In the 1970s when I attended college in the South, I was labeled a conservative Democrat. I believed in rights for all, a strong military because it is a f--king dangerous world, fiscal responsibility because we needed to invest more wisely in the American people and the right to own a gun.
I still believe in those things.
This country can only change from within and both Democrats and Republicans know that.
Hillary Clinton is becoming more and more attractive to Republicans, and not only because of Trump, I think, but because they are actually listening to her. It is about time, as she has three decades of respect from world leaders and being the most admired woman in the world for almost two decades helps, too.
The die hard Bernie supporters that are Hillary haters are just a small fraction, polls show about 90% of Bernie supporters are voting for Hillary. When Hillary lost the nomination in 2008 to Obama, polls indicated as many as 28% of Hillary supporters would vote for McCain...well that didn't happen.
Bernie turned the Democratic Party to the left in the one year he was a member of the party, which was remarkable in itself. It saddens me he decided to return to being an Independent.
Thank you Bernie. You did make a difference.
The icing on the cake -- Republican voters and politicians are realizing that a President Clinton is better than a Dicktator Trump.
Who says Hillary isn't an uniter?
VIEWER ALERT: After Hillary's speech, the official Republican response will be delivered by Scott Baio. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- MSNBC unearths three-year-old interview with Trump in Moscow: ‘I do have a relationship’ with Putin
- Syrian maternity hospital bombed, says Save the Children
- Merkel says Germany stands against terrorists' culture of hatred
Trump Unveils Plan to Crush ISIS: 'I Know How to Bankrupt a Large Organization'- Andy Borowitz
War On Hillary Update: Her Voice
Fox News analyst Brit Hume was distracted by Hillary Clinton's "not so attractive voice" during her speech at the Democratic convention Thursday night.
"A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." - Hillary Clinton
- Trump Suggests Nothing Will Prompt Him To Release His Tax Returns
- Trump Responds To Clinton Speech With A Bunch Of Tweets About ‘Radical Islam’
- Trump attacks Clinton on Twitter after she warns about men "you can bait with a tweet"
- Trump calls Bloomberg a "disaster" after previously praising him on Twitter
- ‘I’m ashamed to have known you’: Conservatives rip Ann Coulter for ugly smear of hero soldier’s dad
- Trump-loving Dilbert cartoonist feared watching Hillary become nominee would rob him of his manhood
- Pence criticizes Obama's DNC speech, saying that name calling has no place in "public life"
- Michigan prosecutor charges six in Flint water scandal: report
The CIA's Trump Conundrum: How do you give classified intelligence briefings to someone who's never been classified as briefly intelligent? - Warren Holstein
“Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see.”
Donald Trump is living up to his reputation as thin-skinned bully.
At a Davenport, Iowa, rally on Thursday, Trump threatened to attack several of the Democratic National Convention’s speakers for their remarks against him.
“I was gonna hit one guy in particular, a very little guy,” Trump said at his rally. “I was gonna hit this guy so hard, his head would spin, he wouldn’t know what the hell happened.”
Rock The Voter News
- Hillary Clinton Assures Gun Owners She's 'Not Here To Take Away Your Guns'
- US appeals court strikes down ‘discriminatory’ North Carolina voter ID law
Hillary Clinton gave her big speech at the Democratic Convention, officially accepting the nomination for president. The speech went well, but the lightning shooting from her hands was a bit much.- Jimmy Fallon
Hack The Voter
Following the hack of Democratic National Committee emails and reports of a new cyberattack against the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, worries abound that foreign nations may be clandestinely involved in the 2016 American presidential campaign. Allegations swirl that Russia, under the direction of President Vladimir Putin, is secretly working to undermine the U.S. Democratic Party. The apparent logic is that a Donald Trump presidency would result in more pro-Russian policies. At the moment, the FBI is investigating, but no U.S. government agency has yet made a formal accusation.
Trump is furious. Of course he's sacrificed for his country. One time he flew 1st class when his private jet was in the shop. - Warren Holstein
- Crude Oil 41.50
- Trump and the Oligarch
- Megyn Kelly airs images of ISIS fighters while Muslim dad of slain US soldier speaks to DNC
- A Bernie supporter bought ClintonKaine.com for $8 in 2011. Now he wants $90,000 for it.
Meanwhile, Back In "Consta-tushional" La La Land
Ryan Bundy demands $100 million to stand trial — or $1 million to serve as own judge
The 44-year-old Bundy, who is serving as his own attorney, filed court documents this week using “sovereign citizen” jargon to the government had no authority over him.
Donald Trump said that when he asked Russia to hack Hillary Clinton’s emails he was being “sarcastic.” Which makes sense — if anyone understands comedy, it’s the Russians.- Conan O'Brien
"Look I'm not gonna say how many pieces of silver. It's ALOT. Believe me. These Pharisees are fantastic guys." - Gospel of Trump - John Fugelsang