Obama Calls for Gun Law Changes After Latest Mass Shooting in California
President Barack Obama called for stricter firearms laws as after a mass shooting in California that left at least 14 people dead, calling the spate of gun violence in the U.S. "unparalleled" to other countries.
People who want to do something about mass shootings aren't 'exploiting a tragedy' - they're trying to prevent the next one.- John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- San Bernardino shooters dropped off baby — and hours later sowed panic and tragedy
- US-led coalition target IS oil facilities in eastern Syria
- Kerry calls for Syrian, Arab ground troops against IS
- Britain joins Syria air war; Putin vows more sanctions on Turkey
- Turkey dismisses 'Soviet propaganda', says trying to secure Syria border
- Putin: Allah made Turkish leaders 'lose their minds'
- German police conduct raids tied to false French passports
- Pentagon task force spent $150 million on villas, private security guards in Afghanistan
- Texas sues U.S., relief agency, to block Syrian refugees
We can't stop gun violence but we can stop teens from having sex and adults from saying "Happy holidays."- LOLGOP
Back In Iraq
President Barack Obama said his decision to send more U.S. special forces to combat Islamic State in Iraq is not an indication that the United States is headed for another invasion like the one in 2003 that locked it in a long, violent conflict.
Carnival Barker Reacts To Mass Shooting
Donald Trump managed to find a silver lining in the murder of 14 people in San Bernardino, California, retweeting a fan’s tweet saying that his poll numbers would go up as a result.
- Top Fundraiser Leaves Ben Carson's Campaign
- Republican Ted Cruz says California attack underscores 'We are at a time of war'
- Fox News doctor ties San Bernardino shooting to ‘the state of feminism’ — and Benghazi
- ‘Is it a literal war on Christmas?’: Fox analyst suspects shooters plotted against holiday season
- Donald Trump says he will visit Israel 'very soon' to meet Benjamin Netanyahu
- N.J. legislature to vote on overriding Christie gun control veto
- Twitter Eviscerates Fiorina on Gun Control During #CarlyLive Social Media Forum
Carly Fiorina Gunsplains
GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina said Thursday morning she doesn’t think people on the terrorist watch list should be barred from owning guns because her friend was on the watch list and owned a gun.
Conservatives are being humble when they offer a moment of silence over gun violence. The silence goes on and on.- LOLGOP
In 1989 George H. W. Bush Believed In Global Warming
The memos, stamped “confidential” and kept under wraps for years, portray a White House eager to assert U.S. leadership on climate change. Global warming will have “profound consequences,” one document warns, and the United States “cannot wait” until all scientific questions are resolved before taking action.
Forecasters say El Niño should bring much-needed rain to California. Meanwhile, Donald Trump said if elected president he won’t let El Niño into the country.- Conan O'Brien
Another Government Shutdown?
Congressional Republicans could doom a massive spending bill needed to keep the government running beyond Dec. 11 if they try to fold legislation tightening screening of Syrian refugees into the measure...
Pope Francis is calling for an audit of all the Catholic Church’s wealth. In a related story, Pope Francis is missing.- Conan O'Brien
Rock The Voter News
- Sanders slams Senate for Obamacare repeal bill
- Clinton calls for federal investigation of Chicago shooting
I'm so old, I remember when Republicans were basically decent people with different views on economics, and not unhinged psychopaths.- Jeff Tiedrich
Snowball Senator Blames God For Bad Weather
Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe (R), who is heretofore best known for tossing a snowball on the Senate floor to prove it’s too cold outside for there to be such a thing as climate change, now seems to be inching toward accepting it’s real. The caveat is that he says God is causing it.
The Associated Press just announced that they are no longer including Hillary Clinton's maiden name “Rodham” in articles about her, nor will they call her “Mrs. Clinton” anymore. While Republicans have announced that they will no longer call Hillary by the name “Lady Voldemort.”- Jimmy Fallon
GUN TV Shopping Network Delayed Till After Christmas
The launch of a new home shopping television network dedicated to selling guns has been delayed until 2016.
According to The Guardian, “Gun TV” will now be launching on Wednesday, Jan. 20 in the United States.
- Oil rises on report of Saudi proposal to balance market next year
- Iran insists on 'right' to raise oil output
- Yellen gives Congress upbeat view on march towards liftoff
- The Latest: Euro surges as ECB package falls short of hype
Carly Fiorina, If you're such an awesome CEO, why has no one hired you since you ran HP into the ground?- Jeff Tiedrich
Some People Have No Choice But To Eat Contaminated Food
Some 600 million people get sick from eating contaminated food each year, and around 420,000 die, the World Health Organization said Thursday, adding that young children account for nearly one third of those deaths.
In the spirit of Mark Zuckerberg, I'm pledging to give away 99% of my college debt.- Warren Holstein