Bundy ranch standoff previews conflicts to come as militia growth explodes, report warns
The standoff between federal agents and armed supporters of a Nevada rancher was a coordinated effort by far-right militia members, according to a new report by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
According to a new study, the largest producer of oil is now the United States. So you know what that means — any day now we'll be invading ourselves. - David Letterman
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Iraqi Kurds take over 2 northern oil fields
- 'Low-Grade' Nuclear Material Is Seized by Rebels in Iraq, UN Says
- Lebanese rockets hit Israel in offensive's 4th day
- Report: At least 30 Ukraine troops dead in attack
- Houston-area shooting claims six lives (14 photos)
Border Militia Falls Apart
Efforts to secure the U.S.-Mexico border with armed militia groups appear to have fizzled as questions arise about their self-proclaimed “commander.”
Operation Secure Our Border, which was organized by “Commander” Chris “Threepercenter” Davis, claimed Tuesday on its website that there were three “troops on the ground” along the Arizona border and “four credible operations on the ground” on the Texas border, reported the San Antonio Express-News.
Rick Perry thinks prayer can protect us from drought, fires and illness but only billions in armed guards can save us from child refugees.- LOLGOP
- Alex Jones sinks to a new low, calling Michelle Obama ‘the First Tranny’
- GOP plan lawsuit over employer mandate delays Surveys show Obamacares ...
- Diaz-Balart: Republicans are wrong about border crisis
- Reputation for Zeal Precedes Republican Leading New Benghazi Inquiry
- Kansas Is Going Broke Due To The Republican Plan Of Cutting Taxes For the Rich
- Ted Cruz Wants to Allow Selling of National Parks, Strip Government of Federal Lands
Fox and Friends seek instruction on how same-sex marriage works, Steve Doocy ends up pregnant.- LOLGOP
Suing The President
House Republicans took the initial step on Thursday to sue President Barack Obama over the administration's decision to delay the employer mandate of the health care law.
Imagine if we spent the last decade trying to export solar and wind energy instead of propped-up democracies.- LOLGOP
Flori-duh Gerrymandering Declared Insane
Florida’s congressional districts are some of the most GOP-friendly in the country. Although President Obama won a narrow victory over Mitt Romney in Florida during the 2012 presidential election, Republicans control 17 of the state’s 27 congressional districts. That means that, even though Obama won a majority of the votes cast by Floridians in 2012, Romney’s Republican Party controls nearly two-thirds of Florida’s U.S. House delegation.
On Thursday, a Florida trial court held that the congressional maps that produced this lopsided result violate the state’s constitution.
Rock The Voter News
- Obama, long mistaken for a Muslim, has huge following among U.S. Muslims
- Anthrax probe reveals new incident with bird flu, widespread safety lapses
When A Little Bit Of Knowledge Is Dangerous
Adding to unfounded worries that immigrant children attempting to enter the U.S. are reintroducing a panoply of diseases such as Ebola and dengue fever, conservatives grew more agitated yesterday after “American security contractors” found what they believed to be a “Muslim prayer rug” abandoned near the Arizona border.
According to Adam Weinstein at Gawker, the “rug” is actually a diamond-patterned Adidas soccer jersey.
"House Speaker John Boehner is threatening to sue President Obama for using executive actions to create laws, instead of going through Congress first. Then Obama shrugged and made a new law that you can't sue the president." –Jimmy Fallon
- Oil price sheds gains as supply worries ease
- Market will crash, just don't know catalyst: Faber
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads, highways
- Major union severs relationship with United Negro College Fund over ties to Koch brothers
The people who told us Obamacare will fail want you to know the Bush tax cuts will start working any day now.- LOLGOP
Bush Tax Cuts Cost 6.6 Trillion
The U.S. economy has recovered the 8.7 million jobs lost during the Great Recession and its unemployment rate is now the lowest it's been in almost six years. But David Cay Johnston, a Pulitzer prize-winning reporter, author and visiting lecturer at Syracuse University's law school and business school, says the economy would be a lot stronger if not for the Bush tax cuts.
Americans have lost $6.6 trillion from 2001, when the tax cuts first took effect, through 2012, according to Johnston. That's more than one-third of the country's annual GDP
"According to a new report from BP, the earth will run out of oil in 53 years. Luckily, thanks to BP, the ocean will still have plenty." –Seth Meyers
"There was a huge blowout at the World Cup when Germany beat Brazil 7-1 in the semifinals. It got so bad that the refs told Brazil, 'You know what? Go ahead and use your hands.'" –Jimmy Fallon
Please Support My Work If You Enjoyed Yourself Today!
Tell someone about this website!
- Whoops! Police say tow truck tried to snag cop car
- New Mexico judge elected by coin toss after tie
- Meet the World's Fastest Talking Woman
- 14,000 draft notices sent to men born in 1800s
- 3 skulls donated to Seattle-area thrift store
Time To Deflate Photo