FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who has been attacked by President Donald Trump, stepped down Monday, multiple sources familiar with the matter told NBC News.
McCabe will remain on the FBI payroll until he is eligible to retire with full benefits in mid-March, the sources said.
Imagine the FBI seizing the Trump golf courses, hotels, Trump Tower NYC and Mar-a-Lago under the RICO act.- Eric Elder
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Eleven Afghan soldiers killed in latest attack in Kabul
- Four killed, one wounded in jealousy fueled shooting at Pennsylvania car wash
- Neo-Nazi group allegedly linked to five killings across the country
- Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny freed after being arrested during protests
- 'Incredible protest' planned for Trump visit to UK
- Donald Trump interview: 'I'm very popular in Britain. I get a lot of fan mail'
- Fitness tracking app's map reveals movement patterns on remote military bases
Set aside for a moment that Trump is a narcissistic, bad-tempered, lazy, and unprepared president, and consider this: the State of the Union is about to be given by a sexual predator who lost the popular vote by almost 3 million votes. - Stephen King
White Power In Action
Supporters of President Donald Trump singled out dark-skinned lawmakers, legislative staffers and children at the Capitol on Jan. 25 as they protested congressional efforts to pass immigration reform, according to staffers of the Arizona Legislature and two Democratic legislators.
Blessed are the shithole countries, for they gave us the American Dream.- U2 at the Grammys, uncensored
- Secret Memo Hints at a New Republican Target: Rod Rosenstein
- Republican senators urge Congress to revisit bill to protect Mueller
- Conservative Writer Says Republicans 'Sacrificed Their Honor' By Attacking FBI
- Nikki Haley rips Grammys over 'Fire and Fury' segment
- Trump's alleged affair with adult star 'not a workplace issue' – Republican senator
- Facing years of allegations, casino mogul Steve Wynn resigns from RNC
- Omarosa Goes From White House to Cast of 'Celebrity Big Brother'
- Andrea Mitchell: Nunes has turned House Intel Committee 'into a joke'
- House Intel committee could vote on Nunes memo as soon as Monday
- Melania cost taxpayers nearly $700,000 in three months for travel — a third of what Michelle spent in 8 years
Leave it to Devin Nunes to expose that one of Trump's own appointees -- a lifelong Republican, Federalist Society member, and former Ken Starr assistant -- found probable cause that a Trump campaign staffer was an agent of a foreign power. Well done, sir. - Matthew Miller
“Keep politics out of music” is a fun way to say, “I want to benefit from your experiences without having to consider the tragedy behind how you got them.” - Mike Drucker
When Tacky & Grade School Art Meet: She Wore A Fetus Dress To The Grammys
Singer Joy Villa, who last year made headlines by wearing a “Make America Great Again” dress to the Grammy Awards, arrived at this year’s event wearing an anti-abortion dress.
Villa wore a white dress with a depiction of a fetus surrounded by a rainbow, and carried a handbag that read “Choose Life."
Nixon on Watergate in State of the Union, 44 years ago tomorrow night: "I believe the time has come to bring that investigation and the other investigations of this matter to an end. One year of Watergate is enough!"
Silence from Trump after last night’s Grammys. They must’ve taken him down with a horse tranquilizer and tossed his phone in the Potomac. - Rex Huppke
Rock The Voter News
- Hillary Clinton reads from 'Fire and Fury' at Grammys
- Hillary Clinton: accusations against adviser were 'taken seriously'
- Michelle Obama to appear on Ellen DeGeneres show
Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Skip State of Union: 'I'm Not Going to Watch That Shit Show' - Andy Borowitz
This Is Why We Have A Crappy Train System
In the days before Amtrak 501 careened off the tracks last month in a deadly crash, engineers and conductors warned their supervisors that they did not feel adequately trained on the new route, according to more than a dozen sources.
Trump hasn’t tweeted about Hillary at the Grammys yet so whoever they have in charge of jangling a set of keys to distract him today is doing a great job. - OhNoSheTwint
- VW faces inquiry call over diesel fumes test on monkeys
- Fallout continues over Steve Wynn sexual misconduct allegations
- Axios: Trump admin mulling nationalization of 5G network
- Employees fired after photos of unwrapped meat being transported in shopping carts go viral
BREAKING: Stormy Daniels to Give Official Porn Response to State of the Union Address. - Andy Borowitz
|I love chain gangs too!|
The general counsel of Koch Industries reportedly said Attorney General Jeff Sessions “is totally on board” with the Trump administration's plans to reform America's prison system.
Russian Sanctions Loophole
As the Trump administration slaps fresh sanctions on Russian energy companies, a cargo of Russian gas is set to power homes near Boston.
A tanker of liquefied natural gas from a Russian company on the Treasury Department’s sanctions list is scheduled to unload the fuel this weekend, making it the first shipment of gas from the country to ever reach the United States.
In space, no one needs a bra. - Randi Mayem Singer