Mexican president cancels meeting with Trump amid spat over border wall
Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto said Thursday he has canceled an upcoming meeting with President Trump amid a spat over Peña Nieto’s refusal to pay for a planned wall along the U.S. southern border. Trump has long vowed that Mexico would pay for the construction project.
Following President Trump’s inauguration, the White House website no longer has an option for translation into Spanish. So, sorry, Mexican immigrants, if you want to live here, you’ll just have to learn to speak Russian.- Seth Myers
|Apologies to the memory of Edward Hopper.|
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Syria rebels await action from Trump on safe zones, Damascus silent
- China may be developing new long-range air-to-air missile
- ‘Doomsday clock’ is now at two-and-a-half minutes to midnight
- President Trump Tells ABC News' David Muir He 'Absolutely' Thinks Waterboarding Works
Dear Donald J. Trump: Honest, we don't need a wall. Just having you as our President is enough to to make people not want to live here.- Andy Borowitz
I'm Surprised Terrorists Haven't Attacked The U.S. Since We're So Vulnerable
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s job running the State Department just got considerably more difficult. The entire senior level of management officials resigned Wednesday, part of an ongoing mass exodus of senior foreign service officers who don’t want to stick around for the Trump era.
It hasn't been 14 days yet. We should be able to return the President as long as we kept the receipt and original packaging.- Tea Pain
- White House press secretary says border wall will be funded by 20 percent import tax on Mexican goods
- Trump Repeats Lie About Popular Vote in Meeting With Lawmakers
- Civil Liberties Groups to Donald Trump: 'See You in Court'
- Cognitive science says a lying leader like Trump can scramble your mind and destabilize society
- Trump Urges Republican Lawmakers to Move Fast on His Agenda
- Carl Bernstein: Nervous Republican officials are questioning President Trump’s ’emotional stability’
- Republicans divided over whether millions of Americans should lose government-subsidized health coverage
You People Made Me Give Up My Peanut Farm Before I Got To Be President. - Jimmy Carter ( from the Onion)
Nope. Trump Can't Silence The Scientists.
Jan 25 (Reuters) - Employees from more than a dozen U.S. government agencies have established a network of unofficial "rogue" Twitter feeds in defiance of what they see as attempts by President Donald Trump to muzzle federal climate change research and other science.
The Oscar nominations came out and the movie “La La Land” got 14 nominations. However, that’s only because 3 to 5 million undocumented immigrants voted illegally. - Conan O-Brien
Rock The Voter News
- Obama's advice to British PM: Befriend Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton on women's marchers: "We have to keep up the momentum"
A Fox News host claims he saw Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway get into a fistfight at one of the inaugural balls. However, today it was explained to him that “that’s just how Irish people dance.”- Conan O-Brien
Germany Allows Insulting Foreign Heads Of State
Germany's Cabinet says it is scrapping a controversial and little-used law that makes it a criminal offense to insult foreign heads of state, effective Jan. 1, 2018. Justice Minister Heiko Mass said the law is "obsolete and unnecessary," Deutsche Welle reported.
- Dow trades above 20000 but stocks struggle to reclaim momentum
- US Jobless Claims Rose Last Week to 259000
- Ford Plunks Down $200 Million Bet on Trump and Awaits Reward
- Mexico's Jose Cuervo tequila IPO aims to raise over $700 million
President Trump today met with the leaders of Fiat, Chrysler, Ford, and General Motors. And he asked them one question, “How many people do you think were at my inauguration?”- Seth Myers
The War On The Media Deepens
Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s chief White House strategist, laced into the American press during an interview on Wednesday evening, arguing that news organizations had been “humiliated” by an election outcome few anticipated, and repeatedly describing the media as “the opposition party” of the current administration.
“The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for awhile,” Mr. Bannon said during a telephone call.
|Thank you Mary Tyler Moore.|
All Hat No Cattle Fundraiser