A number of press reports have picked up this exchange this morning between ABC’s Jonathan Karl and White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus. But people have missed the real significance. Priebus doesn’t discuss changing ‘press laws’ or ‘libel laws’. He specifically says that the White House has considered and continues to consider amending or even abolishing the 1st Amendment because of critical press coverage of President Trump
According to a new CNN poll, 44 percent of Americans approve of the job President Trump is doing as he approaches his 100th day in office. While the other 56 percent said, “It’s only been 100 days?!” - Seth Myers
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump says Andrew Jackson, who died 16 years before Civil War, was "really angry" about Civil War
- President Trump on job of being president: "I've had things that were tougher."
- NYT: State Dept., National Security Council surprised by Trump’s Duterte invite
- 2.5K visas for Afghans who helped US troops included in spending bill
- Trump: It took '10 minutes' with Egyptian president to secure prisoner's
- U.S. troops are patrolling the Syria-Turkey border
- Trump: Kim Jong-Un is ‘a Pretty Smart Cookie’ For Maintaining Power in North Korea
- Spending bill requires Syrian civil war, ISIS strategies
If you are one of the people confused about why the civil war happened...slavery. Start there. - Christopher C. Cuomo
Smoke & Mirrors?
Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte said he could not commit to visiting the White House after President Trump invited him this weekend, saying “I am tied up.”
“I cannot make any definite promise. I am supposed to go to Russia; I am supposed to go to Israel,” he said...
Sebastian Gorka is the first--but probably not the last--Nazi to be forced out of the White House. Think about that. - George Takei
trump's civil war comments will seem pretty quaint when the nukes start falling. - @echedgar tweet
- WATCH: Trump abruptly ends interview after being pressed on Obama wiretapping claims
- Trump says claims that Obama wiretapped him have been 'proven very strongly'
- Trump claims he personally swung Supreme Court: 'Every 5-4 decision is because of me'
- Trump picks anti-abortion advocate to oversee federal contraception funding program
- Sources: Sebastian Gorka to leave White House
- Ivanka Trump hawks family’s new development in Philippines as dad invites strongman to White House
- Miami GOP seeks unicorn candidate to save Dem-trending Ros-Lehtinen seat
- Trump and Obama haven't spoken since Inauguration Day
- Trump: My wife has been "terribly abused by the press"
The White House invited reporters to bring their kids with them this morning for Take Your Kids to Work Day. Or as Trump calls it, every day. - Jimmy Fallon
GOP Renew Attacks On Pelosi
Move over Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, Republicans have a new campaign boogeyman. Well, sort of new. It's more of an encore for Nancy Pelosi, the 77-year-old House Democratic leader who spent four years as the nation's first ...
Ivanka keeps doing business out of the WH. She should peddle a skincare line. Her dad’s presidency is aging the sh*t out of us all. - Bette Midler
Yale Republicans = cru·el·ty
callous indifference to or pleasure in causing pain and suffering.
Yale University's local College Republicans chapter held a barbecue on Friday near the fasting site of campus union organizers participating in a hunger strike directed against the university. Bragging about the wafting, delicious smells on Facebook, it appears to have been a move to torment the fasting grad students, who have thus far gone days without food in a protest for their worker's rights struggle.
Rock The Voter News
- ‘Every Democrat For President’: Quarter of Senate Dems Reportedly Mulling 2020 Runs
- Senate Dems win "huge victory" with permanent extension of health benefits for miners
FYI: I'll bet my bank account that Hillary, given 30 minutes, could write an accurate longform essay on the causes of the Civil War. - Charles Clymer
Abracadabra:China Could've Hacked The Election
In conversation with John Dickerson, the president suggested that maybe it wasn’t Russia behind the email hacking that took place during the election season that led up to his presidency. In fact, it “could’ve been China,” he said.....
When will PocoPenis Trump stop calling Senator Warren "Pocahontas?" - Madeline Begun Kane
- Oil slips below $52 as US drilling, China worries weigh
- Consumer Spending in U.S. Stalls in March
- Commercial opportunities are vastly outweighed by damage to the climate
- Scientists Are Calling for NY Times Boycott Over Op-Ed by 'Climate Change Denier'
Report: American Dream Now An Out-Of-Court Settlement. - The Onion
If Anyone Believes This I Have A Bridge In Brooklyn To Sell
President Trump said Monday he’s considering breaking up major Wall Street banks, and could support bringing back a Depression-era law separating consumer and investment banking.
The year is 2052, President Cooterpie has declared war on That Island of Plastic Garbage in the Pacific, and the Stones are still touring. - Conan O'Brien
It's the 1st of the month
Please Kick A Few Bucks Over To Help Pay AHNC's Bills!