Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Update


Hillary is not going to die.

That being said, I feel an urge to stuff and mount multiple "news" outlet anchors/"reporters" and hang them in the Journalism Hall of Shame.

Mea Culpa. Mea Maxima Culpa for being offline today.

I have been offline since 8am. At that time I toted my friend Yerlin to a local clinic in Playa Brasilito to tend to her damaged thumb, at my insistence. I dropped her at the clinic and went to visit my friend Yvonne nearby.

Yvonne is a retired nurse, her knowledge of medicine extends from Switzerland, the Vietnam War, North Africa and eventually the USA. She is from the school of Been There, Done That. She saw a photo of Yerlin's thumb on Facebook, looked at me and said she may have to have part of her thumb amputated. My heart and my head totally agreed. Thank you Yvonne.

Within minutes, Yerlin called me to say the clinic doctor would not be in today but the medical assistant cleaned her wound. OK I have had enough.

I picked Yerlin up and we went to a private clinic in Santa Cruz. She saw a doctor, was fully checked out and given new medications. Only time will tell.

Thank you AllHatNoCattlers because a bit of the birthday money you sent me paid for Yerlin's doctor visit...and it was only 25,000 colones or less than $50 US dollars!

Yerlin's infection is very curious to us. How did she get it? At first Yerlin thought she picked up the infection from cleaning a wound on her dog BUT Yvonne disagreed and felt the type of infection she saw was more likely due to her work. Yerlin is the chef at a local restaurant and Yvonne felt she may have gotten the infection from some food item she handled at work.

Soooooooooo...that was my day.

Thank you Yvonne, Facebook and you, my viewers.

I'll be here tomorrow.


Peace, I hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment