Former President Obama warned President Donald Trump against hiring Mike Flynn as his national security adviser, three former Obama administration officials tell NBC News.
The warning, which has not been previously reported, came less than 48 hours after the November election when the two sat down for a 90-minute conversation in the Oval Office.
New presidents often blame predecessors for various things. Trump may be first to blame his national security adviser on his predecessor. - Peter Baker NYT
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- After killing militant commander, Afghan forces push deeper into Islamic State territory
- Syrian Foreign Minister Says Damascus Supports Deal Creating 'De-Escalation Zones'
- Wife of American detained in North Korea pleads for his release
- Emmanuel Macron labelled 'psychopath who hates France' in Russian media
- Trump admin. mulls sending home 50,000 Haitians living with temporary protective immigration status
USA 2003: France sucks let's change the name of French fries to Freedom fries.
France 2017: The USA sucks let's not elect a Nazi president.
First Trudeau, Now Macron. Oh La La!
The new French president-elect was little known abroad until recently, having never before been elected to public office. Born in 1977, the former investment banker is backed by a new political movement, En Marche!
Trump said, “I’m President, can you believe it?” I did believe it before, but now that he’s said it, doesn’t that make it a lie? - Bette Midler
Here is the White House Press Release On Firing Sally Yates On January 30, 2017 - Childish Blather
- Yates says she warned White House Flynn could be 'blackmailed'
- Trump hurls accusations against Sally Yates hours ahead of her Senate testimony on Russia
- Former CIA agent mocks Trump’s Sally Yates tweets: ‘The president is a little confused this morning’
- ‘The president is threatening a witness’: CNN analyst slams Trump’s ‘disturbing’ Sally Yates tweets
- Page accuses Senate of holding "show trial" on Russia in bizarre 9-page letter
- Trump administration heading to court Monday to defend amended travel ban
- White House Proposes Cutting Drug Control Office Funding by 95%
- ‘Every word is a lie’: Paul Krugman says Trumpcare is ‘designed to do exactly opposite’ what GOP promises
- Texas governor abruptly goes on Facebook Live to boast he signed bill to ban ‘sanctuary cities’
- Eric Trump Denies Story That Russians Funded $100 Million Golf Course Project
- Jared Kushner's family apologizes for mentioning him during Chinese investment conference
- Visa program touted by Kushners has fraught political history
Scientists? We Don't Need No Scientists!
The Environmental Protection Agency dismissed a number of scientists on a key review board Friday, and a spokesperson for the agency discussed the possibility that it would replace them with representatives of the industries the agency regulates.
Imagine the NYT doing this for Obama, or President Hillary
Democrats are calling for the new Republican healthcare bill to be called “Trumpcare.” Experts say that’s the first time the words “Trump” and “care” have ever been said together. - Jimmy Fallon
From A Longtime AHNC Viewer
Our little town awoke today to the distinctive springtime aroma of horse manure. But this morning’s stench came not from our Amish neighbors fertilizing their fields; it came from your vote in favor of the American Health Care Act.
The Washington Post offered some vivid and appropriate descriptions of the AHCA. In various articles, it was described as “wrong,” “problematic,” “misguided,” “foolish,” “an abomination,” “malicious,” “hypocritical,” “careless,” “reckless,” “tragic,” “disgraceful,” “sloppy,” “half-baked,” “indifferent to human suffering,” and “an act of monstrous cruelty.”
That about sums it up.
Yet you voted for it. What were you thinking?
This is the act that is supposed to “repeal and replace” Obamacare. Yet it does neither.
This is the act that is supposed to deliver on the President’s promises:
“Insurance for everybody” – WRONG.
“No one will lose coverage” – WRONG.
“No cuts to Medicaid” – WRONG.
“Nobody will be worse off financially” – WRONG.
“Everybody’s going to be taken care of” – WRONG.
Yet you voted for it. Seriously, what were you thinking?
At least the AHCA does not provide for “death panels.” But then, it doesn’t have to: you and 216 of your fellow Republicans have decided to cast yourselves in that role. Who needs death panels when we have you?
But hey, now you can fund a tax cut for people like me! Thanks a lot. And in the immortal words of Kevin in Home Alone: “Keep the change, ya filthy animals.”
Today, Trump tweeted that the media is out of control, saying that they will do or say anything to get attention. Then he honked the horn of an 18-wheeler, posed for a picture with Kid Rock, and accused Obama of spying on him from his microwave. - Jimmy Fallon
Rock The Voter News
- Obama accepts JFK Profile in Courage Award
- FBI investigating Jane Sanders for alleged bank fraud
- Martha Stewart appears to give Donald Trump the middle finger in photo
Victory for Macron, for France, the EU, & the world.
Defeat to those interfering w/democracy. (But the media says I can't talk about that) - Hillary Clinton
The Losers Of The Civil War Continue To Cause Problems
A divisive statue of Confederate military leader Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard won't go down without a legal fight.. Longtime resident Richard Marksbury is suing New Orleans and seeking a temporary restraining order to prevent the city from ..
- Oil struggles to rally as exporters talk up output-cut extensions
- Euro hits a six-month high after Emmanuel Macron's French presidential victory
- John Oliver crashes FCC site
- Why Republicans Want to Make Women Pay More Than Men for Health Insurance
House Republicans today voted on and passed an Obamacare replacement bill without knowing how much it could cost. Though I’m not surprised — they also voted on an Obama replacement without knowing the cost. - Seth Myers
Yay! The Return Of Yellow Journalism!
Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc.'s $3.9 billion deal to acquire Tribune Media Co. marks the first in what's expected to be a frenzy of media and telecom dealmaking under the looser regulatory climate of the Trump administration.
According to a new biography, former President Obama proposed to a serious girlfriend he had before he met Michelle Obama, but he paused so long she walked away. - Seth Myers
|I wish I had a car and a puppy!|