Second U.S. health worker infected with Ebola flew the day before symptoms
The second Dallas health care worker who contracted the Ebola virus was on a flight the day before her symptoms, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday.
Here's to Emory being as successful at containing these Ebola cases as they were the last. Heroes for a living.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- U.S.-led air strikes intensify as Syria conflict destabilizes Turkey
- Australian Troops to Iraq Held up by Legal Matters
- Yemeni man sues German gov't over US drone strikes
- U.N. refugee chief says EU should let more Syrian refugees enter legally
- Hong Kong tycoon calls for protests to end after tension over police beating
- Putin to focus on Ukraine during trip to Milan
Nobody knows where he is but the U.S. national security adviser says there is no evidence that Kim Jong Un has been overthrown. If anything, he was probably just tipped over.- Seth Myers
WMD Opens Its Mouth
Former Vice President Dick Cheney has once again emerged to warn Americans that ours is a very scary world, one that demands “a strong leader” who won’t hesitate to waterboard terrorism suspects and perhaps invade a few countries to make a point about American might.
Of course Saddam had WMDs stupid! He just didn't use them because his evil master plan was to get killed. Duh.- John Fugelsang
THIS IS A REAL HEADLINE: Dutch Bikers Fighting ISIS
Who's that heavily tattooed guy in a T-shirt and stylish European sunglasses, dwarfing the Kurdish fighter to his right? Apparently, that's Ron — just one of several Dutch bikers who've taken up arms with Kurdish soldiers against ISIS.
Meanwhile, Back In Eastern Europe
European companies in Russia warned on Tuesday they were being hurt by a Russian embargo on food imports as well as EU sanctions and risked being "sacrificed" in the standoff over Ukraine.
- NH GOPer Won't Back Down On 'Ugly As Sin' Screed: I Told You So
- Poll: ISIS now top issue for Republican voters
- Gay Republican House Candidate Hasn't Won Fans In LGBT Community
- Stephen Colbert Mocks 'Say Yes to the Dress'-Inspired Republican Ads
Chris Christie reassured New Jersey residents they are safe because he “blocked Ebola by closing lanes on the bridge.”- Top Conservative Cat
Fox News Host vs Fox News Host
Fox News host Greta Van Susteren isn't afraid to express a disagreement with one of her colleagues, even if it's the channel's grand poobah.
And so Van Susteren ventured into familiar territory once again on Tuesday, saying on-air that Bill O'Reilly was wrong to call for the resignation of U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Tom Frieden over the Ebola outbreak.
That awkward moment when Republicans protest Latino immigration, but then celebrate white immigration to America on Columbus Day.- Top Conservative Cat
Rock The Voter News
- Obama Loses Iowans Who Launched His Path to Presidency
- Michelle Obama Parodies 'Turn Down For What' — With A Turnip
Ebola Over Politics
President Barack Obama is cancelling political travel to meet with his Cabinet on the Ebola outbreak.
"I'm not a scientist."
"I'm not a Republican"
Wall Street Has Ebola Fever
Very, very early this morning the Texas Department of State Health Services confirmed a second health care worker has been diagnosed with Ebola. The news sent shivers down the spine of markets still trying to find a footing after the recent pole-axing to stocks around the world. Futures took a slight dip around the time the story hit the newswires but let’s be honest, just about anything could take two or three points out of the futures given the restive state of investors these days.
World would be a lot safer if fewer gun owners dreamed of being Dirty Harry and fewer gamers believed they are actually level 97 berserkers.- Gen. JC Christain Tweet
- US oil prices sink nearly 5% on weak demand forecast
- WTO sides with US farmers in dispute with India
- Ebola stocks: 2 to sell, and 5 to consider buying
- First case of Google Glass addiction reported
When News Clips Become Campaign Ads
A new ad by Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) features NBC "Meet The Press" host Chuck Todd saying Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes "disqualified herself" by refusing to say in a recent interview if she voted for President Barack Obama.
I like hearing how we shouldn't believe the job numbers from people who believed the color coded terror alerts.- John Fugelsang
'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.' - Oscar Wilde. Right. Because he's, like, SO smart and knows Everything.- John Fugelsang
Backup Laptop Fundraiser
I'd rather be safe than sorry. I perused through ebay's computer section and found everything from an inexpensive tablet to high end laptops that I wouldn't have a need for! The prices below are in colones. 50,000 colones is around $100 US dollars.
- Illinois pet dubbed world's tallest cow
- Woman sent to jail over overgrown yard
- Truck with portable toilets crashes in California
- One-ton California pumpkin weighs in as heaviest ever in North America
- DWI Suspect Bribes Cops With Mountain Dew: Police
Time To Deflate Photo
Saturn's odd hexagonal jet stream swirls in this amazing photo taken by the Cassini spacecraft. Image released Feb. 3, 2014.