Former Trump campaign aide Rick Gates pleaded guilty Friday to conspiracy and to lying to investigators — even while he was negotiating a deal with special counsel Robert Mueller. Soon after, Mueller slapped Gates's business partner, former Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort, with new charges.
As the CPAC crowd chants “Lock her up!” over and over, former top Trump campaign aide Rick Gates is pleading guilty and signaling that he is cooperating in the Mueller investigation. - Matt Viser
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump administration to announce new sanctions on North Korea
- Ivanka Trump Meets South Korean Leader
- Trump Jr.'s Foreign Policy Speech in India Boosts Concerns
- Pakistan to Be Placed Back on Terror-Financing List, Source Says
- Palestinians angry at reports of early US Embassy move to Jerusalem
- Putin's Chef Ordered Russian Mercenaries to Attack US Troops in Syria, Report Claims
- Cocaine seized at Russian Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Republican mega-donor Sheldon Adelson offers to help pay for Jerusalem embassy: report
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services Will Remove “Nation of Immigrants” From Mission Statement
- Utah teacher shoots herself in the leg while at school
- Florida inmate screams and thrashes at his execution
I'm starting a gofundme to allot a certain chunk of American space to create the new libertarian fantasy land of Whitetopia where DT can rule for ever & his fans can hate the rest of America from within their own borders. - John Fugelsang
Trump Seeks Gun Violence Advice From Sons
President Trump consulted with his adult sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, over Presidents Day weekend about how to address gun violence in the U.S. following the deadly high school shooting in Florida.
"I was in Vietnam." Strangest sentence Trump has ever spoken. Just now at CPAC. - Lawrence O'Donnell
Donald Trump tweeted about Ivanka being in South Korea saying “we cannot have a better, or smarter, person representing our country.” We do have a better, smarter person... and his name is Dennis Rodman. - Chelsea Handler
- ‘He works for nothing!’ Trump launches rambling defense of Jared Kushner amid security clearance scrutiny
- Joy Behar rips Trump for branding Parkland school cop a ‘coward’: ‘You think he’d have gone into that building?’
- Arizona GOP candidate compares Parkland survivors to Hitler — then asks reporter to put him in touch with teens
- Trump Appears To Read From The NRA's Script Hours After The Gun Lobby Chief's Speech
- 'Simpsons' Showrunner Fires Back at Ted Cruz for Using Show Reference at CPAC
- Florida governor bucks NRA on age restrictions in new gun proposal
- Oklahoma Republican: No Jewish or Muslim Chaplains Allowed
- Fla. lawmakers advance bill that requires 'In God We Trust' to be displayed in schools
- Televangelist Benny Hinn admits he was wrong about the prosperity gospel: ‘Did Jesus live in a mansion?’
- Eric Greitens: Republican governor charged over allegations he blackmailed former mistress with nude photographs
Three prominent Republicans have been indicted since CPAC started chanting “lock her up” a few hours ago. - Josh Schwerin
Broward County Sheriff's Dept Guarding Deputy
Sheriff’s deputies are now guarding the home of Scott Peterson, the armed school resource officer who hid outside as 17 students were massacred inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida.
I know this point of emphasis is going around, but I want to make clear I place zero blame on the armed guard. it's not his job to wage war w/ an AR-15 mad man - Eric Boehlert
I know countless girls who were sexually harassed (or worse) by male teachers and coaches. It’s a terrifying experience as it is. Imagine if those teachers and coaches also had guns. - OhNoSheTwint
Rock The Voter News
- Anticipation, and restrictions, high for Barack Obama panel at Sloan
- 'We've been waiting for you': Obama praises Parkland students
- Hillary Clinton Got a Standing Ovation While Dining at Upland
So @realDonaldTrump, who lied for 5 years that the 1st black president wasn't really born here, then capped off that lie with a lie that Hillary Clinton told the lie first, is complaining about Fake News. - John Fugelsang
Wow. Someone Needs To Make A Republican Soap Opera -- As The Scandals Turn
A woman whose affair with a Pennsylvania congressman led to his resignation — and who's pursuing her own run for the U.S. House — is accused of threatening to kill her husband...Shannon Edwards is seeking the Republican nomination to take on Democratic Rep. Mike Doyle.
Republican Rep. Tim Murphy, an opponent of abortion rights, resigned in October after text messages obtained by The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette suggested he wanted Edwards to get an abortion when they thought she might be pregnant.
We have notified the NRA that we are ending the NRA’s rental car discount program with Hertz. - Hertz Tweet
- Oil Prices Rise, Building on Gains After Drop in Crude Stockpiles
- Mnuchin: Companies that work with North Korea won't be able to do business with US
- US firm accused of plagiarizing bid for Puerto Rico food supply contract
- 'The Death Belt': Paul Krugman explains how red states' hatred of regulation is killing their own citizens
If guns don’t kill people, people kill people, why do the teachers need guns? - Kumail Nanjiani
When Wallets Are More Powerful Than Guns
Several businesses with ties to the National Rifle Association are breaking up with the group amid mounting pressure from gun-control proponents following the Parkland, Fla. school shooting.
New Study Finds Majority Of God’s Blessings Burn Up On Entry Into Atmosphere.- The Onion
Not me, I went to work!