Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand vowed Monday to not keep quiet as Congressional Republicans pursue legislation to ease restrictions on gun silencers.
Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said bills introduced in the House of Representatives and Senate earlier this year would make it easier for criminals to dodge law enforcement by using suppressors on firearms.
I know the Republicans want to silence us but allowing frigging gun silencers? Death becomes the GOP.
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump wants to slash US funding for UN programs by over 50 percent
- Saudi Arabia creates a girls council to empower women — but where are the girls?
- Canada's Girl Scouts banning trips to US over travel ban
- Senators tear into Marines on nude photo scandal
In other recent appointment news, Donald Trump elected his ambassador to Russia — former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman. This is great news for Trump. He finally has someone in his administration who is actually supposed to meet with the Russians. - James Corden
|Nuclear detonation visible from Las Vegas strip circa 1952.|
Sounds Like Someone Wants A Race War
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) pushed back against the notion that minority groups will one day surpass whites in the population, saying that Hispanics and blacks "will be fighting each other before that happens."
You call this snow, comrade? In Soviet Russia, snow so deep, you can bury six pesky diplomats and entire Trump Dossier all winter.- George Takei
- WH analysis of ObamaCare replacement projects bigger coverage gap than CBO: report
- Drudge: GOP "lied about wanting tax cuts. Can we get our votes back?"
- Trump's plan to dismember government
- House reschedules healthcare bill markup due to weather
- The GOP health plan is an act of class warfare by the rich against the poor
- GOP rep to man at town hall: 'Shut up'
- Major Iowa paper drops the hammer on the GOP: If you disagree with Steve King’s racism — end his career
- White nationalist group's tax-exempt status revoked by US
- Trump's Gallup approval rating today is 39%
The average Republican voter has become too willfully ignorant to be a competent citizen.
Which was the Republicans plan all along. - driftglass
Trump Should Just Move To Mar-a-Lago. It Would Save Millions.
President Trump will return to Mar-a-Lago this weekend, the White House confirmed on Monday, making it the fifth weekend he has spent in Florida as president.
Trump has reportedly spent almost a quarter of his time as president at his resort in the Sunshine State.
New research says that Neanderthals used to relieve pain by chewing on a plant containing the main ingredient in aspirin. Or as that’s now being called, “the Republican healthcare plan.” - Conan O'Brien
Obama's Headed To Hawaii
It is not yet known if Obama will make any official appearances or what his plans are while he's in the state, where he was born in 1961.
Rock The Voter News
- American Citizens: US Border Agents Can Search Your Cellphone
- A Texas lawmaker has proposed a bill that would fine a man $100 each time he masturbates
I'd settle for making America functional again. - John Fugelsang
This Is Bizarre And Terrifying
Are you one of the 13 remaining people on this planet who believes that President Trump is actually calling the shots in his administration, instead of merely serving as a tweet-happy puppet of White House chief strategist and Joseph McCarthy fanboy Steve Bannon? If so, the executive order signed on Monday, the "Comprehensive Plan for Reorganizing the Executive Branch," might just be the straw that breaks the eternally optimistic, hopelessly naïve camel's back.
For the second time, RadioShack has filed for bankruptcy. Experts say if RadioShack goes bankrupt one more time, it can officially run for president. - Conan O'Brien
- Kushners, Trump In-laws, Near $400 Million Deal with Chinese Firm
- Hospital Stocks Fall After Republican Health Bill Seen Leaving 24 Million Uninsured
- Republicans are about to let telecoms sell your internet browsing history — for your ‘protection’
- Rachel Maddow Stopped Covering Trump’s Tweets, And Her Ratings Soared
I've heard if you say "jobs" 3 times in front of the microwave... Obama appears and takes a bow.- Alt Fed Employee
Step Right Up And Getcha A Real Email Scandal
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson reportedly used an alias e-mail address in climate change discussions during his time as Exxon Mobil chairman and chief executive, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Tillerson used a pseudonym — Wayne Tracker — from 2008 to 2015, but Exxon failed to disclose that detail, the Journal reported late on Monday, citing New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman's office.
I HATE autocorrect. Must turn it off. Only what if it comes back? In the dark? - Stephen King