The Republican-led Senate narrowly voted Tuesday to repeal a banking rule that would let consumers band together to sue their bank or credit card company to resolve financial disputes.
Vice President Mike Pence cast the final vote to break a 50-50 tie.
I just think it should be easier for people to join forces to sue predatory lenders than it is for them to band together and buy guns & ammo. - Richard Hine
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Putin media critic stabbed in neck
- US touts military ties in Philippines as Duterte courts Russia, China
- Iran Sentences to Death 'Israeli Spy' Doctor Linked to Nuclear Scientist Killings Blamed on US and Israel
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region - state media
- 2 dead on Grambling's campus, shooter at large
- 'No rhyme or reason': Tampa scrambling to solve 3 mystery killings
- Brother of Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock detained in child porn case, authorities say
- Laptop recovered from Las Vegas shooter's hotel room missing its hard drive, challenging investigators
- Las Vegas shooting victims struggle to afford mounting medical costs
The latest rumor in Washington is President Trump is looking for a replacement for Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. After hearing the job entails constant trips out of the country, Melania volunteered. - Conan O'Brien
$330 An Hour? WTF?
..."Under the contract, the hourly rate was set at $330 for a site supervisor, and at $227.88 for a 'journeyman lineman,'" The Washington Post reports. "The cost for subcontractors, which make up the bulk of Whitefish's workforce, is $462 per hour for a supervisor and $319.04 for a lineman. Whitefish also charges nightly accommodation fees of $332 per worker and almost $80 per day for food."
Sr. North Korean official tells me US must take “literally” threat from Foreign Min of “strongest hydrogen bomb test over the Pacific Ocean” - Will Ripley, CNN
- States may roll back children’s health coverage without money from Congress
- GOP senator: Trump ranted about his own accomplishments during meeting with Senate Republicans
- Fact check: Sarah Sanders' list of Trump accomplishments
- Protester throws Russian flags at Trump, accuses him of "treason"
- Schiff Blasts GOP For Following Trump's Lead With Two New ‘Partisan’ Probes
- US ambassador to New Zealand investigated over inappropriate comments
- Federal court clears way for 17-year-old immigrant to get abortion
- "I rise today to say, 'Enough.' " Full transcript of Sen. Jeff Flake's remarks on the Senate floor
- Tapper Claps Back After Sarah Palin Accuses Him of Misrepresenting Her Comments on Flake
Trump announced that he will release over 3,000 classified files relating to the Kennedy assassination. Spoiler alert: Apparently Hillary did it. - Conan O'Brien
Oh For Crying Out Loud, Give Hillary Credit For Doing A Good Investigation!
The Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s campaign partly funded research that resulted in the controversial dossier alleging ties between President Donald Trump and Russia, the Washington Post reported late Tuesday.
The Washington Post reported, citing unnamed sources familiar with the matter, that Clinton campaign attorney Marc Elias retained research firm Fusion GPS in April 2016 to conduct research into Trump.
Prior to that date, the firm’s research was funded during the Republican primary by an unknown Republican client, according to the report.
If Hillary Clinton is responsible for discovering that Donald Trump colluded with Russia, she deserves the Nobel prize. - John Aravosis
Former President George H.W. Bush has apologized for an “attempt at humor” after being accused of sexual assault by actress Heather Lind.
Lind, in a now-deleted Instagram post Tuesday, accused Bush, 93, of touching her from behind during a photo-op while in his wheelchair.
If Bill O'Reilly can blame God for his problems, can the rest of us blame God for Bill O’Reilly? - Stephen Colbert
The more I hear about this ridiculous Uranium One story, the more I think someone in the Trump Administration is about to be indicted.- Erik Bransteen
Rock The Voter News
- Democrat mocks Trump with paper towels in Congress after Puerto Rico fiasco
- Democrats' George W. Bush Nostalgia Smacks of Political Opportunism | RealClearPolitics
Hmmm. Trump Doesn't Want To Release These Hillary's Emails?
A federal judge has upheld the Trump administration's right to not release two emails from Hillary Clinton's private account on the grounds that they contain classified information related to the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya.
China has its strongest leader in decades at the same time that the United States has one of its weakest. - Michael McFaul
Elon Musk Is Helping Puerto Rico
Entrepreneur Elon Musk has followed through on his plan to boost power resources in Puerto Rico after it was devastated by Hurricane Maria.
Mr Musk's firm, Tesla, has set up solar panels and energy storage batteries at Hospital del Nino, a children's hospital in San Juan.
Michael Bloomberg: Brexit is stupidest thing any country has done besides Trump
- Under Congressional Microscope, Twitter Vows New 'Transparency' On Ads
- NAACP warns African-American travelers to be careful when flying with American Airlines
- Boeing's campaign for tariffs against the C-Series aircraft has backfired
- Chipotle's stock plummets as food scares continue; worst day in 5 years
Explain to me how a middle-of-the-night Congressional vote to strip consumers of the right to sue their banks helps anyone but banks.- Ali Velshi
This Trump Decision Should Create Thousands Of Jobs Or A Backlog Nightmare
Under a new U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services policy issued Monday, foreigners applying for a visa extension will no longer be given “deference” if their job descriptions haven’t significantly changed. This means that regardless of how long a foreigner has been in the country, immigration officers must review the application as if it were new.
Playboy is featuring its first ever transgender Playmate in its November issue. And if you think that’s not natural, neither are any of the other Playmates. - Seth Myers