The government's small business lending program has benefited millions of companies, with the goal of minimizing the number of layoffs Americans have suffered in the face of the coronavirus pandemic. Yet the recipients include many you probably wouldn't have expected.
It seems everyone but small businesses received PPP loans. I wouldn't be surprised to learn Putin received a PPP loan. - Christopher Blouzy tweet
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- A grim July: U.S. sees 250,000 new coronavirus cases in just five days
- 'We need to live with it': White House readies new message for the nation on coronavirus
- ICE says international students whose universities move to online-only this fall must transfer or leave the US
- US mayors warn their cities are being overwhelmed
- Florida will require schools to reopen in August, despite a surge in coronavirus cases
- Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus
- Blackwater Mercenary Prince Has a New $1 Trillion Chinese Boss
God is punishing Bolsonaro with covid because even Brazil has a giant statue of white Jesus. - DKnight10000 tweet
|It's all good!|
Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook's chief operating officer, on Tuesday promised in a blog post that the social media giant will get “get better and faster” at rooting out hate speech on its platforms.
I can’t believe the president is letting the people die and the confederate statues live. - Molly Jong-Fast
- Trump Approval Rating Plummets in 500 Counties With Rising Coronavirus Deaths
- Rush Limbaugh Speaks Out Against Mask Mandates, Calls for US to Pursue Herd Immunity: ‘Let the Young and Healthy Live Their Lives’
- ‘Off the Rails’: Reporters Fume After Wild Briefing in Which Kayleigh McEnany Repeatedly Ducked Questions
- Trump never took his SATs — and paid someone else to do it for him: Mary Trump
- Sen. Tammy Duckworth Fires Back at Tucker Carlson Accusing Her and Other Democrats of Hating America
- Maryland GOP governor who's criticized Trump says he's considering 2024 presidential run
- Citing new evidence of a coronavirus outbreak at a Georgia prison, Roger Stone complains of a ‘life-threatening’ health danger
- Fox News Apologizes, Says It Mistakenly Cropped Trump Out of Jeffrey Epstein Photo
Tammy Duckworth lost her legs after fighting for this country. Tucker Carlson lost his bow tie after fighting with Jon Stewart. - Jeremy Newberger tweet
Jesus Said This to the Money Changers He Threw Out of the Temple: My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
A Dallas megachurch whose pastor has been a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump was approved for a forgivable loan worth $2 million to $5 million, according to long-awaited government data released on Monday.
Vice President Mike Pence spoke at a rally last month at the First Baptist Church of Dallas, whose pastor, Robert Jeffress, has been on Trump's evangelical advisory board.
Trump Freaks Out After Giant Statue of Obama Suddenly Appears on White House Lawn. - Andy Borowitz
Raise your hand 🤚🏻 if you didn’t have to pay someone to take the SATs for you. - David Cicilline tweet
Trump Blames Increased Number of Coronavirus Cases on Math. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Says She's Tested Positive for Coronavirus
- Biden promises to up US production of key medical equipment
- Democrats target memorials to Confederate leaders in spending bill
- Democrats: DeSantis' virus inaction is killing Floridians
Excellent Idea Having Police Take Out Personal Insurance. It Sure Would Separate The Wheat From The Chaff
A New York state lawmaker has introduced a bill that would require officers to obtain personal liability insurance as an incentive to crack down on police misconduct.
The legislation, introduced by state Sen. Alessandra Biaggi (D-Bronx), would require all officers possess personal liability insurance to cover any lawsuits filed against them about excessive force, abuse, or other misconduct claims against them, according to a press release.
I will never forgive my grudge against the members of my profession who treated Hillary's Emails as if they were the most important issue facing voters in 2016. On my deathbed, I will still carry resentment for what they did to my country. - Ian Millhiser, Vox
I'd love to know why Deutsche Bank gave trump an unsecured $2B loan when nobody else would touch him. - BrooklynDad_Defiant tweet
- Deutsche Bank hit with $150 million penalty for relationship to sex offender Jeffrey Epstein
- Second Stimulus Check Income Eligibility May Be Capped At $40,000
- Vaccine maker Novavax receives $1.6 billion from 'Operation Warp Speed'
- NBA to expand mental health resources for players in bubble season restart
An oldie but a goodie
I would like to congratulate my colleagues at universities around the world. You will now get to teach a lot of wonderful non-US students who would have otherwise come to school here in the US. Your leaders may not be perfect, but they are not as inept and malicious as ours. - Stephen Walt tweet, Harvard
So How's That Trade Deal With China Going...
The United States is "looking at" banning Chinese social media apps, including TikTok, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Monday.
Pompeo suggested the possible move during an interview with Fox News' Laura Ingraham, adding that "we're taking this very seriously."
If I die after I pay my rent, sit me on the couch till da 30th. - Cxlby_ tweet