Costa Rica on alert for Ebola; Top U.S. general fears “mass migration” from CentAm in case of outbreak
Costa Rica is on high alert for the Ebola virus and a top U.S. general is warning that mass migration from Central America is a very real threat should an outbreak occur in the region.
Why is a U.S. General spreading this fearful warning instead of a health official?
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- McCain urges ground troops to defeat ISIS: ‘They’re winning, and we’re not’
- Kurds hold off Islamic State in Kobani; fighters strike in Iraq
- Iraq military abandons key Anbar base to ISIS militants
- UN chief slams Israel settlements, urges peace talks
- Ebola Protocol Breach Raises Questions About Where to Treat Patients
- Dallas Ebola Patient's Dog Will be Kept Safe, Mayor Says
- Boston patient does not appear to have Ebola, hospital says
- Obama calls for action to ensure U.S. medical system can handle Ebola
- St. Louis area police arrest at least 17 during weekend of protests
The Real EbolaBusters!
U.S. citizens who refuse to undergo the new screenings for Ebola at five major American airports could find themselves held in quarantine for up to three weeks, officials told Yahoo News on Thursday. Non-citizens who refuse the screenings could be quarantined or turned away from U.S. soil by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Weird. The people who think denying 4 million people health insurance for no good reason think a travel ban is good public health policy.- LOLGOP
Iraq Billions Lost: Yep, Definitely Bush's Fault
More than $1bn earmarked for the reconstruction of Iraq was stolen and spirited to a bunker in Lebanon as the American and Iraqi governments ignored appeals to recover the money, it has been claimed.
If cannabis is a Gateway Drug then I guess beer is the wide, brightly-lit walkway that leads you directly to the gate. - John Fugelsang
- Texas GOP governor candidate: Gay marriage prevents kids from being born in wedlock
- White limos and the C-word: A drunken Palin family birthday party melee remembrance
- War on Women Continues, Just Quieter
- Ad Blames GOP Budget Cuts For Ebola Outbreak
- ‘Grow a spine!’: Huckabee explodes at GOP for giving up as gays break ‘nature’s law’ of marriage
World Health Organization raises Ebola death toll to 4,033, though Fox News is still reporting the count as 1 white person.- Top Conservative Cat
I Bet Sarah Palin Didn't See This From Her House
A U.S. federal judge on Sunday ruled that the state of Alaska's ban on same-sex marriage was unconstitutional.
Look, we all know Ebola left Africa because it heard Obama will let it get gay married in America. - Top Conservative Cat
Rock The Voter News
- In Iowa, Ready for Hillary builds a list and hopes for the best
- Elizabeth Warren: Obama's economic team chose Wall Street over 'families'
California Dreaming Of Water
Since 2012, California has been suffering through a historically severe drought. For the farmers of the Central Valley, which is, as Dana Goodyear writes in this week’s issue, “the country’s fruit basket, salad bowl, and dairy case,” the future seems especially bleak. Wells have gone dry, orchards have been left to perish, and those who came to California to work the fields stand idle.
Being in Austin, Texas, is like sitting next to a fun gay cousin at a Romney wedding.- Andy Richter Tweet
A man with a bullhorn interrupted Hillary Clinton on Sunday during a speech she was giving in San Diego.
The heckler, sporting a suit and tie, sounded a loud alarm with the bullhorn and began shouting at the former Secretary of State before he was quickly removed by security. It's not immediately clear why the man interrupted Clinton's remarks.
New York state is spending $750 million to open a solar plant in Buffalo, which will create thousands of jobs. Most of those jobs will be shoveling the snow off the solar equipment.- David Letterman
Meanwhile, Back In Hong Kong
Rowdy scenes erupted at the main Occupy Central protest site in Hong Kong on Monday after hundreds of people opposing the pro-democracy occupation tried to tear down protest barricades.
- Dollar falls on concerns over global growth, Fed comments
- Print Books Outsold Ebooks In First Half Of 2014
- Banks harvest callers' voiceprints to fight fraud
Over Worked Traffic Control Staff
The head of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority told federal safety officials that traffic control staff at the Metro-North Railroad worked seven days straight for weeks when several accidents, including one fatal, disrupted commutes in Connecticut and New York last year.
U.S. Oil Will Be Fracking Mad At Saudi Arabia
Despite a nearly 25% slide in oil prices in recent months, Saudi Arabia has no intention of cutting oil production. On the contrary, according to a Reuters report Sunday, the kingdom “is quietly telling oil market participants that Riyadh is comfortable with markedly lower oil prices for an extended period.” How much lower? Perhaps down to $80 per barrel, for a year or two.
A woman in the U.K. held a wedding ceremony to marry herself. "I don’t know how to tell you this, but I think that lady you just married might be crazy."- Seth Myers
Thank you for your time visiting AHNC!
- Secret US 'mini-shuttle' to land on Sunday after 22 months in orbit
- California police field reports of creepy clowns
- Wyoming man accused of stealing train in work dispute
- What's the smallest thing the human eye can see?
- Patient takes wheel of ambulance in Arizona
Time To Deflate Photo