Voters in the United Kingdom chose to Brexit from the European Union and the world markets are reacting. The vote to leave beat out the vote to stay 51.8% to 48.2%. All the major indicies (^FTSE, ^GDAXI, ^FCHI) in Europe slid on the news and US markets are following suit. Japan's Nikkei closed down almost 8% today.
The British Pound was down as much as 11% and the Euro was as much as 4% lower.
Bernie says he will vote for Hillary in November. Can we all stop arguing now and make sure what happened with Brexit doesn't happen here? - OhNoSheTwitnt
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- "Trump in Scotland: perfect timing for a business trip to the UK"
- Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Spain seeks to jointly govern Gibraltar after Brexit
- North Korea Warns US Of More Nuclear Tests And Missile Launches
Britain has invaded 90 percent of the world's countries and now THEY want to be left alone?! - Tina Dupuy
Scots To Seek Independence?
Scotland will likely seek independence for a second time this decade after the historic vote for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union, Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said Friday.
New poll says most Americans think David Cameron was that guy who directed 'Titanic.' - The Fake CNN on Twitter
- Trump blames Obama for Brexit vote, says he predicted it
- Trump Unable To Cite Evidence That Clinton's Email Server Was Hacked
- Protester hurls swastika golf balls at Trump during Scotland news conference
- Poll: Palin could hurt GOP ticket as Trump's running mate
- Ex-Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski joins CNN
- Tennessee Congressional Hopeful Posts 'Make America White Again' Board
It's like my grammy always said, "If you have nothing but nice things to say about Donald Trump, CNN will hire you." . LOLGOP
Thousands of social media users are jumping on board with a Brexit-style secession for Texas — which Twitter users are calling “Texit.”
The Texas Nationalist Movement has been trying to piggyback on Britain’s vote for leaving the European Union for several weeks, arguing the two movements are basically the same
I know everyone is panicking about Brexit and Trump being President but there's no need to worry. Jesus will save us. Hope that helps :) - Ricky Grevais
Donald Trump arrived in Scotland at the moment the entire world was tuned in to the news that the U.K. voted to leave the European Union, but his first comments focused -- at great length -- on his golf course.
"The latest polls show Hillary Clinton now leads Donald Trump by 12 points nationally. I guess she's getting some traction from her new slogan, 'Come with me, if you want to live.'" –Seth Meyers
Rock The Voter News
- Obama Says 'Special Relationship' With U.K. Survives Brexit
- Bernie Sanders tells Colbert his supporters are ‘smart enough’ not to vote for ‘bigot’ Trump
- Sanders walks back pledge to vote for Hillary Clinton about an hour after saying he would
I can't get my head around what's happening in Britain.I'm so sorry to the youth of Britain. I fear you've been let down today x - James Corden
Shaq Is Going To Cuba
The State Department is sending NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal to Cuba in an effort to strengthen ties with the island.
The agency on Friday named O’Neal — best known as Shaq — as the first U.S. basketball envoy to Cuba, where he will travel over the weekend.
World economy crumbles, Donald Trump shows off pretty golf course.. - The Fake CNN
- Crude Oil 47.60
- DOW drops 500 points, S&P worst open since 1986
- British prime minister David Cameron to resign after losing Brexit vote
- Boris Johnson favorite with bookmakers to succeed PM David Cameron
- Trump: Pound going down over Brexit is good for business at my golf course in Scotland
British Lose Right to Claim That Americans Are Dumber. - Andy Borowitz
Brexit And Your Wallet
Global stock markets plunged to their lowest levels in months Friday after Britain's surprising decision to leave the European Union, making an immediate dent in Americans' 401(k) accounts and sparking concerns about other financial impacts..
Maserati recently announced a recall for more than 13,000 cars because of a gearshift problem. Coincidentally, a “gearshift problem” is what prompts most men to buy a Maserati in the first place.- Seth Myers
I hope you had a good time today!