Confederate Flag's Removal Turns King Day Into Celebration
For the first time in 17 years, civil rights leaders gathered at the South Carolina Statehouse to pay homage to the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. without the Confederate flag casting a long shadow over them.
Today we honor a man who challenged us to bend the arc of the moral universe toward justice. Let's keep working to realize Dr. King's dream.- President Barack Obama
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- US Embassy says several Americans missing in Iraq
- US announces new Iran sanctions in response to missile tests
- Philippine Plane Warned by 'Chinese Navy' in Disputed Sea
- "They said ISIS, ISIS and they started to hit me." — Bangladeshi man attacked in New York
- Muslim women must learn English or be deported: British PM
- Oregon militant skids off a road, flips his van — then gets cited for driving without a license
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Rev. Martin Luther King
Aaaand, Here Come The Republicans All Jealous About Iran
Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan vigorously denounced the nuclear deal with Iran that was implemented Saturday, vowing US lawmakers would "do everything possible" to prevent Tehran from getting the atomic bomb.
BREAKING: Jade Helm II well underway, Federal officials disclose. 1st phase: Lure extremists to remote federal lands and gently detain them. - tomricks1 tweet
Meanwhile, The Adults In D.C. Got This Done
Jason Rezaian, the Washington Post reporter who was freed Saturday after almost 18 months of incarceration in an Iranian prison, met with Post editors Monday for the first time since his release and said he was “feeling good” ...
- Fox & Friends asks Martin Luther King, Jr.’s niece if MLK would feel bad about the ‘war on police’
- Donald Trump to speak at Liberty University as he searches for votes from evangelical Christians
- Bush unveils education plan, calls issue 'civil rights challenge'
- Christie: Cruz doesn't mind "New York values" when he's collecting hedge funders' checks
- Rubio bought gun for Christmas to defend family from ISIS
- NH Tea Partier sorry for disturbing description of how he would carry out school shooting: ‘I’d have a field day’
- Rand Paul Goes On Twitter Tirade During The Dem Debate
- Thousands brave cold to attend Chicago anti-abortion march
Marco Rubio purchased a gun to protect his family from ISIS, so we’re all safe now. Thanks, Rubio!- Tea Party Cat
Harney County, Oregon—the site of a two-week long, militia-led standoff against the federal government—is "the most government-dependent county in Oregon," according to a report from the New York Times.
Today Donald Trump speaks at Liberty University, founded by a segregationist who defended apartheid. Happy #MLKday to irony everywhere.- John Fugelsang
Obama To The Rescue
U.S. President Barack Obama declared a state of emergency in Michigan on Saturday and ordered federal aid for state and local response efforts in the county where the city of Flint has been contending with lead-contaminated drinking water.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder had asked the president to declare both an emergency and an expedited major disaster in Genesee County to protect the safety of Flint residents.
We have former secretary of state and Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton on the show tonight. Backstage she told me she's a huge fan of the show and I was like, "I know, I read it in your emails."- Jimmy Fallon
Rock The Voter News
- Sanders comes out victorious on Twitter during debate
- Poll: Clinton’s lead rises to 25 points nationally
- Nate Silver gives Clinton an 81% likelihood of winning Iowa
- Man-made heat put in oceans has doubled since 1997
California's Methane Leak Delayed Because They Don't Know WTF To Do
A gas leak at Los Angeles's Porter Ranch has caused thousands of residents to fall ill or be displaced since its discovery in late October 2015.
On Saturday, plans to capture and burn the leaking natural gas have been put on hold due to the risk of a catastrophic explosion.
Jeb Bush has released a new ad showing clips of mean things Donald Trump has said on the campaign trail. He also released his new campaign slogan "I'm telling!"- Seth Myers
Brits Pass On Banning Trump
LONDON (AP) — Donald Trump doesn't have many fans in Britain's Parliament.
But a debate among lawmakers on calls to ban Trump from the country revealed little appetite to close Britain's doors to the provocative Republican U.S. presidential contender.
- Oil hits 2003 low below $28 as Iran sanctions lifted
- Taxi drivers in Hungary demand Uber to be shut down
- Chipotle to shut outlets next month for food safety meeting
The richest 1% now has as much wealth and more Republicans than the rest of the world' combined.- LOLGOP
The State Of The US Stock Market
The second trading week of 2016 was not much better than the first as the stock market extended its January decline. The S&P 500 lost 2.2%, extending its January drop to 8.0%.
President Vladimir Putin said that Russia has invented the world's most effective drug to fight Ebola. Yeah. When asked if he tested it on rats, Putin said, "You could call them that. Sure, yeah, yeah. They're rats."- Jimmy Fallon
I hope you had a good time today.
Thanks for stopping by.