Senate Republicans are vowing to quickly quash any articles of impeachment that pass the House and warn that Democrats will feel a political backlash if they go forward and impeach President Trump.
Republican senators say there are no grounds to impeach Trump and are daring Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to embark on what they dismiss as a fool’s errand that will turn off swing voters.
I hope the whistleblower has a small army of bodyguards.
Trump Signs Executive Order Banning Whistles. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump changes story on withholding Ukraine aid
- Donald Trump defends Boris Johnson against ‘nasty’ reporter
- Sanctions stymied Macron's efforts to set up meeting between US, Iran: report
- Weber, Podesta say they’re no longer under investigation over foreign lobbying
- Ex-US intel officer sentenced to 10 years for attempting to give classified information to China
The president of the United States has betrayed our country.
That’s not a political statement—it’s a harsh reality, and we must act.
He is a clear and present danger to the things that keep us strong and free.
I support impeachment. - Hillary Clinton
READ: Transcript of Trump's call with Ukrainian president
So if I'm reading this right, it appears Giuliani fed Trump some absolutely bonkers Biden/Ukraine conspiracy theory and Trump just ran with it and now he's going to get impeached.
Best. Personal lawyer. Ever. - Rex Huppke
I Wonder if Giuliani Will Exit Gracefully. Haha, I made a Joke.
Officials inside the Trump administration are laying President Donald Trump’s perilous political future at the feet of his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who they say conducted a disastrous shadow foreign policy when it came to Ukraine: “Rudy — he did all this…This shitshow that we’re in — it’s him injecting himself in the process.”
The only thing dumber than asking a foreign power to help you win a presidential election is asking 2 foreign powers to help you win 2 presidential elections. - OhNoSheTwint
- Rudy Giuliani Reveals Ukrainian Oppo Research Mission Was Requested by Trump Administration
- Giuliani threatens to sue Democratic Fox News guest for libel: 'Shut up, you moron!'
- Kellyanne Conway Confirms Trump Withheld Aid From Ukraine, Admits Biden is ‘Relevant’
- Lindsey Graham: If Trump Pressured Ukraine to Investigate Biden by Threatening Aid, I'd Be 'Very Disappointed'
- Trump PAC releasing ad calling for Biden investigation
- Fox & Friends: There Are ‘A Few Words’ in the Ukraine Transcript That Will ‘Raise Eyebrows’
- Fox News’ Napolitano: What Trump Has Admitted to Is a Crime
- ‘Republicans on the Hill Loathe Donald Trump Personally’
- Trump legal team steps into a battle like none before
Study: Millions of Taxpayer Dollars Could Be Saved By Impeaching Pence At Same Time. - Andy Borowitz
Trump's on a Losing Streak
The U.S. Senate on Wednesday voted for a second time to terminate the national emergency on the southern border that President Donald Trump declared in February, a measure that almost certainly would face a veto if it reaches Trump’s desk.
That transcript...I feel like a smoking gun just fell out of Trump’s yoga pants. - The Hoarse Whisperer
Somewhere John Boehner is rocking in a hammock, stoned off his ass, laughing and laughing and laughing. - driftglass tweet
Rock The Voter News
- ‘Betrayal of his oath of office’: Pelosi opens impeachment inquiry
- Rep. Ted Lieu: If we don't impeach by the end of the year, it doesn't make sense
- Warren passes Biden in new nationwide poll
- New Poll: Andrew Yang eclipses Mayor Pete, is it a turning point?
The key difference between the Trump impeachment and the Clinton impeachment is that Trump has been screwing the entire country. - Andy Borowitz
The Current State of the White House
The White House on Wednesday inadvertently sent out its GOP talking points on President Trump's Ukrainian phone call to House Democrats.
Aaron Fritschner, the communications director for Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.), said that "numerous Dem colleagues" received the email at 11:22 a.m., followed by a White House request to recall the email at 12:02 p.m. Fritschner said Beyer's office doesn't do email recalls.
Boris Johnson Relieved That He Is Not Most F-cked World Leader Right Now. - Andy Borowitz
- Oil prices fall as U.S. supplies rise a second straight week
- US sanctions Chinese companies for Iran oil imports: Pompeo
- Al Franken to host SiriusXM radio show
- Major Norwegian cruise line to ban single-use plastic bottles
- Juul CEO steps down amid public outrage over vaping
Congrats to the entire Trump administration on somehow managing to be ever dumber than they are evil.- OhNoSheTwint
China Throws Shade at Trump
China's top diplomat hit back at U.S. criticism of its trade and development model on Tuesday, saying Beijing had no intention to "play the Game of Thrones on the world stage" but warned Washington to respect its sovereignty, including in Hong Kong.
One of the Many Reasons I 💗 Costa Rica
The United Nations has selected Costa Rica as its 2019 Champions of the Earth award for policy leadership, the organization announced Friday.
Citing Costa Rica’s plan to decarbonize its economy by 2050, the UN says the Central American country “sets an example for the region and for the world.”
Impeachment at last
Impeachment at last
Thank God Almighty
Impeachment at last. - Philippe Reines