Obama makes surprise visit to Afghanistan for Memorial Day
President Obama arrived in Afghanistan on Sunday for an unannounced visit to mark Memorial Day with U.S. troops, now in the final months of America’s longest war, and to begin final discussions over the size of the U.S. force that will remain beyond the end of the year.
"Let us never forget their service and always be worthy of the sacrifices made in our name." —President Obama
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Father blames government 'idiots' as California town mourns killings
- Police search for California man who shot at 3 women who refused to have sex with him
- Netanyahu blasts Europe as two Israelis killed in Belgium
- Gunmen kill Libyan journalist in restive Benghazi
- China: 23 terror, extremist groups busted in May
- Russia urges Kiev to halt 'military operation against own people'
Humbled and awed at the sacrifices our armed forces and their families have made for our freedom and safety.- LOLGOP
Another Mass Murder
Just before he began he began randomly shooting his classmates in Isla Vista on Friday evening, Elliot Rodger forwarded a few dozen people his 141-page manifesto detailing his "twisted world" and plans for a "day of retribution" near UCSB. Among the recipients were Rodger's parents, who then raced toward Santa Barbara in a futile effort to stop their son from following through on his rampage.
If 3 men a day were killed by a partner or an ex, if women were the leading cause of injury to men, the news would talk about nothing else.- LOLGOP
The GOP. From Neo-Conservative to Neo-Confederate in two failed elections. - LOLGOP
- Breitbart contributor blames deadly shooting spree on sex education and hippies
- Franklin Graham warns gays to change their ways or ‘it’s the flames of hell for you’
- Tea Party favorite Dr. Ben Carson calls Veteran Affairs waiting list scandal a ‘gift from God’
- Nevada ranchers look to Gandhi rather than militiamen in multiday protest ride
Americans who earn under $10 million/year pay a HIGHER tax rate than those who earn over $10 million & actual adult Republicans defend this.- LOLGOP
They Used To Wear Hoods, Now They Wear Robes
A Mississippi judge was accused of striking a mentally disabled black man and yelling, “Run, n-gger, run.”
The family of 20-year-old Eric Rivers filed a complaint against Madison County Justice Court Judge Bill Weisenberger in connection with the May 8 incident at the Canton Flea Market, reported the Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
Clearly a graduate of the GOP School of Community Relations
Nebraska mayor challenges atheists over faith-based event: ‘Take me to f-cking court — I don’t care’
An atheist group said a Nebraska mayor rudely dismissed their concerns over a possible church-state violation.
Omaha Atheists expressed their concern over a “Faith and Freedom” Memorial Day event Sunday that was sponsored by the city of La Vista, Neb
Rock The Voter News
"Impeach Obama! Treason!" Posted By Every Internet Troll Everywhere
The CIA’s top officer in Kabul was exposed Saturday by the White House when his name was inadvertently included on a list provided to news organizations of senior U.S. officials participating in President Obama’s surprise visit with U.S. troops.
Astonishing: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan. - Valerie Plame Wilson Tweet
- Oil futures ease in Asia after Ukraine vote
- World stocks mostly higher on US optimism
- Europe's 'political earthquake': Far right win in France shakes established parties
- China's state-owned sector told to cut ties with U.S. consulting firms
Our New Stealth Jet Can’t Land
There are big air shows in the UK this summer. The British public may be a little disappointed, however. The F-35B Joint Strike Fighter—the stealth jet that’s supposed to be able to take off and land vertically, like a helicopter—will be on display for the first time outside the U.S. But it won’t emulate the vertical landings that the Harrier family has made routine since the Beatles were playing dodgy nightclubs in Hamburg.
Republicans are going to completely blow 2016 if they don't hold their convention in #BENGHAZI.- LOLGOP
A new study found that legalizing marijuana in Colorado has created more than 10,000 jobs. And that's just selling lava lamps at Spencer's Gifts.- Jimmy Fallon
- The evolution of television (15 photos)
- Australian senator produces fake bomb at hearing
- Japan creates new national holiday for ‘overworked’ population
- Pantless driver says 'manzilian' irritated skin
- Naked man playing violin at courthouse jailed
- Naked man arrested outside White House gate
Time To Deflate Photo