Over the last year there has been a recurrent refrain about the seeming bromance between Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. More seriously, but relatedly, many believe Trump is an admirer and would-be emulator of Putin's increasingly autocratic and illiberal rule. But there's quite a bit more to the story. At a minimum, Trump appears to have a deep financial dependence on Russian money from persons close to Putin....
My biggest fear about Putin is that he will inspire Trump to take his shirt off in public.- Andy Borowitz
The plot thickens. DNC researcher targets Manafort-- then has her personal email hacked by "state-sponsored actor" - Michael Isikoff
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Afghan, 16, arrested in connection with Munich shootings
- Two dead, up to 16 injured after shooting at Fort Myers club
- Ukraine, after war, becomes a trove for black market arms trade
- U.S. praises confidence-building measures with Chinese military
ISIS is holding a fundraiser for you, you giant spray-tanned terrorism recruitment poster you.- John Fugelsang
Putin Must Be Enjoying This
An unusual question is capturing the attention of cyberspecialists, Russia experts and Democratic Party leaders in Philadelphia: Is Vladimir V. Putin trying to meddle in the American presidential election?
Weird. Wikileaks isn't releasing Trump's tax returns.- LOLGOP
- ‘It’s frightening’: Morning Joe terrified by Trump-Putin ‘bromance’
- Donald Trump overtakes Hillary Clinton post RNC, poll finds
- Donald Trump Team Woos Bernie Sanders Supporters at Democratic Convention
- Trump threatens to pull the US out of the World Trade Organization
- Trump Foreign Policy Advisor Posts Anti-Semitic Tweet
- Trump On Cruz: The RNC Crowd Would've 'Ripped Him Off The Stage'
"The new joke in town is that Russia leaked the disastrous DNC e-mails, which should never have been written (stupid), because Putin likes me"- Donald Trump Tweet
RNC Chair Defends Trump's Conspiracy Comments To Keep Base Happy
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus on Sunday defended presidential nominee Donald Trump, who again linked Sen. Ted Cruz’s father to President Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald last week.
Mysteries solved by the GOP this year:
1) who killed JFK? (Ted Cruz's dad according to Trump.)
2) Why were the pyramids built? (To store grain according to Ben Carson.)
3) Who came up with global warming? (The Chinese according to Trump.)
4) Do vaccines cause autism? (Yes according to Trump, Carson, and Rand Paul.)
5) Who invented biological evolution (Lucifer according to Carson.)
What a F-ing clown show. - spec9
Beginning to think Trump won't release his tax returns because Putin claims him as a dependent.- LOLGOP
I like imagining what certain Trump supporters would say if Hillary Clinton accepted the Dem nomination with her 5 kids by 3 different men. - John Fugelsang
Door Hits Debbie In Ass On Way Out
Chaos erupted as Debbie Wasserman Schultz addressed Florida delegates on Monday, as protesters jeered the outgoing Democratic National Committee chairwoman as she delivered a speech.
Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren's heritage in one tweet then slams DNC considering mocking Sanders heritage in the next. - Katy Tur
Loyalty or Political Suicide?
Hillary Clinton is thanking her “longtime friend” Debbie Wasserman Schultz after the Florida congresswoman’s decision to step down as chair of the Democratic National Committee. Clinton says that Wasserman Schultz will serve as honorary chair of her campaign’s 50-state program to help elect Democrats around the country.
Debbie Wassermann Schultz goes from running DNC to working for HRC.
Never before has a public figure fallen so sideways.- John Fugelsang
Rock The Voter News
- Clinton On Accusations Of Corruption: GOP Has Created ‘Hillary Standard’
- Bloomberg Will Endorse Clinton In Speech At Democratic Convention
- Donna Brazile To Serve As DNC Chief Through The Election
- Bernie Sanders says leaked emails show he was right about the DNC all along
CNN suspends Donna Brazile, as she apparently lacks the electoral objectivity of a Corey Lewandowski.- John Fugelsang
FBI Investigation Begins On DNC Hack
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has launched a probe into the hacking of the Democratic National Committee's emails, the bureau announced Monday.
"The FBI is investigating a cyber intrusion involving the DNC and are working to determine the nature and scope of the matter," the agency said in a statement. "A compromise of this nature is something we take very seriously, and the FBI will continue to investigate and hold accountable those who pose a threat in cyberspace."
The Russians didn't hack the RNC because conservatives cleverly encrypt their emails with poor grammar, bad spelling and no punctuation. - Tea Pain
- Crude Oil 43.12
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83 billion
- Goldman Sachs under fire for role in collapsed UK deal
Oil Prices Dropping
Oil prices fell nearly 3 percent, with U.S. crude slipping to a 3-month low on Monday on rising concerns that a global glut of crude and refined products would pressure markets, delaying a long-anticipated rebalance in the market.
I always feel bad for the gorgeous 50something actresses playing the bizarrely enthusiastic wives in Cialis commercials.- John Fugelsang