At first, it just sounded like fireworks.
The Sunday headliner, Jason Aldean, had taken the stage not 30 minutes before, and it seemed natural that on the final night of Las Vegas' three-day Route 91 Harvest music festival there would be some pyrotechnics. Even Aldean stayed on stage as the first loud bursts rang out above the crowd of some 22,000 people.
I am fearful of copycats.
In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate. Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over. - Dan Hodges
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- ISIS Takes Credit for Las Vegas Attack and Claims Shooter Converted to Islam — Provides No Evidence
- 'Hardcore': Las Vegas shooter 'in hotel room next door', says Australian man Brian Hodge
- Las Vegas gun laws: Open carry, machine guns legal
- In 1996, Australia Enacted Strict Gun Laws. It Hasn't Had a Mass Shooting Since.
- Marseille knife attacker had given cops 7 fake IDs
- Russian firm provides new internet connection to North Korea
- A North Korean ship was seized off Egypt with a huge cache of weapons destined for a surprising buyer
- Trump contradicts Tillerson on North Korea, the latest in a series of put-downs
After 2 million years of evolution, the survival of our entire species now depends on two of the worst people in the world. - Mikel Jollett
Whew. I'm Glad The USA Hasn't Gone Full Nazi.
A majority of Americans say that the protests by NFL players during the national anthem are appropriate, according to a USA Today/Suffolk University poll published on Monday.
The poll found that 51 percent of those surveyed said the players' protests were appropriate while 42 percent said they were inappropriate.
Per WH press pool, as Trump dedicated a golf trophy to hurricane hit areas, someone yelled "You don't give a sh*t about Puerto Rico!" - Eric Schmeltzer
- Internet pounds NRA’s silence after Las Vegas massacre: ‘They have to clean the blood off their hands first’
- Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses
- Trump Supported Obama's Sandy Hook Massacre Response Calling for Gun Control
- Trump's weekend Twitter tirade was appalling — and dangerous
- On Twitter, Trump attacks mayor of San Juan for 'poor leadership' amid deepening crisis
- Trump dedicates golf trophy to hurricane victims
- Civil rights icon Dolores Huerta: Trump and his friends have ‘taken off the hood’ and we can see their faces
- Twitter's Russia investigation should look at Trump's historic interactions with bots
Unless your THOUGHTS are about gun control or your PRAYERS are that we legislate sane gun control, they’re worthless today. - John Leguizamo
Geraldo Rivera Doesn't Think People Are Dying In Puerto Rico
...“But are people dying?” Rivera interrupted. “I’ve been traveling around, I don’t see people dying. I spoke to the doctors, they say they saw 53 patients and they had a person who was septic, but nobody dying.”
“Dying is a continuum,” Cruz was forced to explain. “If you don’t get fed for seven, eight days and you’re a child, you are dying. If you have 11 people — like we took out of a nursing home — severely dehydrated, you are dying.”
I want gun control. I want Puerto Rico to have what it needs. I want children to have health insurance. I want something better than this. - Clint Smith
ABC Host Chokes Up
Monday massacre in Las Vegas that left more than 50 dead and over 400 injured caused ABC host Robin Roberts to choke up during a live broadcast.
On an extended edition of Good Morning America, Roberts and co-host George Stephanopoulos spoke to a mother who narrowly escaped death in the shooting.
The woman explained that she saw men die as they effectively became human shields for their loved ones.
Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock was NOT a “lone wolf”, he was NOT “mentally ill”, he was a TERRORIST. End white privilege today. - David Letterman
Pundits on CNN talking about security checks at hotels, restricting open air public events. Here's an idea: ban massive assault weapons. - John Niven
It was placed outside the United Nations headquarters in New York and Kofi Annan, the UN Secretary General and Nobel Peace Laureate, said:
“The sculpture Non-Violence has not only endowed the United Nations with a cherished work of art; it has enriched the consciousness of humanity with a powerful symbol that encapsulates, in a few simple curves, the greatest prayer of man; that which asks not for victory, but for peace.”
Rock The Voter News
- The Sandy Hook senator has a blunt message: 'It's time for Congress to get off its ass and do something'
- Obama sends prayers to Las Vegas victims and condemns 'senseless tragedy'
- Hillary Clinton slams NRA, gun silencer bill in wake of Las Vegas shooting
- Hillary Clinton to receive honorary doctorate from Swansea University
- Bruno Mars gifted Michelle Obama a one-of-a-kind jersey at his DC concert
On A Much Needed Lighter Note
Prince Harry and Barack Obama looked like the oldest friends in the world - just look at their mirroring body language and the size of Obama's smile - as they sat next to each other at the Invictus Games over the weekend.
And apparently the former US President even grilled Harry about his Suits star girlfriend, Meghan Markle, once they had stopped sharing jokes, of course.
The NFL - Not a threat to America
The NRA - A threat to America
- Randi Mayhem Singer
- Gun stocks on rise after Las Vegas mass shooting
- Supreme Court opens term with fight over worker rights
- GM Plans 20 All-Electric Models by 2023
- Couple Grifts Amazon Out of $1.2 Million in Electronics
- US manufacturing activity hits 13-year high; construction spending up
Russia and the United States, with all that’s happening between us right now, have announced an agreement to team up to build a space station on the moon. Although I should say the Russians are calling it a space station; for some reason the White House keeps referring to it as a golf resort/casino. - Jimmy Kimmel
Hewlett Packard Showed Russia The Pentagon's Cyber Defense Software. What? How Is This Legal?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise allowed a Russian defense agency to review the inner workings of cyber defense software used by the Pentagon to guard its computer networks, according to Russian regulatory records and interviews with people with direct knowledge of the issue.
“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ― Abraham Lincoln
Aug. 1992, William Jefferson Clinton and Jimmy Carter work on a house with Habitat for Humanity.
Oh YAY! It's AHNC Bill Paying Time!