Tensions with New York City police go beyond racial issues: commissioner
Tensions between New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and the police are rooted in issues that go beyond racial relations, the police commissioner said on Sunday, a day after the funeral of one of the two officers slain a week ago in their patrol car.
You have to sympathize with the NYPD. Believing that you are being aggressively and unfairly policed is a horrible feeling.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Taliban claims NATO 'defeat' as 13-year Afghan war draws to a close
- Bomber kills 11 Shi'ite pilgrims north of Baghdad: police
- Iran tests suicide drone in military drill
- International journalist deaths soar in 2014: press watchdog
- Palestinians to submit resolution for U.N. statehood bid
- North Korea Calls Obama ‘A Monkey’ Over ‘The Interview’
Few things are funnier than when Americans who despise America's government take time out to defend the Confederate flag.- John Fugelsang
NSA Response To FOI
Responding to a Freedom of Information lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union, the National Security Agency has reported instances when it violated individual privacy. The NSA says ‘the vast majority involve unintentional technical or human error.’
- 5 creepy Merry Christmas messages from the Right Wing
- GOP learns lessons from Sam Brownback's tax scare
- Republicans see diversity in their 2016 hopefuls
- O’Reilly: New York Mayor de Blasio ‘should resign’
The Pope is more pro-science than any Republican candidate for president. He'd be a heretic in today's GOP.- LOLGOP
Obviously, Fox Noise Is Not Strong In The Area Of Math
Fox News host Anna Kooiman speculated on Sunday that an AirAsia flight could have gone missing because international pilots were trained using the metric system.
Conservatives firmly back police union they firmly believe should not exist.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
Having to pay slightly higher taxes because you're rich is pretty much a sign you've already won.- John Fugelsang
Meanwhile, Back To Ebola
Roche Holding AG said U.S. health regulators have approved its Ebola test for emergency use in response to the world's worst outbreak of the disease in West Africa.
NYPD Commish Told Boys In Blue Not To Dis The Boss
The commissioner of the New York Police Department, Bill Bratton, has given strong backing to Bill de Blasio, denouncing the protest of rank-and-file officers who turned their back on the mayor at a weekend funeral as politicised and inappropriate.
Woman shoots up neighborhood, aims at police, but still alive thanks to the ultimate body armor-- white skin. - Top Conservative Cat
A Quick Look Back At 2014
From the rise of the Islamic State group to the truculence of Vladimir Putin, new tensions surfaced that may presage global shifts in power and prosperity in 2015.
Lots happened in 2014. The news was a daily parade of discrete events. Here are some, picked (almost) at random: Afghan opium production hit a record high, calling into question government control outside Kabul. More investment cash flowed out of China than in...
80's pop music + TV ads for life insurance = Demographic Harassment. - John Fugelsang
GOP: WE WARNED YOU THAT IF YOU RE-ELECTED OBAMA WE'D BE FORCED TO TAKE CREDIT FOR HIS ECONOMY- LOLGOP
- Oil rises to $60 per barrel, Libya fire supports
- OPEC will not cut output even at $20 a barrel: Saudi
- Saudi: Salaries will not be cut to curb spending
- Oil markets face uncertain future as OPEC targets competitors
- Russian Banks Warm to Shariah
"The U.S. is re-establishing relations with Cuba. But before President Obama can lift the embargo, it will need approval from the Republican-controlled Congress – or as Republicans who called Obama said, 'Close, but no cigar.'" –Jimmy Fallon
SONY Makes Money, Thanks North Korea.
In a landmark moment for digital movie distribution, "The Interview" has earned more than $15 million through online sales in its first four days of release.
"President Obama announced yesterday that he's pardoning 12 convicted felons. Political experts say the move could have huge implications for your fantasy football teams." –Seth Meyers
- What did ‘Back to the Future II’ get right about 2015?
- To ring in New Year, town will drop a giant nail
- Farmers say Christmas trees make great goat snacks
- Kayaker rescued on pond with Charlie Brown cutout
- Transit cops deliver baby on Philadelphia train
Time To Deflate Photo
I would love to fly over the Alatna River Valley, Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve, Alaska.