The White House announced late Thursday that it would no longer reimburse insurers for lowering costs for customers under the Affordable Care Act, a decision Democrats condemned as "spiteful."
President Donald Trump had indicated he was considering cutting off the payments in order to increase pressure on lawmakers to repeal the ACA, also known as Obamacare.
Welcome to Trump's America, where Nazis roam the streets in packs, minorities are oppressed for free speech and the poor die uninsured. - Tea Pain
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam Trump
- Trump announces combative new approach to Iran
- Death toll rises to 31, more victims identified in deadly Northern California fires
- Red Cross sends 1st plague treatment center to Madagascar
- Miss Russia says sexual harassment doesn't happen in her country because of Vladimir Putin
- Manafort Had $60 Million Relationship With a Russian Oligarch
- FBI document cache sheds light on inner workings of Russia’s U.S. news (and propaganda) network
- Trump Makes Nice, Says He ‘Will Always Be With’ People of Puerto Rico
After the Iran deal we actually saw Iranians waving the US flag in their streets.
DT has a bold plan to make 'em start burning it again. - John Fugelsang
Meanwhile the president’s inexplicable battle with Puerto Rico rages on. Trump fired off a trio of early-morning tweets saying Puerto Rico’s infrastructure was a disaster before Hurricane Maria, blaming them for their own financial problems, and warning that the government won’t be there to help them indefinitely. And also, those paper towels? He wants those back. - Jimmy Kimmel
Republicans Are Cold Hearted "Christians"
Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Thursday that Puerto Rico is facing a “humanitarian crisis” and argued that the federal government has a responsibility to provide personnel and aid to the hurricane-ravaged island territory.
But Ryan also appeared to defend controversial remarks by President Trump that federal resources cannot remain in Puerto Rico “forever,” saying the territory needs to get back "on its own two feet." The president did not make similar comments about two other regions that have been slammed by hurricanes, Houston and south Florida.
Following the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, President Trump tweeted this morning that the White House cannot keep FEMA, the military, and first responders in Puerto Rico forever. Forever? It’s been three weeks! That’s like saying you worked with Scaramucci forever. - Seth Myers
Trump has proven he's willing to kill millions of Americans to remove one black man's legacy. Trump deserves the fate that awaits him. Tea Pain
- Trump Tells Conservative Christian Audience: Times ‘Are Changing Back’
- Trump becomes first sitting president to address anti-LGBT event
- The US Secret Service paid Pres. Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club at least $63K in the span of a few months
- Interior Sec Zinke requires staffer to fly a special flag when he enters HQ — & military officials are flummoxed
- Trump says he met with the president of the Virgin Islands, which is... Trump
- Top Bush aide to GOP: "It’s time to panic"
For the last 24 hours, Donald Trump has been the president of busy town. This morning, he signed an executive order to get rid of some key provisions of Obamacare. For instance, the care part.- Stephen Colbert
MSNBC host Joe Scarborough announced in a tweet on Thursday that he had officially registered as an independent, roughly three months after he said he was leaving the Republican Party.
"I became an independent today. Here I am holding a copy of Donald Trump's birth certificate, proving he was born in Nambia," Scarborough tweeted.
Obamacare combines two things Trump hates: Obama and the verb "to care." -Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- At first Obama Foundation program, a focus on the city's youths
- Chance, Gloria Estefan to headline Obama Foundation concert
- Hillary Clinton in talks with Columbia University to take on professor role
Trump And His Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
A close associate of Donald Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn arranged a covert investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server when she was secretary of state, and through intermediaries turned to a person with knowledge of the “dark web” for help.
During the press briefing today, John Kelly said that President Trump’s tweets don’t make his job more difficult. Really? Because they’re making mine impossible. Do you have any idea what I would give to be making a Hillary Clinton pantsuit joke right now? - Seth Myers
- Twitter deleted data that may be important in Russia probe: report
- Equifax says code on its website 'was serving malicious content'
- Tesla Fires Hundreds of Workers After Their Annual Performance Review
- Ford offers free repairs to prevent exhaust leaks in 1.4 million Explorers
When you praise a news network run by a sex predator that employs sex predators & promoted a sex predator for Pres, your "values" are clear. - Tea Pain
GOP State Rep: Journalists Need Police Licenses!!!
Indiana State Rep. Jim Lucas has drafted legislation that would require professional journalists to be licensed by police.
The Republican lawmaker is taking aim at journalists for what he says is “irresponsible” coverage, proposing that they are fingerprinted and licensed to practice.
Bush Feeling Better About His Intelligence Every Day. - Andy Borowitz
I finally got an edition up!
My Internet has been loopy since Tropical Storm Nate hit on Oct. 3.
Thank you for your patience.