The State Department has yet to spend any of the $120 million allocated to it in order to address foreign efforts to interfere in U.S. elections, The New York Times reported on Sunday.
Because of the lack of spending, the Global Engagement Center, which is responsible for addressing Russia’s disinformation efforts, does not have a single Russian-speaking analyst, according to the Times.
Tillerson ignoring Russian Cyberwarfare is akin to waving a white flag of surrender. Frightening.
It's like America's a bus and an 71 year old narcissist speed addict is maniacally driving and we're all staring at each other because 30% of the passengers like how his driving upsets the rest of us. - John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- British ex-spy reveals Kremlin blocked Trump from naming Mitt Romney as secretary of state: report
- Cybersecurity veteran says Trump could ‘fry their computers’ — but he refuses to stop Russian trolls
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un meets South Korean envoys
- Netanyahu Meets Trump in DC as Investigators Close In On Both of Them
- Trump claims he reduced cost of Jerusalem embassy from $1 billion to $250,000
- Florida students say hero teacher was really a 'coward' who left them to die
It is now 17 days since Mueller’s criminal indictments against Russians for interfering in our democracy. And 4 days since Putin bragged about his nuclear capabilities using a video simulating hitting Florida. Why isn’t Trump doing anything-and Congress why are you allowing this?! - Amy Siskind
From behind bars in a sweltering immigration detention center in Bangkok, a self-styled "sex coach" who claims to have detailed insider knowledge of Russian meddling in the US election says she wants to cooperate with US investigators.
The catch? She says the US government needs to grant her political asylum.
As folks catch up on the news of YouTube temporarily suspending the account of Infowars’ Jerome Corsi for false smears against survivors of a school schooling, re-familiarize yourself with the role he played in 2004 in falsely smearing the military service of John Kerry. - Jake Tapper
Florida State Senator Seems To Blame God For Not Answering Thoughts & Prayers
A Florida state senator said the only thing that is going to stop “the evil” behind mass shootings is to send “thoughts and prayers."
During a debate on a proposed assault weapons ban in the Florida legislature on Saturday, state Sen. Kelli Stargel (R) said she finds it offensive when people tell her that the kind words are not enough to stop mass shootings.
Disgusted Robert Mueller Eats 2 20-Piece Chicken McNugget Meals In One Sitting In Attempt To Get Into Trump’s Mind. - The Onion
- ‘Bigger than Watergate!’ Trump launches furious Twitter rant accusing Obama of election meddling
- Trump poised to sign new tariffs | Dodd-Frank rollback bill set for Senate vote
- Action on guns and immigration screeches to a halt in Congress
- Congress takes up banking reform as gun debate stalls
- NYT: Carson considered leaving HUD over Department budget negotiations
- Rudy Giuliani's tasteless Hillary joke
- Trump attorney Michael Cohen fumed about not getting a quick reimbursement for Stormy Daniels payout: report
- Georgia GOP official shares video claiming Parkland students ‘rehearsed’ massacre before ‘fake shooting’
It appears Melania may have come to US on an “Einstein visa,” for those w/extraordinary ability. Well, who else could put up with his sh*t? - Bette Midler
Jeezus, Trump Is Using The Presidential Seal For Golf Tees.
In recent weeks, the Trump Organization has ordered the manufacture of new tee markers for golf courses that are emblazoned with the seal of the President of the United States. Under federal law, the seal’s use is permitted only for official government business. Misuse can be a crime.
Having Trump as president is like tapping the drunkest guy at the party to be the designated driver. - Stephen King
PROPOSAL: Rebrand shootings as "late-term abortion." Watch the GOP scramble to stop them. - goldengateblond
Rock The Voter News
- Why yes, Claire Underwood is wearing a very Hillary Clinton pantsuit in the first "House of Cards" teaser
- Obama Foundation Announces Master's Degree Program
- In the messaging shootout, teens are beating the NRA
Hey, kids—the House and Senate aren’t going to do anything about guns. Neither is the president, a morally vacant boob who will say anything. We have to do it ourselves. Get as many NRA sweethearts as possible out in November. We can do this. - Stephen King
Senate Turtle Choked Obama On Russian Interference
Former White House chief of staff Denis McDonough on Sunday defended the Obama administration's response to suspected Russian interference in the 2016 election, blaming Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell for what he called a "dramatically watered down" joint statement on election security in September 2016.
- President Trump on tariffs and trade: "No, we're not backing down."
- Trump: Planned steel, aluminum tariffs will go away if there is a new NAFTA deal
- ‘A very dangerous moment’: Pro-Trump economist fears president’s impulsive trade war will spiral out of control
- NASA Looking at Ways to Commercialize International Space Station
- Humiliation: Watch Trump’s name get torn off Panama hotel amid feud with owners
- Trump Organization ousted from Panama luxury tower in ownership dispute: report
Health Insurance CEO Reveals Key To Company’s Success Is Not Paying For Customers’ Medical Care. - The Onion
Rex Tillerson's Long Slick Fingers
If you live in a city or county that sues oil companies over climate change, prepare for a blowback. ExxonMobil and other fossil fuel giants are taking legal action against such local governments, seeking to undermine a key part of their finances — their relationship with lenders.
Brad Pitt Sidelined 6 To 8 Weeks With Red Carpet Toe - The Onion