FCC approves plan to allow for paid priority on Internet
The Federal Communications Commission on Thursday voted in favor of advancing a proposal that could dramatically reshape the way consumers experience the Internet, opening the possibility of Internet service providers charging Web sites for higher-quality delivery of their content to American consumers.
Yep, the rich get richer and the poor get "stupider". Republicans are doing the Net Neutrality dance. Thanks FCC.
Climate change? Debatable. Evolution? Debatable. Medicare? Debatable. Tax breaks for the rich? Science.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Attacks around Iraq's capital kill 29 people
- Activists: Bomb kills at least 43 in north Syria
- Clinton: No deal better than 'bad deal' with Iran
- Aid workers freed after months of Syria captivity
“That’s right, the forecast for this weekend is 'Benghazi.' Make sure you bring a straitjacket.” – Bill Maher
These Two Aren't Spineless Democrats + You Get Two For The Price Of One!
Bill and Hillary Clinton are fighting back against critics as if they are waging another campaign, the clearest sign yet that, perhaps, they are. The former secretary of state and her former president husband are defending their records, showing off their health and humor and raising money for fellow Democrats, fresh indications that Hillary Clinton has her eye on running for president in 2016.
According to a new survey, 55 percent of Americans think that they are smarter than the average American. Said the average American, “55 percent? That’s almost half.” - Seth Myers
- New Benghazi Investigation Spooks GOP Leaders
- Gender gap damages GOP: Where are all the Republican women?
- Potential Republican Candidate For President Embraces Key Tenet Of Obamacare
- Sen. Harry Reid: Republicans Are Retreating From Obamacare
Clarence Thomas Supports State Religion
...Thomas, however, wants to turn back the clock. If policymakers in your state chose today to establish Christianity as the official state religion, Clarence Thomas believes that would be entirely permissible under the First Amendment. So long as Congress didn’t pass the law, he says, it’s kosher.
“The Republicans don’t know what to do with the pope, because they’ve got to love him because he’s a religious leader, he’s the pope. But, he says things like 'redistribute wealth.' He sounds like Elizabeth Warren!” – Bill Maher
Rock The Voter News
- Obama, other officials speak at September 11 Memorial and Museum dedication
- Southern California blazes rage on as firefight enters second day
Now that Americans are getting wise to the dangers of being spied on by the government, they have to start getting more alarmed about spying on each other. Because, if the Donald Sterling mess proved anything, it’s that there’s a force out there just as powerful as Big Brother: “Big Girlfriend.” - Bill Maher
The Benghazi Bandwagon Wants To Visit The Senate
Three dozen Republican senators are calling on Majority Leader Harry Reid to establish a select committee to investigate the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya.
In a letter released Thursday by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), the 37 Republican senators said the Senate only has a “partial view of the facts” about the attacks on a U.S. compound that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.
Harrison Ford gets offered more disappointing sequels than the Bush family.- LOLGOP
- Ukraine must pay cash for gas, says Russia's Putin
- US Jobless Benefit Claims Hit 7-Year Low
- More homes than ever are beyond the reach of the middle class
- Fast-food workers take to the streets demanding higher pay
Wall Street Retreats as Earnings Disappoint. Well, Yeah, Low Wage Workers Can't Afford To Buy Stuff
The stock market slumped on Thursday after a drop in small-capitalization stocks and disappointing results from Wal-Mart.
A day after Donald Sterling's explosive interview with CNN, Anderson Cooper sat down with Magic Johnson for a follow-up interview. And Magic actually said he's praying for Sterling. Yeah, he’s praying for him to get stuck in an elevator with Beyoncé’s sister. - Jimmy Fallon
Anti-Benghazi and GOP Clowns Tip Jar
Anti-Benghazi and GOP Clowns Tip Jar
|This is how I feel sometimes after reading about the Republican Shenanigans of the day. Which one should be the top story? So many to choose from!|
- Pope Francis will take rabbi and Muslim leader with him to Holy Land
- Cabbie becomes unwitting driver for alleged bank robber on the run
- Video captures family cat saving California boy from dog attack
- Man says he broke into neighbor's home for eggs
- Roommates Find $41,000 in Used Couch, Return Cash to Elderly Owner
Time To Deflate Photo
I need to jump off that ladder platform in Bora Bora. Definitely on my imaginary bucket list.