A culture of paranoia is consuming the Trump administration, with staffers increasingly preoccupied with perceived enemies—inside their own government.
In interviews, nearly a dozen White House aides and federal agency staffers described a litany of suspicions:
On the train to the labor camp I just know I'm going to be wedged in next to some tool who won't shut up about how the Dems are just as bad. - Jeff Tiedrich
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- US military likely to send as many as 1000 more ground troops into Syria ahead of Raqqa offensive, officials say
- ‘They blinked’: Defense secretary threatens to ‘walk’ unless Trump axes fanatic loyalist, source says
- Grassley accuses law enforcement officials of witholding information in Trump-Russia probe
- US May Soon Increase Pressure on China to Constrain North Korea
FBI Dir. James Comey set to testify on whether Russia hacked our election. He'll also weigh in on whether the sky is blue & if water is wet. - George Takei
|Wadda mean 'what rhymes with Tucker?'|
Republican War On NBC Has Begun
Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Tuesday accused NBC of “intentionally” interfering in the 2016 presidential election to undermine President Trump’s campaign.
You can follow Jesus or you can follow Trump but it is not possible to follow both. - John Fugelsang
- Woman dies from seizure 6 months after government cut Medicaid benefits and sent her back to work
- Reporter David Cay Johnston’s family bullied by President’s supporters
- Hannity: NBC on 'political jihad' against Trump
- Corey Lewandowski and Fox host say Obama ‘deep state’ conspired for ‘NBC jihad’ on Trump’s tax returns
- Trump's personal lawyer says Snoop Dogg owes the president an apology
- Paul Ryan foresees no major changes in Republican healthcare plan
- With cuts looming, Park Service closes Ben Franklin print shop, Jefferson’s Declaration House
Only in the Republican Party would Paul Ryan be considered "the intellectual." - Andy Borowitz
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) says the Senate will stall on confirming President Trump’s deputy attorney general if the FBI refuses to provide evidence of wiretaps against Trump.
“Congress is going to flex its muscle here and you see that all over the place,” Graham said Wednesday
While I am glad we're finally seeing some of Trump's taxes, I question the ethics of Trump's microwave oven that leaked them. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Clinton considering run for NYC mayor: report
- Courts hear arguments challenging Trump’s new travel ban
Trump to visit grave of noted genocidal racist Andrew Jackson. Old Hickory meets Old Dickery. - John Fugelsang
White Nationalists don't give 2 shucks about jobs or healthcare, but let 'em knock over a few Jewish gravestones and they love ya forever . - Tea Pain
Obama's Microwave In The Clear
President Donald Trump's claim that former President Barack Obama ordered the wiretapping of his phones ran into headwinds on several fronts Wednesday, as three top Republicans said they'd seen no evidence of the assertion.
- Oil halts losing streak with more than 2% rebound
- DOJ to formally charge suspects in Yahoo hack: reports
- Fed Raises Benchmark Rate as Inflation Approaches 2% Target
- Monsanto Weed Killer Roundup Faces New Doubts on Safety in Unsealed Documents
It's not that Trump wants to turn America into Mad Max Fury Road; it's that he thinks we're already like that. - John Fugelsang
Trump Is In Bed With Everybody
When a Chinese American businesswoman who sells access to powerful people recently purchased a $15.8 million penthouse in a building owned by President Donald Trump, the deal raised a key question. Was this a straightforward real estate transaction, or was this an effort to win favor with the new administration? The woman, Angela Chen, refused to discuss the purchase with the media. The White House and the Trump Organization would not comment on it. Further investigation by Mother Jones has unearthed a new element to the story: Chen has ties to important members of the Chinese ruling elite and to an organization considered a front group for Chinese military intelligence.
Thousands of flights were canceled today due to a powerful winter storm. Either that or Trump’s new travel ban is for all of us. - Seth Myers
TRUMP MAKES ME USE CURSE WORDS Fundraiser