ussel Honoré, the lieutenant general largely credited with turning around the chaotic situation in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina, criticized Donald Trump’s administration for its handling of the unfolding disaster in Puerto Rico, Bloomberg reports.
“It’s kind of like Katrina: We got it. We got it. Oh, sh*t, send in the cavalry,” the retired general said Wednesday. “This is a hit on White House decision making.”
There are a gazillion planes, ships, amphibious vehicles at Florida military bases alone and the US Navy's Fourth Fleet Command in the Caribbean and Central America is closeby, too. Trump is deplorable.
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump Weighs Waiving Law Barring Foreign Ships From Delivering Aid to Puerto Rico
- Royal Caribbean cancels cruise, sends ship on rescue mission to Puerto Rico
- Pentagon taps Army general to lead military relief in Puerto Rico: CNN
- N Korea: 'Lunatic' Trump exploiting Otto Warmbier's death
- ISIS Leader Baghdadi Speaks of North Korea 'Nuclear' Threat to US in New Speech, Suggesting He Is Alive
- China steps up security on North Korea, India and Myanmar borders for Communist Party congress
- Russian hacker facing charges in U.S. claims he worked for Putin's party
- Russian-bought Black Lives Matter ad on Facebook targeted Baltimore and Ferguson
Trump Restricts Congress From Visiting Puerto Rico and USVI.
The Trump administration is restricting members of Congress from making official visits as part of official delegations to the hurricane-battered U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, congressional sources from both parties said Wednesday.
Trump announced he will visit Puerto Rico next Tuesday and survey the storm damage. However, Trump may have to cancel depending on what happens on Monday Night Football. - Conan O'Brien
The Animals - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place. The National Anthem of the Vietnam Veteran. - Jimmie von Tungeln
- Trump aide slams media for hurting Puerto Rico’s ‘morale’ by reporting on slow Maria response
- Paul Ryan: ‘It’s Misguided To Protest The Anthem And The Flag’
- Arkansas firefighter gets the ax for saying anthem protesters should be ‘shot in the head’
- EXCLUSIVE: Fake Russian news played a huge role in swing states that Trump barely won
- Donald Trump Jr. ditched Secret Service protection to kill a moose
- Trump brags about turning away in disgust as elderly Mar-A-Lago guest lay bleeding on the floor
- GOP Sen. Kennedy on Price’s private flights: "Can’t put lipstick on this pig"
Trump shouldn’t be praised for waiving Jones Act to help Puerto Rico — he should be loudly criticized for taking this long to do it. - Mike Levin
At First I Thought This Was Fake News. Nope.
The Trump administration is reportedly forcing evacuees from Puerto Rico to sign promissory notes ensuring full repayment for transportation costs and is keeping evacuees' passports as collateral.
Trump admin flunkies all using private email accounts was a one-day story and then gone. Imagine if Hillary had used private email. Oh wait. - Jeff Tiedrich
Yesterday officials confirmed that at least six of President Trump's closest advisers used a private email to discuss official White House business. In a related story, Hillary Clinton was hospitalized today after rolling her eyes so hard she threw her back out. - James Corden
Rock The Voter News
- Hillary Clinton will help raise money with Ralph Northam in Virginia governor's race
- Still with her: Hundreds of fans greet Hillary Clinton at Fort Greene book signing
- Hillary Clinton just ended Bill O'Reilly's streak of No. 1 bestseller books
Hillary Clinton's ability to bounce back & keep fighting the good fight never ceases to inspire me.- Sarah Lerner
|This little girl dressed up as Hillary. Yes, Hillary matters.|
- US economy accelerates in second quarter; hurricanes expected to slow growth
- Zuckerberg fires back after Trump calls Facebook "anti-Trump": We're a platform for all voices
- Airlines Suffer Worldwide Delays After Global Booking System Fails
- National Coffee Day: Where to get free and discounted cups of java on Friday
If the only reason Trump wanted to be President was to save a fortune on taxes, let's cut him a check for a billion dollars and make him go the fuck away. - Andy Borowitz
This Will Turn Into A Congressional Fight
The National Flood Insurance Program has depleted its borrowing authority after a series of devastating hurricanes over the past several weeks, a turning point that will put pressure on Congress to allow it to tap Treasury further to pay claims.
Saudi Arabia just announced they will let women drive. Women say that they're excited, and can't wait to drive straight out of Saudi Arabia. - Jimmy Fallon
I hope you had a good time today
in these turbulent times.