The Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Homeland Security have been in a “scramble” to get the information to reunite almost 3,000 children with their parents in the family separations fallout, The New York Times reports. Two sources told the newspaper that records linking parents to their children “have disappeared” or have been “destroyed,” making positive identifications between children and family an uphill battle. HHS also sent out an email looking for volunteers to help scan through about 12,000 children’s records to determine which children were separated from their parents by the U.S. government and who arrived unaccompanied.
14 month old boy separated from immigrant parents at the border, was returned after 85 days, covered with lice, had apparently not been bathed - part of lawsuits filed by states against Trump administration. - Judy Woodruff, PBS News
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump on NATO burden sharing: ‘We are the schmucks’
- Pompeo is gifting Kim Jong Un a Trump-signed 'Rocket Man' CD
- US moving some detained immigrants to sites closer to their children: HHS Secretary Alex Azar
- ‘These are children!’: CNN’s Ana Navarro shuts down Trump booster’s excuses for baby jails
- Pence defends immigration agency, rips Democrats
Last night, Trump went after 2 Veterans at his rabid racist rally last night. John McCain & George H.W. Bush. Laughing at two heroes that are living out their final days. Cruel & absolutely pathetic. Mind-boggling how anyone affiliated with the US Military supports this bastard. - Andrew Goss
Army Is Discharging Immigrants
The U.S. Army has moved in recent weeks to discharge dozens of immigrant recruits and reservists who enlisted through a program that promised them a path to citizenship.
They aren't even bothering to stick a couple black people behind Trump at his rallies anymore.- Randi Mayem Singer
- Trump fired Scott Pruitt without talking to him and had John Kelly do the dirty work: report
- Scott Pruitt told Donald Trump he is president because of "God’s providence" in resignation letter
- Richard Spencer blocked from entering Europe, ordered to return to US
- Nevada brothel owner running for state legislature: Evangelicals like me because 'I'm not going to get paid off'
- Fourth Ohio State wrestler claims top GOP lawmaker knew about sexual abuse
- Alan Dershowitz Rips ‘Cowardly’ Morning Joe for Mockery: I ‘Doubt They Have the Guts’ to Face Me
- White vacationers complain woman 'ruined our whole trip' to Statue of Liberty by protesting family separations
- GOP congressional candidate tells Parkland father to stop 'exploiting' his daughter's death
- Manafort being kept in solitary confinement 23 hours per day to ‘guarantee his safety’
Scott Pruitt, you will not be missed. Sincerely, all forms of animal and plant life. - Seth McFarlane
Subject: Second Civil War Report from the Front
My dearest Lisa,
July 4th was a horrible day. Some MAGAs learned of my past as a biology teacher and derided me as a “goddamned evolutionist.” They caught me at the Natural History Museum and demanded I renounce Darwin.
I told them that if man was descended from monkeys, Donald Trump is proof we have not descended far. They all came to attention and saluted when I mentioned their Dear Leader’s name. That’s when I escaped to my safe space.
Sherman was right: war is hell. Or maybe Mr. Peabody said that. Whoever it was, a veggie burger and a hug would do me no harm right about now. With luck I shall return from the front soon.
Yours in solidarity,
Fear not, dear Rick, the redcaps are using the strategy the redcoats did on the front in our days of yore -- we can see them coming a mile away.
Stay armed with facts. It's our only hope.
Here It Is. DOJ Needs More Time To Find Lost Children!
The Department of Justice (DOJ) is reportedly asking a federal judge for more time to reunite the thousands of families separated at the U.S.-Mexico border.
A protester was arrested for trying to climb the Statue of Liberty. If we arrested everyone who is guilty of climbing all over a woman there’d be less to protest! - Bette Midler
Rock The Voter News
- Young adults list expense of child care as top reason for having fewer kids
- NEW POLL: Dems hold massive 10-point lead over GOP on generic House ballot
Elon Musk Sending SpaceX Engineers To Help Trapped Thai Boys
Tech billionaire Elon Musk is sending specialist engineers to Thailand to help aid the rescue of the 12 boys and their football coach trapped in a cave...One of Musk's considerations was inserting a nylon tube into the cave network to create an air tunnel underwater
Of course, Trump doesn’t get, “1,000 Points of Light”. @GeorgeHWBush called on Americans to bring light to those in need & make things better by volunteering to help others. Trump knows nothing about this.Under Trump, ##1000PointsofLight means tiki-torches held-up by neo-Nazis. - Ana Navarro
- U.S. economy adds more jobs than expected in June
- China and Russia hit back at Trump tariffs
- Amazon profits off sale of white-supremacist items, report says
- RIP 18,000 Barrels of Booze at Kentucky’s Barton 1792 Distillery
Friend: Hey! Donald Trump just set your house on fire!
Trumper: Awesome! I’m so proud he selected my house!
Friend: Ain’t you gonna put it out?
Trumper: Heck no, he’s usin’ it to set my liberal neighbor’s house on fire! - Tea Pain
Trump Requests Foreign Workers For Mar-a-Lago
President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida has asked the federal government for permission to hire 40 foreign workers, according to data released Thursday by the U.S. Labor Department.
The Palm Beach resort wants to hire waiters and waitresses who would be employed using H-2B visas, which businesses typically obtain if they can establish that there are not enough American workers able or willing to fill the temporary positions.
Mom Spends Beach Vacation Assuming All Household Duties In Closer Proximity To Ocean - The Onion
A special shout out to those that donate monthly