The last couple of days in the news have focused, in no small part, on a whistleblower complaint that reportedly concerned a troubling “promise” that President Donald Trump made to a foreign leader. The Washington Post was the first to the story on Wednesday, and they advanced it on Thursday by saying that the complaint involves Ukraine. Now, on the heels of a Rudy Giuliani roller coaster to remember, the Daily Beast is reporting on Friday that a “senior adviser to [Ukraine’s] interior minister” said Ukraine is ready to investigate Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden if the Trump Administration makes an “official request.”
No one could have predicted that the guy who literally asked Russia to interfere in 2016 and GOT AWAY WITH IT would literally ask Ukraine to interfere in 2020 BECAUSE FOR F-CK'S SAKE WHY WOULDN'T HE SINCE HE WASN'T HELD ACCOUNTABLE THE FIRST TIME, I mean this isn't rocket science. - Jeff Tiedrich
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Ukrainian Official: We’re Ready to Investigate Biden’s Son—if Trump Asks Officially
- MUST WATCH: Giuliani Says He Asked Ukraine to Probe Biden Seconds After Denying it in Trainwreck CNN Interview
- U.S. to return about $100 million to the Treasury for an Afghanistan project due to a lack of transparency
- Trump announces 'highest sanctions ever' targeting Iran's central bank
- Officer who guarded El Chapo's wife arrested in drug sting
The president asked a foreign power to help him win an election.
Again. - Hillary Clinton
Thank You All!
Hundreds of thousands of protesters — from Australia to Thailand to London — joined Global Climate Strike marches and rallies worldwide Friday to express their concern about climate change.
While supporters of all ages are turning out, the day was billed as a walkout by high school students to call on world leaders to step up their efforts against carbon emissions and other environmental issues.
I'd Rather Know What Dan Coats Knows and When He Knew It
Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) called on acting Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Joseph Maguire on Friday to release the contents of a whistleblower complaint centering on President Trump's contact with a foreign leader to Congress.
It’s f-cking amazing that trump sat there talking about the importance of military restraint and not a single person thought to ask about the 30 Afghan civilians we killed in a drone strike this week. - Adam Parkhomenko
- Ed Henry, Suckered By Trump, Reports That 'Miles of New Wall' Are Being Built on Border
- ‘No One Is Above the Law’: Legal Experts Respond to Trump Claim That No One Can Criminally Investigate Him
- Tucker Carlson: Justin Trudeau Acts So Sanctimonious Because He's Living 'Secret Life as a Racist'
- Reporter Confronts Trump Over Mexico Not Paying for Wall: ‘Do You Feel Like You’ve Kept That Promise?’
- Spicer puts his 'Dancing with the Stars' puffy neon green shirt up for charity auction
- Trump trolls de Blasio after mayor's withdrawal from presidential race
- President Trump praises rollout of Speaker Pelosi's drug pricing bill after Senate Majority Leader McConnell rejects the measure.
Australian journalist turns to me after Oval Office press avail: “Is it always like this?” - Vivian Salama, Wall Street Journal
Trump Threatens Universities' Funding Over Religion. Wait? What?
The Trump administration is pressuring the University of North Carolina and Duke University to revise their joint Middle East studies program or risk federal funding.
The Education Department wrote in an Aug. 29 letter to the Duke-UNC Consortium for Middle East Studies that the program disproportionately portrays "the positive aspects of Islam."
Remember when John Bolton said he would have his say ‘in due course’? Right about now would be good...- Susan Glasser
Instead of abandoning a sinking ship, the rats of the Republican Party are putting on little sailor hats and convincing themselves that their mentally unstable captain can keep it afloat. - Middle Age Riot
Rock The Voter News
- Mayor Pete Takes Aim at Elizabeth Warren: Her Answer on Health Care Plan Was 'Extremely Evasive'
- Yang predicts Trump's nickname for him
- Kamala Harris doubles staff, more than doubles offices in Iowa
- Working Families Party Staffers Face Harassment After Warren Endorsement
- Iowa Dems pitch holding caucuses in factories, group homes
“If the President has done what has been alleged, then he is stepping into a dangerous minefield with serious repercussions for his Administration and our democracy.” - Speaker Pelosi
Walmart Stops Selling E-Cigarettes, But Guns Are Still Readily Available!
Walmart, America's largest retailer, said Friday it will stop selling e-cigarettes as the number of deaths tied to vaping grows.
"Given the growing federal, state and local regulatory complexity and uncertainty regarding e-cigarettes, we plan to discontinue the sale of electronic nicotine delivery products at all Walmart and Sam's Club U.S. locations...
We’re going to ban military-style assault rifles in Canada. - Justin Trudeau
- Trump: I don't need a China trade deal before the 2020 election
- Top Commerce trade official resigns
- If Trump hikes tariffs on China to 100% the stock market could crater: top strategist
- Dozens of people charged for illegally distributing millions of opioid pills
The president is a mob boss. He’s always been a mob boss. Did anyone think extortion was going to be somehow off limits now that he’s president? - Claude Taylor
Attorneys General: Start Your Engines!
A coalition of state attorneys general are suing the Trump administration over the federal government's decision to revoke California's authority to set vehicle emission standards, granted under the Obama administration.
In a press release announcing the lawsuit on Friday, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra (D) announced that the 24 states involved would challenge the joint decision from the Department of Transportation and Environmental Protection Agency to revoke California's waiver, under which the state adopted tighter emissions standards than the federal government.
The latest charge against Mrs. Clinton was reported by Fox host Sean Hannity, who said that the evidence of her role in the Lincoln assassination came mainly in the form of e-mails. - Andy Borowitz