U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride
A nurse who treated Ebola patients in Sierra Leone but has tested negative for the virus ventured out of her home in Maine and took a bike ride on Thursday, defying a quarantine order and setting up a legal collision
This quarantine freakout is enough to make me wish Republicans actually believe in limited government.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Iraqi Kurd Peshmerga Enter Kobani to Aid in Fight Against Islamic State Militants
- Hundreds of Iraqi tribesmen opposed to Islamic State found in mass graves
- Tensions flare as Israeli police kill suspect in Temple Mount shooting
- Seven Ukrainian soldiers killed in past 24 hours despite ceasefire: military
- Officials say North Korea to quarantine all arriving foreigners for 21 days over Ebola fears
- China calls on Japan to end jet scrambles
Sweden recognizes Palestinian state, hopes will revive peace process
Sweden joins Malta and Cyprus, as the third European nation officially recognizing a Palestinian state. The British Parliament also voted to recognize the Palestinian state earlier this month, in a symbolic vote.
Halloween 2007 Cartoon
BREAKING: Officials say North Korea to quarantine all arriving foreigners for 21 days over Ebola fears.- Tina Dupuy
Ebola Declining In Liberia, In Case Anyone Wants To Know
Three months after declaring West Africa’s Ebola epidemic a global emergency, the World Health Organization said Wednesday that new infections in Liberia, one of the worst affected countries, appeared to be declining. But the organization also warned against complacency in international efforts to fight the disease.
- Republican Ballots Lead in Florida Early Voting
- A New Poll Soothes Republican Nerves in Wisconsin
- Pat Robertson shames terminally ill woman planning suicide for promoting liberal 'culture of death'
- Sarah Palin on CNN derision: Liberals 'want to crush us'
- North Dakota Supreme Court upholds restrictions on medication abortion
"Call it Empathy Deficit Disorder. Some Democrats have it,
but the disorder seems especially widespread among Republicans."- Robert Reich
Whitey Tighty Preservation Society
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who recently began floating the idea of running for the presidency, was caught on tape joking about how well white men would do if he won, CNN reported.
No one is more willing to stand up to hero nurses and Sandy victims than Chris Christie, you Similac-sipping beta males.- LOLGOP
If you stinkin liberals keep Chris Christie from running for president comedians will never forgive you.- John Fugelsang
Millennials Have No Memory of GOP Congress
Democrats have lost ground, but millennials view Republicans with even more disapproval. It’s just that, among those feeling empowered to vote, the Republican Party will fare better.
#VoteProChoice because being poor shouldn't mean the cast of Duck Dynasty gets to make your reproductive decisions.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- Obama administration issues rules to regulate colleges with career-training ...
- President Obama signs $8.7 billion food stamp cut into law
- Hillary Clinton could end up alone in Iowa
- Holder sees Frank Underwood — but thinks Dick Cheney
Complete media saturation, giant headlines, breaking news alerts--all to tell you the risk of you getting Ebola is nearly nonexistent.- Tina Dupuy
I want to thank every adult for respecting my sincerely held religious belief that they must skip Halloween.- LOLGOP
You'll Rip My Jesus Snow Plows From My Cold Dead Hands
Snow plows in Sioux Falls, South Dakota will be keeping their explicitly Christian theme, WRAL reports.
Mayor Mike Huether said that “unless…I get some Supreme Court case that says I have to” remove the explicitly religious messages that are painted on the city’s snow plows, he would not remove them.
We're keeping an eye on this Jesus character to see if he breaks the leper quarantine again.- LOLGOP
- These countries are getting killed by cheap oil
- Shell's earnings drop; new chairman picked
- Unemployment claims hold near 14-year lows
- U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade
The Great American Foreclosure Nightmare
Many thousands of Americans who lost their homes in the housing bust, but have since begun to rebuild their finances, are suddenly facing a new foreclosure nightmare: debt collectors are chasing them down for the money they still owe by freezing their bank accounts, garnishing their wages and seizing their assets.
For the first half of the Great Recession we only had economic growth because of Congress, now we have it despite Congress.- LOLGOP
Underfunding NASA Consequences
A NASA advisory panel said earlier this year that inadequate funding jeopardized the safety of commercial space cargo shipments, such as the unmanned Orbital Sciences Corp. mission that exploded this week over Virginia.
For Halloween, a woman in Vermont is handing out kale to trick-or-treaters. If you're in Vermont and you want to stop by, look for the house that's been set on fire.- Conan O'Brien
- New clue to the mystery of Amelia Earhart?
- John Denver bust missing after heavy-metal ball
- Man's own dog helps police bust him on drug charge
- Police: Teletubby break-in suspect faces charges
- Was Roswell UFO Crash A Secret Nazi Aircraft?
Time To Deflate Photo