Christopher Steele, the former MI6 agent who investigated Donald Trump’s alleged Kremlin links, was so worried by what he was discovering that at the end he was working without pay, The Independent has learned.
Mr Steele also decided to pass on information to both British and American intelligence officials after concluding that such material should not just be in the hands of political opponents of Mr Trump, who had hired his services, but was a matter of national security for both countries.
Got it. The GOP has deemed too many Americans having health insurance a bigger crisis than a foreign government meddling in our elections.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Obama marks one-year anniversary of Iran nuclear deal implementation
- Oman accepts 10 Gitmo detainees
- Wife of Orlando nightclub shooter arrested
- Before presidential run, Trump called Russia the 'biggest problem' and geopolitical foe of U.S.
Welcome to America, where we can celebrate a man who fought racism on a Monday & inaugurate a racist that Friday.- John Fugelsang
I'd like to thank all the white men who are taking time out from their busy day to explain to black people the history of civil rights. - Tea Party Cat
Meanwhile, Trump Has Really Pissed Off China
Two Chinese state-run newspapers are warning President-elect Donald Trump against putting the “One China” policy up for debate.
"If Trump is determined to use this gambit in taking office, a period of fierce, damaging interactions will be unavoidable, as Beijing will have no choice but to take off the gloves," wrote China Daily, an English-language newspaper
Skinheads and Hippies, Piccadilly Circus, 1969.
- Crowley passes on role in Trump administration: report
- Laura Ingraham mulling Senate run: report
- Brit Hume: Today's Civil Rights Leaders 'Perpetuate the Image of America as a Deeply Racist Nation'
- Trump *promises* that he'll replace Obamacare with "insurance for everybody."
- Neo-Nazi media outlet collapses after fellow racists discover the founder’s wife is Jewish
- ‘It’s somewhat enjoyable’: Rep. Chris Collins says it’s fun to call John Lewis ‘a spoiled child’
- Michigan mayor caught on tape calling black people ‘chimps’ and women ‘dried up c*nts’
- Elizabeth Warren defends Lewis at MLK breakfast: ‘Trump hasn’t put his life on the line for anyone’
- In the Middle of the Night, the Senate Voted Against Keeping Health-Care Coverage for Contraceptives
GOP congressmen starting to be swarmed at town halls by GOP constituents who FINALLY figured out the ACA they love is the Obamacare they hate. - Kurt Eichenwald
GOP Wants To Fully Legalize Gun Silencers. What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
The GOP has just risen to a whole new level of crazy. Last week, it introduced the Duncan-Carter Hearing Protection Act of 2017, sponsored by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) and Rep. John Carter (R-TX). The bill removes gun silencers from the scope of the National Firearms Act of 1934, and refunds the $200 transfer tax to applicants who purchased them after October 22, 2015.
Trump questioned President Obama's legitimacy based on a racist lie.
Lewis questions Trump's legitimacy based on verified intelligence. - Jesse Berney
I'm thinking the use of the phrase "peaceful transition of power" is code for "please shut the F up while we set up our dictatorship." - Erik Bransteen
Rock The Voter News
- Watch Martin Luther King Jr.’s ‘I have a dream’ speech
- John Lewis honors MLK: He was like a big brother
- You Draw It: What Got Better or Worse During Obama’s Presidency
- Number of Democratic lawmakers boycotting Trump's inauguration grows
- Read the letter the FBI sent MLK to try to convince him to kill himself
Trump: "There is no conflict of interest. My sons will run my businesses as independent of me as my administration is independent of Putin!" - Tea Party Cat
Karaoke machine backs out of preforming at the inauguration. - Andy Borowitz
- Trump expanding Scottish golf course after vow of no new foreign deals: report
- Trump: German automakers will pay tariff on cars built outside US
- Defiant EU nations ready themselves for Trump presidency
- ‘He Has Our Complete Support’: CNN Defends Jim Acosta Against Criticisms From Sean Spicer
|I love Meryl Streep.|
MSNBC to Preempt Trump Inauguration with Rerun of Obama's. - Andy Borowitz
Meanwhile, Science Believers Are Facing Reality
The British Antarctic Survey is to pull all staff out of its space-age Halley base in March for safety reasons. The highly unusual move is necessary because the Brunt Ice Shelf on which the research station sits has developed a big new crack.
Make sure to post all of your anti-Trump tweets this week.
Because by Saturday, the authorities will classify them as 2nd degree felonies.- Erick Bransteen