnson on post-Brexit border
- Sicilian mafia clans hit in dawn raids over EU farm subsidies fraud
- Trump tears into Apple for refusing to unlock Pensacola shooter's cell phones
- Switzerland ranked best country in the world; US is seventh
- Toyota Recalling Nearly 700,000 Vehicles Because of Issues With Fuel Pumps
Can I just say: I’m grateful Amb. Yovanovitch got out of Ukraine alive. I’m grateful she had the courage to speak out about this criminal operation under oath. As for Giuliani & Donald “she’s going to go through some things” Trump (assuming they knew)? They are mafia-level trash. - Steven Beschloss
New Years Resolutions last week: Drink less, Get fit, Spend more time with my kids.
New Years Resolutions this week: Spend less time drinking around my fit kids. - Conan O'Brien