Hastert attorney says former speaker intends to plead guilty
An attorney for Dennis Hastert told a federal judge Thursday that the former House speaker intends to plead guilty in a federal hush-money case linked to allegations of sexual misconduct from decades ago.
Know who else avoided military service in Vietnam? EVERY GODDAMNED REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE SERVED. - Jeff Tiedrich
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- People are getting shot by toddlers on a weekly basis this year
- Officials: Obama to keep troops in Afghanistan beyond 2016
- U.N. says Iran meets deadline for investigation of atomic past
- Syrian army and Russian jets target rebel towns north of Homs
"As Commander in Chief, I will not allow Afghanistan to be used as safe haven for terrorists to attack our nation again." - President Barack Obama
The Immigrant Crisis In Europe
German Chancellor Angela Merkel stressed Turkey's "key role" in solving Europe's refugee crisis ahead of a weekend visit to Ankara, as her government tightened asylum rules on Thursday to stem an influx of new arrivals.
The question is: Who will hurt the GOP more? Trump by being racist and terrible. Or Bush by dragging George W. out of mothballs.- LOLGOP
- Republican: Benghazi probe 'designed to go after' Hillary
- Ariz. GOPer: Let's 'Take Guns Away From Blacks As They Are The Main Killers'
- Rand Says LGBT Discrimination Laws Not Necessary: Many Places 'Will Hire You'
- Bush's $4.8 Million Ad Blitz In N.H. Has Had No Effect On His Polling
- Donald Trump Says He'll Stop Using Aerosmith Song, Has a 'Better One to Take Its Place'
- Huckabee agrees with pro-slavery radio host: Sell poor criminals as property instead of jailing them
Jeb Bush says #DemDebate candidates would figuratively be a 3rd Obama term; as opposed to, say, a literal 4th Bush term.- John Fugelsang
Trump Bullies Out In Force
During a Donald Trump campaign rally in Richmond, Virginia, on Wednesday, the real estate mogul's supporters got into a physical confrontation with protesters who joined the event to object to Trump's immigration policies.
At the event of nearly 5,000 people, about 20 protesters, some of whom were students at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), began heckling Trump when he began talking about immigration,
The US has 5% of the world's population and 100% of the political parties that think Barbara Streisand and the Pope invented climate change.- LOLGOP
News: Hillary won the debate!
My friends: Bernie won the debate!
Trump: I won the debate!
Huckabee: Asian people eat dogs!- OhNoSheTwitnt
Rock The Voter News
- The anti-Hillary Clinton ad that’s angering some family members of Benghazi victims
- Benghazi Committee to Interview Hillary Clinton Aide Huma Abedin
*steps out of the shadows of a underground parking lot in Washington DC*
[whispers] This Benghazi committee may not be about Benghazi...- LOLGOP
More Than 400 U.S. Cities Will Be Underwater No Matter What We Do
An alarming new study has found that, no matter what we do to fight climate change, it is already too late for more than 400 U.S. cities — including Miami and New Orleans — which will be overcome by rising sea levels caused by anthropogenic climate change. Under a worst-case scenario, New York could be unlivable by the year 2085. Most of the population in those cities live within five feet of the current high tide line.
- Gasoline weighs on US consumer prices, but inflation set to rise
- US Jobless Claims Match Four-Decade Low
- Budget talks may need billions for Medicare fix
- German authorities to order recall of 2.4 mn Volkswagen vehicles
Love it when people who believe in no minimum wage accuse others of wanting "free stuff."- LOLGOP
Whaaaat? Wall Street Bonuses Cut?
Oct 15 Wall Street bankers and traders are likely to get smaller bonuses this year as trading revenue plunges.
Goldman Sachs said on Thursday that it set aside 16 percent less money for compensation in the third quarter compared with the same period in 2014.
Playboy magazine is going to stop publishing nude photos of women starting next year. So now if you want to see a naked woman you'll have to go to HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, the Internet, Burning Man, a PETA protest, perfume ads, or ESPN The Magazine.- Seth Myers
- Pakistani pilgrims flock to crocodile shrine as Taliban threat recedes
- Military blows up World War II-era bomb found in Utah desert
- Union says Pennsylvania health department has mold, asbestos
- Paramedic in wedding dress works crash on way to reception
- This Cat Doesn't Give a Flip About Your Stupid Pet Door
Time To Deflate Photo
I never knew that Sean Connery was Mr. Universe before Mr. Bond!