John Dowd resigned Thursday as President Donald Trump's lead attorney in the special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
"I love the president and wish him well," Dowd told NBC News.
Establishing relationships with friendly foreign leaders is important for Trump right now, because he needs to build a network of countries he can flee to when the time comes.- Jimmy Kimmel
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Police fired 20 times at South Sacramento man fatally shot while holding a cellphone
- Austin bomber left behind a confession, but it doesn't say why he did it
- GOP lawmaker insists ‘disturbed young man’ who terrorized Austin wasn’t a terrorist
- John Bolton praises ‘new era of freedom’ under Putin in bizarre propaganda video for Russian gun group
When asked today if the Russian election was free and fair, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, quote, "We're focused on our elections. We don't get to dictate how other countries operate." "Ha, ha! Good one," said Iraq.- Seth Myers
|Trolling, trolling, trolling down the river...|
U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin called for a hearing Wednesday as new cases emerged of Russian Twitter trolls using racially charged incidents to foment tension in Wisconsin and around the country.
The news events spread by fake Russian accounts on social media ranged from the 2015 police shooting of a Madison teenager to a case days before the 2016 presidential election in which a fan at a University of Wisconsin Badgers game came dressed as then President Barack Obama with a noose around his neck.
Speaking of Trump's lawyers, Trump has hired a new attorney for his defense team. Trump's newest legal counsel is a man named Joseph diGenova, who has frequently and vocally pushed the conspiracy theory that the FBI is plotting to frame the president. Now, I personally don't think any of that is true. But let's hope so!- James Corden
- 'There's going to be a scalp over this': Trump fumes over leak about his congratulatory call to Putin
- GOP senator suggests leakers are going to hell: ‘If you dislike Trump that much… you don’t have a soul’
- ‘Simply outrageous’: Former four star general blasts Kushner as a ‘huge threat to rational foreign policy’
- ‘You helped burn down democracy, b*tch!’ Sam Bee rages against ‘bland’ Hope Hicks in epic send-off
- Kellyanne Conway close to accepting role as White House Communications Director: report
- Is she stoned?’: The internet mocks Kellyanne Conway for saying millennials should choose ice cream over drugs
- Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say
- Devin Nunes is under investigation for potential campaign finance violations
- NC GOP lawmaker said she’s a nurse -- the nursing board says she isn’t
- Trump-loving congresswoman blames Ben Carson’s $31K dining set scandal on the ‘deep state’
- Fox News employees say they’re ‘fantasizing’ about following former colleague’s ‘bombshell’ resignation
- Noam Chomsky: ‘The Republican Party is the most dangerous organization in human history’
First daughter Ivanka visited Iowa yesterday, where she visited a science facility to promote the president's infrastructure proposal. Ivanka has been getting some heat for tweeting a picture of herself dressed like Science Barbie. Just like a real Barbie, she has no scientific credentials, and the space where her heart should be is a hollow plastic shell.- Stephen Colbert
"HEY KID, WANT TO BE MY LAWYER?" - Jeff Tiedrich
Longtime Fox contributor Ralph Peters has quit the network, calling it a "propaganda machine," according to a report in What the F*ck Took You So Long Magazine. - Andy Borowitz
No Government Shutdown! But A $1.3 Trillion Spending Spree!
The House easily passed a $1.3 trillion spending package on Thursday, sending legislation to the Senate that would prevent a shutdown and deliver the largest federal spending increase in years.
Lawmakers approved the bill in a 256-167 vote on Thursday, with majorities in each caucus backing the measure. Ninety Republicans and 77 Democrats voted against the bill.
A former Playboy Playmate named Karen McDougal says she had an affair with Trump and now she's suing him. You know things are crazy when you hear the president is being sued by a porn star and people go, "Which one?" - Jimmy Fallon
Wow, when I read about Trump's plan to execute drug dealers today, I said to myself "Today he became the president." Of the Philippines. - Bill Maher
In less than 16 months we went from a President who embraced Joe Biden and threatened Russia to a man who embraces Russia and threatens Joe Biden...
Lord. - Tony Posnanski
Rock The Voter News
- Barack Obama gets spine-tingling Kiwi welcome
- No, Joe Biden is not running for president with Barack Obama as his vice president
- Biden meets with 'Blue Collar' Democrats on the Hill
“When I announced yesterday that I’m running for gov, one of Cuomo’s top surrogates dismissed me as an “unqualified lesbian.” It’s true that I never received my certificate from the Department of Lesbian Affairs, though in my defense there’s a lot of paperwork required.” - Cynthia Nixon, fabulous actress turned candidate for governor of New York
The Obamas Send Letter Of Support To Parkland Students
Ahead of the March For Our Lives demonstration in Washington, D.C. on March 24, former president Barack Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama wrote a letter to the students who survived February's mass shooting in Parkland, Fla.
China is pressuring Washington not to impose big tariffs on its steel. You can tell China’s playing hardball because today they said, “Remember – we have your new iPhones.”- Conan O'Brien
While I am in favor of Stormy Daniels appearing on 60 Minutes, I am deeply concerned about the human cost of millions of people hearing descriptions of Donald Trump having sex.- Andy Borowitz
- Trump to impose tariffs on $50 billion in Chinese imports: White House
- Suspending Cambridge Analytica and SCL Group from Facebook | Facebook Newsroom
- YouTube Will 'Frustrate' Some Users With Ads So They Pay for Music
- Saudi Crown prince said he has Kushner ‘in his pocket’ after allegedly receiving sensitive information from the President’s Daily Briefing
- CEO of Bratz dolls maker leads bid to salvage hundreds of US Toys R Us stores slated for closure
- The founder of Toys “R” Us has passed away after the company he built announced it would close all of its U.S. stores
- House panel calls for Zuckerberg to testify
Just tried deactivating my Facebook account and Putin sent me a DM with a sad face emoji. What the f*ck?! - Michael Blackman
Why Does Jared Still Work At The White House?
A New York City regulator is investigating 13 buildings controlled by a company formerly run by Jared Kushner, a top aide to U.S. President Donald Trump and his son-in-law, over possible "illegal activity" related to work permits, according to public filings.
Heterosexuals are the leading manufacturer of gay people, marriage is the leading cause of divorce & religion is the top creator of atheists. - John Fugelsang