Every year, the FBI releases a report that is considered the gold standard for tracking crime statistics in the United States: the Crime in the United States report, a collection of crime statistics gathered from over 18,000 law-enforcement agencies in cities around the country. But according to an analysis by FiveThirtyEight, the 2016 Crime in the United States report — the first released under President Trump’s administration — contains close to 70 percent fewer data tables1 than the 2015 version did, a removal that could affect analysts’ understanding of crime trends in the country.
Trump Supporters Celebrate Massive Tax Cut for Everyone but Them. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Poll: Majority of military officers view Trump unfavorably
- Around 1m Americans overdosed on opioids last year, and 64,000 of them died
- Las Vegas victims targeted by death threats after surviving massacre: ‘I hope someone truly shoots you’
- State Department Scraps Sanctions Office
- GOP winds down Russia probes with Trump collusion unanswered
- Vladimir Putin Launches Four Ballistic Missiles in Nuclear Forces Drill Across Russia
- Spain Moves to Take Control Over Catalonia
President Trump today claimed he has a better recollection of his condolence call to the widow of a soldier than she does, pointing to his head and saying quote “one of the great memories of all time.” Trump then added, “If you don’t believe me, ask my wife Melatonin.” - Seth Myers
Federal immigration agents detained an undocumented 10-year-old girl from Laredo, Texas, just out of emergency surgery on Wednesday.
Rosa Maria Hernandez, brought illegally into the United States at three months of age by her mother, was taken to Driscoll Children’s Hospital in Corpus Christi, Texas, by her cousin. En route to the hospital, they were stopped at a Customs and Border Patrol checkpoint. Immigration agents then proceeded to follow the two to the hospital and remained there throughout the night.
Once she was discharged, Rosa Maria, who suffers from cerebral palsy, was escorted via ambulance to the Bexar County Juvenile Detention Center in San Antonio, Texas, by officers with Customs and Border Protection.
In the past week, several prominent men have been fired for sexual harassment and it’s being called “The Harvey Effect.” Of course, none of them will see any jail time and that’s being called “The Cosby Effect.” - Conan O'Brien
- Sebastian Gorka says Hillary Clinton should be convicted of treason like the Rosenbergs: "Those people got the chair"
- ‘No you brought her up!’ Kellyanne Conway melts down when CNN asks why she keeps talking about Hillary
- Maddow busts GOP Senate staffer involved in Russia investigation who did her own private search for Clinton’s emails
- Sessions lashes out at federal judges for not "appropriately respecting" Trump
- The president is ordering the Justice Department to go after his political opponent
- 15 times Trump bragged about his intelligence
- Trump is hardest working president since WWII: Republican voters
- Joy Reid calls BS on GOP lawmaker saying faith-based treatments will make up for meager Trump opioid budget
- Trump White House spending $1.75 million on new furniture, redecorating
- Witness To George HW Bush Groping Incident Says Actors Were Warned: 'He Gets Pretty Handsy'
We're probably a few months off from 12-hour-long Fox News broadcasts of Clinton showtrials. - Ankit Panda
Georgia Deletes Voter Info Needed For Lawsuit
A computer server crucial to a lawsuit against Georgia election officials was quietly wiped clean by its custodians just after the suit was filed, The Associated Press has learned.
The server’s data was destroyed July 7 by technicians at the Center for Elections Systems at Kennesaw State University, which runs the state’s election system. The data wipe was revealed in an email sent last week from an assistant state attorney general to plaintiffs in the case that was later obtained by the AP. More emails obtained in a public records request confirmed the wipe.
Toddler-in-Chief @realDonaldTrump tweets birthday wishes to singer Lee Greenwood but tags attorney Lee Greenwood ... He’s Ivy League smart. - Col. Morris Davis
A new poll has found that 51 percent of Democrats now have a favorable view of former President George W. Bush. That makes sense. I’d also have a favorable view of the flu if I suddenly found myself with the plague.- Seth Myers
Rock The Voter News
- New Occidental College scholarships honor school's most famous student: Barack Obama
- Russia's Troll Factory Made 'Hillary Clinton' Sex Tape, Ex-Worker Claims
- Hillary Clinton Receives Wonder Woman Award & Her Speech Will Remind You Of Your Power
- JFK Assassination Records - 2017 Additional Documents Release | National Archives
Every tweet ever written has been archived in the Library of Congress for future generations to read, so hate wisely. - John Fugelsang
Trump Blocks Some JFK Documents
President Donald Trump has blocked the release of hundreds of records on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, bending to CIA and FBI appeals, while the National Archives came out Thursday night with a hefty cache of others.
The JFK files got released before Trump's taxes. - Tim Hanlon
- Walmart tests shelf-scanning robots in 50-plus stores
- Pharmaceutical Founder Arrested In Alleged Nationwide Opioid Scheme
- Mark Halperin, a Top Political Journalist, Faces Multiple Claims of Harassment
- Almost half of Trump’s Twitter followers could be fake: report
Congress is now "looking for funding" to address the opioid crisis. Maybe they should look in the same place where they somehow found $1.3 trillion in tax cuts for rich people. - Andy Borowitz
When US Companies Aren't Patriotic
Twitter quietly ramped up a campaign last year to permanently delete some user data from its social media platform and the files of commercial firms using it, raising concerns that the policy would help Russian cyberspies suspected of meddling in the 2016 election cover their tracks.
Before Twitter we had no way of knowing the illiteracy rates of our favorite celebrities. - John Fugelsang
|Is anybody out there?|