Report: Obama scolded Pentagon chief on Guantanamo transfers
President Obama reprimanded Defense Secretary Ash Carter in September over the Pentagon's slow approval for Guantanamo detainee transfers, according to a new Reuters special report.
Is this Ash Carter incompetent or is it institutional? Obama reprimanded him last September.
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Blast at government office in Pakistan kills 23: official
- Belgium arrests two suspects over New Year's holiday plot
- U.S.-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- Poll: 30 percent of Republicans want to bomb country from ‘Aladdin’
- Former US defense secretary: Nuclear dangers are growing
♪ ♫ You say ISIS ♪
♪ ♫ I say ISIL ♬ ♪
♪ ♭Let's call the whole thing Daesh ♩ ♪ - LOLGOP
Will The Cuban Refugees Be Greeted At The Mexico/US Border? Or Will They Take The Rio Grande Route?
The countries that comprise the Central American Integration System (SICA) agreed late Monday to carry out an initial “pilot humanitarian transfer” of thousands of Cuban migrants stranded in Costa Rica to El Salvador, and later to Mexico from where they will continue their journey to the United States, in January.
Why was the grand jury reviewing this? Fox News already convicted #TamirRice of his own murder on the grounds that he was a scary black man. - Tea Party Cat
- Trump's new attack on Hillary: Her husband’s infidelities
- Donald Trump changes his tune on wages after being blasted by Bernie Sanders
- Fox host: Don’t ‘ridicule’ cops for shooting Tamir Rice because ‘these things are going to happen’
- Cruz supporters are just as bonkers as Trump’s: Obama ‘ruined our country, ruined Christmas’
Another Planned Parenthood Victory
A federal judge on Monday blocked the state of Missouri from revoking the abortion license of a Planned Parenthood Clinic in Columbia, saying the state had treated the clinic more harshly than similar institutions and had moved to withdraw the license because of political pressure from some state lawmakers.
Trump is "willing to drink his own Kool-Aid. And manufacture and distribute it." - Stephen Colbert
Republicans Eating Their Own.
Outside the Beltway, the right is livid with new Speaker Paul Ryan’s trillion-dollar spending deal with Democrats.
Conservative pundit Ann Coulter says Ryan, just seven weeks on the job, is ripe for a primary challenge. “Paul Ryan Betrays America,” blared a headline on the conservative site Breibart.com. And Twitter is littered with references to the Wisconsin Republican’s new “Muslim beard.”
FYI: Affluenza if left untreated can lead to birtherism and a campaign for the presidency. - LOLGOP
Houston, The Snow Has Landed
A storm system that triggered deadly tornadoes and flooding in the U.S. Midwest and Southwest pushed north on Tuesday, bringing snow and ice from Iowa to Massachusetts and another day of tangled air travel.
Rock The Voter News
- Bernie Sanders wants federal probe of Tamir Rice case: ‘We need to take a hard look’ at police use of force
- Hillary Clinton hits back at 'demeaning' Donald Trump
10,000 Record Highs In December. Only One TV Weatherman Linked It To Global Warming.
A Raw Story analysis of thousands of TV weather forecasts in the United States found that only one meteorologist was willing to concede that the record breaking temperatures over the Christmas holiday could be linked to climate change.
The National Weather Service reported that over two dozen cities in the Eastern U.S. set record high temperatures on Christmas day. And during the first 27 days of December, about 10,000 record daily highs and record warm lows were set across the U.S.
NYC has lowest crime rate but highest temperatures in modern history. Or as the NY Post reported: CRIME OUT OF CONTROL!! CLIMATE CHANGE LOL - The Daily Edge
Who Is The Webmaster? Daesh?
An independent computer security researcher uncovered a database of information on 191 million voters that is exposed on the open Internet due to an incorrectly configured database, he said on Monday.
Record job creation. Unemployment 5%. Gas at record lows. Rubio says he'll change all that. - The Daily Edge
- Saudi stocks fall on oil-linked tax rises
- German states to spend around 17 billion euros on refugees in 2016: Die Welt
- Texas mall evacuated when hoverboard catches fire after failing to charge
Terrorists attacked America on 9/11. Then Congress ransacked America on behalf of corporations and rich donors. - The Daily Edge
America Is For Rich People!
No lender sues more of its customers than Capital One, according to ProPublica’s review of state court data.