Cincinnati mayor now glad GOP rejected convention bid: ‘We’ve seen the violence at Trump rallies’
Officials in Cincinnati were disappointed when the Republicans rejected their bid to host the 2016 convention — but they’re now grateful after Donald Trump and his supporters have signaled violence could be possible.
"This election is heading into the home stretch and it seems like the whole world is watching. In fact, I read that sales for Donald Trump piñatas have been soaring recently. Or as Donald Trump put it, 'Told you I could make the Mexicans pay for something!'" –Jimmy Fallon
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- U.S. military members punished for attack on Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan
- Iran asks U.N. chief to intervene with U.S. after court ruling
- U.S. says working with Russia to revive Syria ceasefire
- U.S. stands by South Korea defense talks despite China, Russia objections
"ISIS has reportedly started rolling out 'reductions in benefits' to try to cut down costs. And now al-Qaeda is trying to compete with them by launching 'Osamacare.'" –Seth Meyers
Protesters Greet Trump
Hundreds of demonstrators descended on the California Republican Convention Friday to protest Donald Trump ahead of his speech there.
Protesters -- some of whom wore bandanas over their faces and carried Mexican flags -- blocked off the road in front of the Hyatt Regency here, forcing the GOP front-runner's motorcade to pull over along a concrete median outside the hotel's back entrance. Trump and his entourage got out and walked into the building.
"Women for Trump"? I haven't been this bewildered since I first heard about gay Republicans.- goldengateblond tweet
- Anti-Defamation League wants Trump to ditch his new slogan
- ‘A lot of what he believes, we believe’ — KKK Grand Imperial Wizard endorses Trump
- GOP women push Trump for female VP pick
- Trump-loving grifters seek $1 million to exile Jon Stewart to Canada
- Fox explodes at Will Ferrell comedy about Reagan’s dementia: ‘It’s an attempt to rewrite history’
- Ted Cruz wins backing from Indiana governor Mike Pence
- Racist statements lead lawmakers to reject John Wayne Day
"During his victory speech last night Donald Trump dismissed the idea of facing a contested convention, saying, 'As far as I'm concerned, it's over.' And by 'it,' I assume he means civilization as we know it." –Seth Meyers
Hey Americans With Pre-existing Conditions, The GOP Wants To Make Healthcare Harder For You!
U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan called on Wednesday for an end to Obamacare’s financial protections for people with serious medical conditions, saying these consumers should be placed in state high-risk pools.
Jeez, poor David Brooks is beside himself over the party losing its base. It's almost like 35 years of tax cuts for the rich hasn't worked. - John Fugelsang
"Sir, the GOP base is revolting!"
David Brooks looks up from his martini: "Yes, they are -- and they smell bad, too." - Jeff Tiedrich
Rock The Voter News
- Boom! Queen & Harry answer Obamas' Invictus Games challenge
- White House: Boehner was just being honest about Cruz being "Lucifer"
- Donald Trump's new target: Bernie Sanders supporters
- Hillary Clinton calls Donald Trump's foreign policy views "quite concerning"
"Over the weekend, Hillary Clinton called Donald Trump a loose cannon and said, 'Loose cannons tend to misfire.' Trump was like, 'My cannon works just fine, I guarantee you, there's no problem. I've already discussed this.'" –Jimmy Fallon
- US oil ends April with nearly 20 pct monthly gain
- Texas court blocks Houston from using tougher clean-air laws
- Norway oil-rig helicopter crash kills 13; flying ban issued
- High-speed rail board approves revised California plan
- Bathroom' Protests Will Likely Leave Target Unscathed, Experts Say
You can't stand up for Main St if you're on all fours for Wall St.- John Fugelsang
Loyal Customer Robs Bank
A "loyal customer" waited in line at a Wells Fargo Thursday for his turn to rob the bank.
A teller said the suspect waited in line until another customer had finished his or her business. The robber, wielding a steak knife, slipped a note to the teller written on a yellow legal pad that said he was robbing the bank.
|Memes need spell check, especially if they're from the GOP.|
Let me tell you what I wish I’d known
When I was young and dreamed of glory:
You have no control:
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story.