Turkish-led bombardment Friday killed 14 civilians in northeastern Syria, as Turkey's president threatened to broaden his assault and an hours-old US-brokered deal already appeared to crumble.
I don’t know much about politics but I guess I thought freeing ISIS fighters would be disqualifying for a candidate. - Brian Schatz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump Insists 'Ceasefire' in Syria is Working Amidst Reports of Fighting: 'Big Progress Being Made!!!!'
- Trump insists Turkish leader wants cease-fire
- 'Not a ceasefire': Turkish leader says it's a 'pause' after Pence touts agreement
- Turkey may have used chemical weapons on Kurdish civilians
- There Is No Plan B for ISIS Prisoners
- Senators want vote on bill to rein in president's emergency powers
- Jane Fonda and Sam Waterston detained by police while protesting in D.C.
Mick Mulvaney seems to not understand Quid Pro Quo, so let’s start him back with some pig Latin: ouay areay uckedfay. - Bette Midler
Hillary Outs Tulsi Gabbard
Hillary Clinton appeared to suggest that Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) is the “favorite of the Russians” to win the 2020 presidential election and is being groomed by Moscow to run as a third-party candidate against the eventual Democratic nominee.
Clearly, Tulsi made a big mistake not running in the Republican primary, where her fan base is. - David Frum
- GOP lawmaker responds to Mulvaney: 'Are we trying to exculpate Russia?'
- Sean Hannity Ruins 'Dumb' Mick Mulvaney After Quid Pro Presser: He Doesn't Know What He's Talking About
- White House Press Secretary on Disaster Mulvaney Presser That Had to Be Walked Back: 'He Did a Great Job'
- Napolitano on Doral G7: ‘As Direct and Profound a Violation of the Emoluments Clause As One Could Create’
- Dan Abrams Warns: Trump's Impeachment Jurors Will Be GOP Senators He's Angering Now
- First Republican calls for Rick Perry to answer House subpoena
- Richard Painter Goes Off on Trump Officials' Gov't Spending: 'A Great Big Middle Finger Up to the American People'
- Megyn Kelly Return Draws Whopping 4 Million Viewers to Tucker Carlson in Wednesday Night Ratings
- College Stopped Students From Reporting on George W. Bush Speech Unless They Sent Articles To Him For Review
- New Jersey school district proposes banning students with lunch debt from field trips, prom
- Gen. Mattis Savagely Roasts Trump: 'I Earned My Spurs on the Battlefield,' Trump Got His Spurs 'From the Doctor'
- Retired Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling Rips James Mattis for Trump Jokes: 'Totally Unprofessional and Uncalled For'
I’m not just an overrated general. I’m the most overrated general. I'm honored to be considered that by Donald Trump because he also called Meryl Streep an overrated actress. So I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals, and frankly that sounds pretty good to me. - General Mad Dog Mattis
Dept. of Justice Caught Cheating by a Judge
The Department of Justice improperly redacted a court filing related to the Mueller investigation and must reveal the names of two individuals who figured prominently in the probe, a federal judge in Washington ruled on Thursday.
Please tell me again how a bunch of lifelong Republicans in the FBI colluded with Russia and Hillary to lose her own election so that Trump could win so that then the deep state could take him down and proof of the whole plot is hidden in a server in Ukraine, because derpity derp. - Jeff Tiedrich
Rock The Voter News
- Schiff says Mulvaney walk-back not 'the least bit credible'
- CNN Analyst April Ryan Withdraws From Moderating Fundraiser For Mayor Pete
- Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren slammed Mark Zuckerberg speech
- What Hunter Biden did on the board of Ukrainian energy company
- Rep. Elijah Cummings signed subpoenas hours before death
Nancy Pelosi told Trump, “All roads lead to Putin.” So, there’s an infrastructure plan after all. - Stephen Colbert
The Straw Graspers
An attorney representing President Trump's reelection campaign sent a letter to CNN on Friday threatening to sue the network over purported allegations of bias against the president.
Trump attorney Charles Harder wrote to CNN President Jeff Zucker warning that the Trump campaign intends to seek damages from the network based on secretly recorded videos posted in recent days by the right-wing group Project Veritas.
Impeaching Trump and throwing him the fuck out of office and into prison would be the best way to honor Elijah Cummings, I'm just saying. - Jeff Tiedrich
- Mysterious traders may have made $3.5 billion off stock bets timed to Trump's trade-war comments
- Sallie Mae flies more than 100 employees to Hawaii to celebrate $5 billion in sales while student debt crisis tops $1.6 trillion
- Lampert helps bankroll Sears as woes persist after bankruptcy - sources
- Zuckerberg defends Facebook's 'free expression' in face of Washington hostility
America is a Christian Nation and that's why we vote to help the poor and let private charities bail out Wall Street. - John Fugelsang
Step Right Up To Today's Reality Movie
The Justice Department and Roger Stone’s attorneys remain in a standoff over whether jurors should be shown a clip from “The Godfather, Part II” during the longtime Donald Trump associate’s upcoming trial.
At issue is a four-minute scene from the 1974 movie in which a character named Frank Pentangeli backtracks from giving Congress damning testimony about the Corleone crime family.
Trump Orders Every G7 Leader To Buy Shoes From Ivanka. - Andy Borowitz