Reversing a more diplomatic tone he set during a joint appearance with Donald Trump in the Mexican capital, President Enrique Peña Nieto .
“As soon as we sat down to order, I made it very clear that I had no intention of paying for lunch,” Peña Nieto said. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- US troops in Iraq increasingly active as Mosul battle nears
- Huge crowds march in Venezuela to force recall of President Nicolás Maduro
- Vladimir Putin's private meeting with elite British schoolboys
- Chicago homicides hit 20-year high as gun violence spikes
Stay Safe Florida!
Florida's governor issued a stern warning Thursday for a state that hasn't had a hurricane landfall for a decade: Hermine, expected to hit the eastern Florida Panhandle by early Friday, could be memorably dangerous.
Illegal immigration at net zero increase, record deportations, more troops than ever on the border. Something's got to be done.- John Fugelsang
|Art Young's "This World of Creepers", published in 1907.|
- Trump Camp: Negotiating Wall Payment Now Would've Been 'Inappropriate'
- Mexican Prez Won't Back Down: I Was ‘Clear’ With Trump We'd Never Fund Wall
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- Trump paid IRS fine after illegal political contribution: report
- Former Trump adviser: Immigration speech is plot to lose and create ‘nativist’ media empire
- Trump VP: Trump will look into "the whole question of 'anchor babies'"
- A scary list of Donald Trump’s mob ties in Atlantic City and New York
- ‘I’m withdrawing my support — and it’s not only me’: Top Latino supporter dumps Trump on CNN
After insulting Mexico for the past year, Donald Trump was in Mexico today. Things got awkward when he made a speech that started out, “Hola, Rapists.” - Conan O'Brien
|I hope Hillary wipes that smirk off his face.|
Mexican president Enrique Peña Nieto was thoroughly dressed down online and in the Mexican press on Wednesday for hosting a genial meeting with Donald Trump despite the scathing criticism the Republican nominee has directed towards the United States’ southern neighbor. Yet Mexico’s foreign minister insisted that Trump's barbs were addressed during his private meeting with Peña Nieto.
The president expressed Mexicans’ “grave indignation” for Trump’s “insults and offenses,” Foreign Minister Claudia Ruiz Massieu wrote in a tweet on Wednesday night.
Trump's just like his Twitter trolls. He got plucked like a chicken by Nieto, then crowed like a rooster about how he pecked the Mexicans.- Tea Pain
Rock The Voter News
- Poll: Clinton has 7-point lead over Trump
- Ethics lawyer for the Bush Administration: Clinton Foundation controversy is just a distraction
- ‘Guccifer’ hacker who exposed Clinton’s emails gets 52 months in prison
CNN Host Slaps Trump Rep With Facts
Kellyanne Conway, like other Donald Trump campaign representatives, has gained a reputation for making wildly fact-free claims to defend her boss.
Dear pundits, just for once, instead of asking if #Trump's speech is effective, ask if any of it is true. Thanks!- Kona Lowell
The president of Mexico hosted Donald Trump. It was just another example of a Mexican doing a job that Americans don’t want. - Conan O'Brien
- NYT Scrambles To Rewrite Botched Story On Trump’s Immigration Speech
- TV news stories about birth control quote politicians and priests more often than medical experts
- This ESPN commentator insists that the US ‘is not oppressing black people’
- As Labor Day approaches, a reminder that the minimum wage is not a livable one
Pope Blames Greed For Global Warming
Pope Francis called on Thursday for concerted action against environmental degradation and climate change, renewing a fierce attack on consumerism and financial greed which, he said, were threatening the planet.
Chris Christie just vetoed a proposal to boost New Jersey’s minimum wage to $15 an hour. Then fast food workers said, “After all we've done for you?” - Jimmy Fallon