Boehner slams some GOP hard liners as 'false prophets'
House Speaker John Boehner warned Sunday against "false prophets" in his own party making unrealistic promises, saying his resignation had averted a government shutdown this week but not the GOP's broader battle over how to wield power.
Q: What's the difference between the House GOP and the unemployed?
A: The unemployed want to work.
- John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Carly Fiorina Defends Waterboarding: It 'Kept Our Nation Safe'
- Vladimir Putin points to Ferguson unrest as sign that US democracy has problems of its own
- At U.N., Obama and Putin clash over working with Syria's Assad
- Iran's Rouhani calls for 'united front' against extremists
- Hope, fear, waiting at French migrant camps run by smugglers
Carly Fiorina says waterboarding is fine, based on a video she saw about young surfers in California. - The Daily Edge
This Republican Was Once Two Heart Beats Away From The Presidency
Lawyers for indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-IL) are negotiating a possible guilty plea with federal prosecutors, The Chicago Tribune reported Monday... The indictment against Hastert alleged that he withdrew the money in order to pay out $3.5 million in hush money to an unidentified individual as compensation for "prior misconduct" against that person.
- Republican megadonor urges talk on climate change solutions
- Pope Francis says Kim Davis has a ‘human right’ to deny marriage licenses to same-sex couples
- Heritage's Needham Scolds Boehner For Denouncing The Tea Party
- Ted Cruz Slams GOP Leadership Over Boehner's Resignation
- Trump: My Taxes Are Low Because 'I Fight Like Hell' And Hire Best Lawyers
- Rubio: I Don't Want To Be A Part Of Trump's 'Freak Show'
- GOP Stands Alone as the Only Climate Change-Denying Party
Today Donald Trump said he doesn't believe in climate change. He said if there's a hole in the ozone layer, just comb some ozone from another part over it.- Conan O'Brien
Read Jebs Lips. That's The Way It Is.
Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush suggested that the wealthiest top 1 percent of Americans would receive more benefits from this tax plan than the middle class because "that's just the way it is."
While he was in Washington, the Pope gave a major speech to Congress, and asked them to accept immigrants as their own children. Then congressmen were like, "Eh, we've already got enough children our wives don't know about.”- Jimmy Fallon
Please, please sit down. Now please stand up. Now kneel. Now stand up again. Sorry, I've got Pope fever!- Jimmy Fallon
Water Found On Mars
Mars has water on its surface, and it's in liquid form at least some of the time.
NASA on Monday announced the results of a new study showing that salty liquid water flows seasonally on Mars, giving the red planet one of the essential ingredients for life.
Rock The Voter News
- Biden eligible for Democratic primary debate: if he decides to run
- Bernie Sanders' Supreme Court litmus test: Overturn Citizens United
- China angered by Hillary Clinton tweet on women's rights
What the media doesn't get is that Donald Trump is the closest millions of Americans will ever get to voting for Boss Hogg.- John Fugelsang
There was a total lunar eclipse and a super moon on Sunday, both of them at once. That has not happened since 1982, it won't happen again until 2033 — which happens be the year when Snooki is expected to be seeking the Republican nomination for president.- Jimmy Kimmel
- US stocks fall sharply on China growth worries
- Trump promises to tax U.S. corporate profits held abroad
- Jeb Bush Profited From a Hospital Stock, Thanks in Part to Obamacare
Facebook went down briefly today, which means that for several minutes all across the country, something got done.- Stephen Colbert
The GOP Business Of Defaming Planned Parenthood Hits Obstacle
Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster conducted a 30-day audit of more than 300 abortions performed by Planned Parenthood in St. Louis and found no evidence of workers selling fetal tissue obtained during the procedures.
- Loose emu recognizes owner, returns home in back of a Prius
- Belgian scientists look for biofuel clues in panda poo
- Motorist sets lighter to spider at gas station, burns pump
- Marijuana bundle drops from sky, slams into family's carport
- Police: Man throws fit at McDonald's over botched order
Time To Deflate Photo