With today’s arrival of Pope Francis in the United States, there is simmering controversy over the Obama administration’s guest list for his visit to the White House, especially among conservative commentators who believe that the president should not have invited people at odds with the Vatican’s positions on gay clergy, same-sex marriage and abortion.
First Republican who calls the Pope a "PINO" wins a copy of Ann Coulter's new book "Shut Up, Foreigner."- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- US military accused of telling soldiers to overlook Afghan abuse of boys
- Afghan Taliban seize Humvees for sneak attacks and propaganda
- European Union Ministers Meet Over Plan to Distribute Refugees
Trump's playbook: attack a group (Mexicans, women, Muslims) and then say you love them. Trump is America's abusive boyfriend.- Andy Borowitz
The Ultra Religious GOP Will Not Like The Pope's Message.
Pope Francis was to due to arrive in the United States on Tuesday bearing a message that the power and wealth that Washington symbolizes should be made to serve humanity, and not the other way around.
97% of climate scientists believe we can do something to prevent global warming. 100% of Popes and 0% of GOP candidates for president agree.- LOLGOP
- Pope Francis’s Visit Spells Trouble for Republican Presidential Candidates
- Christie: Leader Of NJ Guard Never Told Me He Was Too Overweight To Serve!
- Carson: Walker Wasn't Talking About Me When He Said Other GOPers Should Quit
- Carson Was Dropped From Christian Event Over His Own Religious Beliefs
- Scott Walker's exit sets off Republican feeding frenzy
- Franklin Graham: Obama will have 'blood of children' on his hands if he vetoes Planned Parenthood defunding
CNN wisely called it 'The Republican Debate' rather than 'This 3-hr Commercial for Democrats.'- John Fugelsang
Wake Up And Smell The Bushes
The big news in Texas right now is that George P Bush, son of a JebBush, got elected Land Commissioner in Texas and is violating the law, hiring his friends and family, not posting jobs, and has turned the Texas General Land office to a frat house / political payoff machine that even has his retired Republican predecessor aghast.
To easiest way to win the GOP primary is to offend the exact people you need to win the general election.- LOLGOP
Freedom from other people's religions is one thing the Founders nailed almost from the beginning. Nice to see the GOP 3 centuries behind.- LOLGOP
Fox Feud With Trump Accelerates
Real-estate magnate Donald Trump's feud with Fox News is apparently back on again.
The Republican presidential front-runner had two seemingly pleasant Fox News interviews on Monday.
Rock The Voter News
- President Obama Blasts Fox News In Speech
- Bernie Sanders would be the big winner in new public-funding model
- Hillary Clinton rolls out drug price plan as one drug cost rises 5000%
Bernie Sanders had 27,500 in the sport arena in Los Angeles In August, 11,000 in Phoenix, 28,000 in Portland on a Sunday. A guy in his 70s filling stadiums? Who does he think he is, a Rolling Stone?- Stephen Colbert
Obama Has Broken Another Record
Friday afternoon announcements in Washington are usually aimed at attracting as little attention as possible, but last Friday was different. President Obama’s decision to nominate Eric Fanning — an openly gay man — to head a branch of the military which only four years ago did not allow gays and lesbians to serve openly, was both historic and attention-grabbing.
And it underscored an often-overlooked feature of the Obama presidency: Obama has presided over the most demographically diverse administration in history, according to a new analysis of his top appointments
Because the FEC does not let candidate names appear in the title of a Super PAC, Carly Fiorina’s organization has started claiming its name CARLY for America is an acronym that stands for Conservative, Authentic, Responsive Leadership for You and for America. And I think that shows her campaign is full of Strategic, Honorable, and Interesting Tactics. - Seth Myers
Remember General Petraeus?
Retired Army Gen. David Petraeus apologized to Congress on Tuesday for sharing classified information with his biographer-mistress, then pivoted from personal to battlefield policy and labeled the current U.S. strategy for fighting Islamic State in the Middle East "inadequate."
- Oil falls 2 percent as concern over demand bites
- 'Dazed and confused': Dow falls 250 on uncertainty
- Greek yogurt billionaire fills his plants with refugees
- Volkswagen Says 11 Million Cars Worldwide Are Affected in Diesel Deception
Jeb Bush's timing is impeccable. Right as Volkswagen's cheating is showing us my we need regulations, he wants to gut them.- LOLGOP
White Collar Criminal Gets 28 Years
The former owner of a peanut company in Georgia was sentenced to 28 years in prison on Monday for his role in a salmonella outbreak that killed nine people and sickened hundreds, a rare instance of jail time in a food contamination case.
Bumped into Sean Penn today. His work in Haiti continues without fanfare. He puts his time and money there without reward and I applaud him. - James Woods
|Clarke Gable joined the US Army Air Forces in 1942 and spent most of 1943 in RAF Polebrook with the 351st Bomb Group.|
- Puppy Shoots Florida Man In Self-Defense
- Sheriff: Lawyers can keep bras on while entering Maine jail
- Domino's Accidentally Delivers $1,300 In Cash Instead Of Chicken Wings
- PETA sues to give monkey the copyright of selfie photos
- Hawaii man bit by shark swims to shore, posts video online
Time To Deflate Photo